Remasters - Let's move on, when 2015 starts, please!

#21ssj5goku2005Posted 7/10/2014 7:20:14 AM
crucial posted...
I only want remakes of games that are 10 years old or longer,GTA5 and LoU are just ports imo and will bring nothing to me since I just played them,Halo 2 however bring that in 1080p at 60fps now that is more then just a port.

Pretty much this...not so much an age thing as a gen thing...like 7th gen just ended not too long ago and is still being supported so it is unnecessary to remake/remaster/port any 360 games to the One right now...original Xbox games, though...I'm all for it because the Xbox is no longer supported and it's pretty much getting revived when brought over to the One

Halo: MCC gets a pass as it has 4 games...2 from 6th gen and 2 from 7th gen, so I can dig it
---
not changing this sig until i feel like it - started 6.23.2009
#22RybalPosted 7/10/2014 7:43:24 AM
Jiggy101011 posted...
I don't understand the want for The Last of Us or Tomb Raider Hair Edition. Especially TLOU, I'm replaying it now and it already looks gorgeous, so is the PS4 version going to have extra dialogue or extra "missions" or is just a graphics upgrade and that's it? I ask because 343 is adding in extra stuff for Halo 2 that wasn't in the original 10 years ago.

There was apparently some research done that suggested that half of the current player base for the PS4 never had a PS3, with 17% of them skipping the last generation entirely. That makes TLoU make a little more sense, especially since people heard how good it was (on and on). In some cases, others held off purchasing, hoping that a "definitive" version of games from last year would be released on the new consoles.

SigmaLongshot posted...
For example, Halo Master Chief Collection was higher than Halo 5 in the "most anticipated" poll in OXM. Final Fantasy 7 remake is wanted more than Final Fantasy 15.

In both of these cases, you have a known versus an unknown. You also have beloved games compared to games that are coming after games that were considered disappointing by a large number of their player bases. Sometimes, you can have too much change.

--------------------------------

Personally, I'd rather have more new IPs and companies willing to take risks with new and/or existing properties than just more of the same or minor, incremental changes to gameplay.
---
I HATE seeing incorrect information, regardless of whether it is my preferred system.
PSN: Rybal_81
#23SigmaLongshot(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2014 10:24:22 AM
Rybal posted...
Jiggy101011 posted...
I don't understand the want for The Last of Us or Tomb Raider Hair Edition. Especially TLOU, I'm replaying it now and it already looks gorgeous, so is the PS4 version going to have extra dialogue or extra "missions" or is just a graphics upgrade and that's it? I ask because 343 is adding in extra stuff for Halo 2 that wasn't in the original 10 years ago.

There was apparently some research done that suggested that half of the current player base for the PS4 never had a PS3, with 17% of them skipping the last generation entirely. That makes TLoU make a little more sense, especially since people heard how good it was (on and on). In some cases, others held off purchasing, hoping that a "definitive" version of games from last year would be released on the new consoles.

SigmaLongshot posted...
For example, Halo Master Chief Collection was higher than Halo 5 in the "most anticipated" poll in OXM. Final Fantasy 7 remake is wanted more than Final Fantasy 15.

In both of these cases, you have a known versus an unknown. You also have beloved games compared to games that are coming after games that were considered disappointing by a large number of their player bases. Sometimes, you can have too much change.

--------------------------------

Personally, I'd rather have more new IPs and companies willing to take risks with new and/or existing properties than just more of the same or minor, incremental changes to gameplay.

No, no, you're right enough - it's comparing unknown quantity to known examples - but that simply serves to illustrate my point, that both publishers and consumers alike might be far more open to buying a game they know is good, and they've played before, over, say, something entirely brand-new.

But even the most comfortable cot has to be left sometime, even if all your adult beds have been lumpy and painful so far. It doesn't mean all adult beds are rubbish, it just means you haven't bought the right mattress yet.

Bed metaphors. Christ, I'm getting tenuous these days.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/