Does Buying Digital Charge Tax

#11FinzFan4lifePosted 7/9/2014 6:29:22 PM
You get charged tax when you buy the money, if you already have the money for the game,movie etc in your account then no you don't as you have already paid tax on that money if it's coming straight out of your account you will.
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#12puffnbillys420Posted 7/9/2014 6:31:04 PM
Can somebody explain to me why americans dont just include tax in the price? Its pretty annoying
---
Psn: DirtyJoeBro XBL: joe1ah feel free to add me
#13Blade_Of_IcePosted 7/9/2014 6:31:35 PM
ejay8320 posted...
depends where you live really here in Ontario Canada no tax

seriously? i thought canadians usually got bent over the barrel when it came to taxs...and delivery...
#14SculptorOvFleshPosted 7/9/2014 6:33:31 PM
I do here in canada. But i'll take the $62.99 digital over the $65.99+tax at EB games anyday.
#15FinzFan4lifePosted 7/9/2014 6:34:09 PM
puffnbillys420 posted...
Can somebody explain to me why americans dont just include tax in the price? Its pretty annoying

It is included in something's like gas(which might be only standard thing)

I actually do not have an answer I would assume it has to do with people wanting to know original price then how much they pay in taxes
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#16Darkness3389(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2014 7:06:45 PM
Are you guys sure about being able to combine your credit card and the credit you have from Microsoft? I remember just a month ago when Prototype 2 was on sale for $9.99 on the digital store and I had only $7.00 in credits so I decided what the heck I'll just let my credit card handle the $2.00, but when I went to the store on the Xbox 360 it greyed out the use of the credits and only had the option to pay by credit card. Can you only pay using Microsoft Credit with the exact amount or over that amount on the 360 and not One. I live in California so I think I might be charged taxes because amazon does charge taxes.
---
GT- EndingEye - Patriots, Lakers, Dodgers, Galaxy & Kings Fan
Kobe Bryant 81 points V.S. Toronto Raptor 1/22/06 Historic
#17scoobydoobydontPosted 7/9/2014 7:19:41 PM
Darkness3389 posted...
Are you guys sure about being able to combine your credit card and the credit you have from Microsoft?

You use your CC and then it should ask you if you want to top it off with your MS account. At least, it always has for me.
---
"Why do you expect me to be rational? I'm a troll..." -Izraeil
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg http://i.imgur.com/kVabIeU.jpg
#18leprekon99Posted 7/11/2014 2:17:55 AM(edited)
Well I'm totally confused on this charging tax on digital media. Now I never get charged tax on PSN not Apple iTunes purchases. I even renewed norton digitally and didnt get charged taxes. But m$ on the other had does. I was told they hide it in the cost which is complete bs. I buy a game for $14.99 I pay $14.99. I buy a $14.99 game on xbox & get charged $16.94. So I don't know how they can go about this. Talking to ms about this is like talking to a brick wall. Also apparently some games can't do a split transaction (Valiant Hearts as example)
#19x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 7/11/2014 2:20:25 AM
leprekon99 posted...
Well I'm totally confused on this charging tax on digital media. Now I never get charged tax on PSN not Apple iTunes purchases. I even renewed norton digitally and didnt get charged taxes. But m$ on the other had does. I was told they hide it in the cost which is complete bs. I buy a game for $14.99 I pay $14.99. I buy a $14.99 game on xbox & get charged $16.94. So I don't know how they can go about this. Talking to ms about this is like talking to a brick wall. Also apparently some games can't do a split transaction (Valiant Hearts as example)

What state are you from? Generally online sales tax is charged if that company has a corporate presence within your state. Could be a corporate office or store.
#20aheroafakePosted 7/11/2014 2:33:23 AM
I live in Idaho and don't get charged tax for buying digital content.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | www.youtube.com/capatanaznman |