Eurogamer--Microsoft's PR blunders caused Sony to re-write E3 PS4 script

#11Kazuya_80Posted 7/9/2014 12:11:40 PM
bob15x posted...
orestes1981 posted...
ITT---Posters in this thread that state Sony changed policies did not read the article.

The only thing they changed was to be crystal clear.

good to see you automatically believe business guys. They all lie. We will never know the real truth.

hes a Sony fan for a while, if that makes a difference
#12Shik_stickPosted 7/9/2014 12:35:15 PM
ejay8320 posted...
Combo626 posted...
And yet so many people refuse to acknowledge this.

No...

From the article:

"Sony's policies did not change at any time, House stressed, but it had become clear Sony would do well to state its position more carefully."

What many claimed was Sony changed their policies to be different from MS which as stated in the article didn't change.

Beat me to it. Of course, none of the Xbox fanboys here will acknowledge this in any way but that is just how they are.
---
Teach me about bozongas!-Jude Mathis
Best game of 2013 , The Last of Us. Sony is on point!
#13ExempliGratiaPosted 7/9/2014 12:38:07 PM
So Sony purposely was going to make their e3 conference unclear or something? I don't get how making sure it was clear would be something caused by Microsoft.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#14Shik_stickPosted 7/9/2014 12:39:39 PM
Kazuya_80 posted...
bob15x posted...
orestes1981 posted...
ITT---Posters in this thread that state Sony changed policies did not read the article.

good to see you automatically believe business guys. They all lie. We will never know the real truth.

Well in the time between the PS4 reveal and the Xbox One reveal/E3, Sony already stated that they would not be having any DRM or Used game restrictions. This was said quite a few times over those weeks but they never said it in a big, grand way to the public.

So yes, i believe what they were saying right from the very beginning. Because they came out and said it all BEFORE MS said anything. All he is saying in this article is that they wanted to make absolutely sure everybody understood their message. I'm assuming he was referring to the bullet-point segment where they said point by point, that they would not be doing the same things that MS was doing. It doesn't get much clearer than that.
---
Teach me about bozongas!-Jude Mathis
Best game of 2013 , The Last of Us. Sony is on point!
#15Xeeh_BitzPosted 7/9/2014 12:42:57 PM(edited)
The point is?

They wanted to send out a clear message.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#16orestes1981Posted 7/10/2014 7:26:01 AM
Kazuya_80 posted...
bob15x posted...
orestes1981 posted...

Sony fan? I think I am a person that possesses "reading comprehension."
---
Cappin' thine enemy is not exactly something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher
#17nmercyPosted 7/10/2014 7:52:03 AM
I completely believe that they did not change their policies, but I can also completely believe that they changed the script at the last minute to capitalize on the backlash MS had for their E3 press conference.

They were probably watching the MS E3 press conference in astonishment realizing they were just given the biggest, tide turning gift ever. It was the moment they went from being in second place to being in the first place and they capitalized on it.
---
PSN: NMercy / Xbox GamerTag: N Mercy
#18BeefEasterPosted 7/10/2014 7:58:30 AM
orestes1981 posted...
Kazuya_80 posted...
bob15x posted...
orestes1981 posted...

lol

what's that?

you read and understood the article?

PONY!!
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
#19TehPwnzererPosted 7/10/2014 8:01:43 AM
nmercy posted...
I completely believe that they did not change their policies, but I can also completely believe that they changed the script at the last minute to capitalize on the backlash MS had for their E3 press conference.

They were probably watching the MS E3 press conference in astonishment realizing they were just given the biggest, tide turning gift ever. It was the moment they went from being in second place to being in the first place and they capitalized on it.

The owner of Sony said so in an interview where he said his twitter feed was polluted with pleas and begging from fans not to make the decisions Microsoft did with the xbox one. If I remember correctly his words were along the lines of "I wanted so badly to reply on twitter saying we weren't going to do this anyway, but then we thought why not have some fun with it".

So they definitely won over the console war as per E3 2013 which might just go down in history as the best conference for Sony. I mean I can't remember the last time one of the big three got a standing ovation.
#20Kazuya_80Posted 7/10/2014 8:48:00 AM
orestes1981 posted...
Kazuya_80 posted...
bob15x posted...
orestes1981 posted...

no what iam saying is, a Sony exec could tell you the sky is green and you would belive it