Eurogamer--Microsoft's PR blunders caused Sony to re-write E3 PS4 script

#51TheGam3925Posted 7/15/2014 2:54:48 AM
darkphiresage posted...
People can link tweets and articles from before E3 stating that sony had no intentions of adding drm, or stopping used games. All of these people are still claiming they were going to, but changed their minds, can't produce a single scrap of evidence. All they have is, "there were rumors!". Well s***, is that all it takes? It does make me wonder if when new drm and blocking used games were "just rumors" for X1, were those same people insisting that it must be true?

Anyway, it took MS months to implement the changes needed to the X1's os, and they still required a last minute patch to do it. So you're telling me that sony changed all that s*** in their software after the backlash and still managed to get their system out before MS', with a faster os, and without missing a beat or requiring a patch to clear all the nasty drm and used game blocks? pure, unadulterated bull****. Not only would I have trouble believing that if they were equally skilled in software/netcode/etc, but it's pretty common knowledge that MS is, and has been the reigning king of software for decades now. ffs, it took sony a year to add folders to the vita. If they had to make sweeping changes to the ps4's os, that ish would be releasing next month. -_-

Xbox fanboys want it both ways. Pre e3 they couldn't stop saying the Xbone DRM was just a rumor, and CoD Ghosts being 720p was just a rumor. And now they are treating the Sony DRM rumor as hard concrete evidence lol.

Fail harder fanboys.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#52Kazuya_80Posted 7/15/2014 3:07:47 AM(edited)
TheGam3925 posted...
darkphiresage posted...
People can link tweets and articles from before E3 stating that sony had no intentions of adding drm, or stopping used games. All of these people are still claiming they were going to, but changed their minds, can't produce a single scrap of evidence. All they have is, "there were rumors!". Well s***, is that all it takes? It does make me wonder if when new drm and blocking used games were "just rumors" for X1, were those same people insisting that it must be true?

Anyway, it took MS months to implement the changes needed to the X1's os, and they still required a last minute patch to do it. So you're telling me that sony changed all that s*** in their software after the backlash and still managed to get their system out before MS', with a faster os, and without missing a beat or requiring a patch to clear all the nasty drm and used game blocks? pure, unadulterated bull****. Not only would I have trouble believing that if they were equally skilled in software/netcode/etc, but it's pretty common knowledge that MS is, and has been the reigning king of software for decades now. ffs, it took sony a year to add folders to the vita. If they had to make sweeping changes to the ps4's os, that ish would be releasing next month. -_-

Xbox fanboys want it both ways. Pre e3 they couldn't stop saying the Xbone DRM was just a rumor, and CoD Ghosts being 720p was just a rumor. And now they are treating the Sony DRM rumor as hard concrete evidence lol.

Fail harder fanboys.

because they where rumors originally
#53TheGam3925Posted 7/15/2014 3:13:40 AM
Kazuya_80 posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
darkphiresage posted...

Fail harder fanboys.

Or it was accurate, leaked information that was proven to be true. Regardless, the Sony DRM was nothing but a rumor.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#54Kazuya_80Posted 7/15/2014 3:17:10 AM
TheGam3925 posted...
Kazuya_80 posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
darkphiresage posted...

Fail harder fanboys.

Or it was accurate, leaked information that was proven to be true. Regardless, the Sony DRM was nothing but a rumor.

Plenty of times rumors turn out to be false
#55Shinobi120Posted 7/18/2014 6:35:55 PM
Enclave posted...
I can't believe there are still people who believe the conspiracy theories. Sony when they revealed the PS4 said they were using the same DRM as on their previous consoles (that it was up to the publisher what they wanted to do) it's clear Sony at no point changed their DRM plans due to the Xbone. So stop saying crap like "we'll never know
", because we do know.

The only thing we'll never know is if they ever gave it consideration before the reveal and to that I'd say they probably at the very least considered it for a moment before deciding consumers would react too negatively.

Most likely coming from Xbox fanboys that are being completely obtuse.
#56AwayFromHerePosted 7/18/2014 8:05:29 PM
Why is this still news?
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#57LaZyEyeZ0oPosted 7/18/2014 8:21:36 PM
Sony paid attention.

MS has months of feedback and negativity about the DRM stuff and used market. And they were still shocked when they revealed it. LOL
#58NSGraphitePosted 7/18/2014 8:34:40 PM
I'm one of the biggest Sony Ponies on these message boards and even I know Sony did this. Of course they were considering DRM. Game publishers have been pushing for it for years. But Sony was smart enough to keep their plans under wraps, unlike MS and that idiot Adam Orth, and when the gaming public turned on them, Sony quietly changed their plans.
---
http://m.quickmeme.com/meme/3va9jp/
I don't always Troll on the internet. But when I do, I make it the Xbox-One forums...
#59Shinobi120Posted 7/18/2014 8:36:11 PM
NSGraphite posted...
I'm one of the biggest Sony Ponies on these message boards and even I know Sony did this. Of course they were considering DRM. Game publishers have been pushing for it for years. But Sony was smart enough to keep their plans under wraps, unlike MS and that idiot Adam Orth, and when the gaming public turned on them, Sony quietly changed their plans.

I hope you're joking. There was no proof that they were considering DRM whatsoever.
#60AwayFromHerePosted 7/18/2014 8:38:24 PM
NSGraphite posted...

And yet places like Gamestop still exist...
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.