Microsoft Hiring "Super Creator" To Develop The Next Xbox Hardware...

#21wavvvvesPosted 7/10/2014 2:17:27 PM
Actually, this is not common. The xbox one was thought of after rumors of the ps4 were proven to be real. Microsoft's exact words, "We have no plans for a next generation console, the xbox 360 has a long life ahead of it."
Even though xbox one has the best games and an amazingly perfect controller.. all 3 of these systems seem rushed. If you don't want them to make a better xbox already, that's your thing, but i'm extremely excited for this.
#22scoobydoobydontPosted 7/10/2014 2:24:32 PM
The "next" piece of hardware does not necessarily mean a new console, why are people assuming it does? It could be for the Xbone slim design, it could be for a major peripheral, it could be something else entirely. And if this is going to be a "normal" 5-6 year gen, it's not really too early for any of the big three to start work on the next console anyway.
---
"Why do you expect me to be rational? I'm a troll..." -Izraeil
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg http://i.imgur.com/kVabIeU.jpg
#23TaffmanGPosted 7/10/2014 2:35:35 PM
MS exec- 'Hey guys, just seen Lego Movie and it's totally AWESOME. They've got people in it called Master Builders and.............*silence*'

MS press release the next day- 'We're hiring *cough* 'SUPER CREATORS' to develop our next box which we'll 180 over again!'
#24dj-izzlePosted 7/10/2014 2:43:11 PM
Behaviorism posted...
Not even a year and already the next system is being discussed?

TehPwnzerer posted...
They're ALREADY working on the next xbox? Shouldn't the be more concerned about trying to survive this gen? They will end up alienating what little fanbase they have left.

All three are thinking of their next console.... not a shocker tbh
---
3DS FC: 1693- 1721- 4479 IGN: Daniel | Currently Playing: Pokemon Y, Sonic LW, J&D Collection, Various 3DS VC games
#25BushidoEffect3Posted 7/10/2014 2:57:54 PM
dj-izzle posted...

Well Nintendo needs to work on it the most. their weak Wii U is too far behind for 3rd parties.

their next console better be super speced and worked together with AMD or NVIDIA and others to outperform sony or MS. In the past GameCube was on par with PS2 or xbox, but since the Wii, they've been weak in specs.
---
http://i.imgur.com/exzrVRj.jpg, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyOHNjZ-2qM
http://i.imgur.com/35CqqSt.gif
#26ThePaleRiderpPosted 7/10/2014 2:59:15 PM
dj-izzle posted...
Behaviorism posted...
Not even a year and already the next system is being discussed?

TehPwnzerer posted...
They're ALREADY working on the next xbox? Shouldn't the be more concerned about trying to survive this gen? They will end up alienating what little fanbase they have left.

Yea I know but look at the result of them rushing the new consoles to the market. Let things die on their own before you jump ship for new tech. I mean honestly more than half of the big budget games STILL come out for ps3 and 360. So why should I upgrade? I mean I probably will in either mid 2015 or 2016 but honestly this gen could have waited to start this year or 2015. Nintendo rushed the WiiU to market. My question is why? They could have survived of the 3DS for a GOOD minute at the rate it's going. 5-6 years for a console gen sounds bad. Especially with the dev process taking longer than it did compared to the 90's.
---
Valar morghulis
#27gobuffalo30Posted 7/10/2014 3:16:23 PM
bob15x posted...
TehPwnzerer posted...

you do know that 6 months ago Sony said they would be looking at the next playsation soon, right?

Link to it because I couldn't find anything google searching it.
#28TheCyborgNinjaPosted 7/10/2014 3:16:39 PM
Looks like the guys who thought MS was going to sell or kill the Xbox division will be crying like the Germans just beat them 7-1.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#29gobuffalo30Posted 7/10/2014 3:18:42 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
The "next" piece of hardware does not necessarily mean a new console, why are people assuming it does? It could be for the Xbone slim design, it could be for a major peripheral, it could be something else entirely. And if this is going to be a "normal" 5-6 year gen, it's not really too early for any of the big three to start work on the next console anyway.

I agree with this, it could be the next edition of the xbox one. I think it's too early to develop another console for the next generation due to the fact that technology and pricing changes all the time. To develop a next gen console now would basically make the console almost obsolete by the time it was released.
#30gobuffalo30Posted 7/10/2014 3:19:32 PM
TheCyborgNinja posted...
Looks like the guys who thought MS was going to sell or kill the Xbox division will be crying like the Germans just beat them 7-1.

As compared to the ones talking about how Sony is going bankrupt in the next couple of years?