Microsoft: Every Xbox One is a Dev kit---actually, no, we changed our minds

#11zerooo0Posted 7/9/2014 9:12:30 AM
Oh well goes back to enjoying Titanfall.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#12Flare1721Posted 7/9/2014 9:19:30 AM
Cant wait to see Kcypher read this.
---
Xemnas - Best Final Boss Ever - KH2 || We Want Mega Man Legends 3!
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Strife1721.png
#13AceAndJunpeiPosted 7/9/2014 9:28:47 AM
Flare1721 posted...
Cant wait to see Kcypher read this.

I predict his jumbled and incoherent response will include buzzwords like "pony", "PSNow", "TLOU" and "no games".

What do you all think?
---
You're like a puzzle that can't be solved, some pieces never fill the gaps
#14That_Damn_KidPosted 7/9/2014 9:30:13 AM
typical M$
---
I'm not a kid, I just act like one
GT: ITS DAT DAM KID --- PSN: Lamburghini89/// X1, Wii U, 360, 3DS
#15VoidBeyondPosted 7/9/2014 9:37:25 AM
So all you guys posting against this, are you developers or modders? No? Then how does this affect you in ANY way
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//Steam: Soontowait
FC: 2981-6641-9175//NNID: RaptorCats//Origin: SecondcityTakk
#16InjusticeRebornPosted 7/9/2014 9:58:49 AM
bossk5 posted...
Damn it! This news makes me feel.......... Unaffected

VoidBeyond posted...
So all you guys posting against this, are you developers or modders? No? Then how does this affect you in ANY way

All this.

But hey, Microsoft 'tried'.

It seems they didn't put any effort towards it in the end, but they tried to go about indie development in a different way, from what I've took from this subject (it wasn't anything that I bothered reading up on), and now they're going about it the usual way, by supplying indies who wish to develop for the Xbox, with two kits, only if they've signed up to their ID program, I'm assuming?

So what does this mean anyway, they'll just patch it out?
---
A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. What about my PlayStation?
#17EstocassassinPosted 7/9/2014 10:03:42 AM
Does this also mean that mod support for games is out of the window? Because that is one feature i was definitely excited for.
#18cheezedadadaPosted 7/9/2014 10:05:08 AM
InjusticeReborn posted...
It seems they didn't put any effort towards it in the end, but they tried to go about indie development in a different way, from what I've took from this subject (it wasn't anything that I bothered reading up on), and now they're going about it the usual way, by supplying indies who wish to develop for the Xbox, with two kits, only if they've signed up to their ID program, I'm assuming?

Pretty much, yeah.

This is from towards the end of the article:

"However, studios applying to the ID@Xbox programmer will receive two free developer kits from Microsoft."
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4, etc.
#19MrSpaM111Posted 7/9/2014 10:10:15 AM
VoidBeyond posted...

Slightly besides the point. A lot of people off here claimed to be game developers and couldn't wait to make a game for a console they had no coding knowledge for, beside the fact they had zero experience programming anything.

They will all be disappointed now.
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#20SupaflyGibsonPosted 7/9/2014 10:12:57 AM
Yep its another '180' as people love to say, but will this affect me or most XONE owners at all? No.
---
gt: For Spartaa