Just got xbox one.. Its literally a paperweight... No internet renders it useles

#1StarmanAnthonyPosted 7/10/2014 3:01:10 AM
Just got xbox one.. Its literally a paperweight... No internet renders it useless. we just moved to a new house and becuz of complications getting the internet service provider to come install it properly.. We have been without Internet for over a month.

Come to find out I can't even get past the welcome screen... Without it requiring to connect online..

It just baffles me why would xbox do this? I can't even play blurays... Becuz it requires internet.. Wtf?
---
Instagram: tonylainez2
#2Spetsnaz420Posted 7/10/2014 3:05:53 AM
Yeah you need the day one update to do anything...

Take it to a friends and update it on their wifi

Or I hear you can download it to a USB stick... If so just download it at work or something.
---
A sight for sore eyes to the blind would be awful majestic
#3ScRuiPosted 7/10/2014 3:06:41 AM
Unbelievable...
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>
#4TheGam3925Posted 7/10/2014 3:08:34 AM
ScRui posted...
Unbelievable...

Yeah seriously. I would be a little upset too if I was in the TC's situation.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#5ScRuiPosted 7/10/2014 3:09:43 AM
TheGam3925 posted...
ScRui posted...
Unbelievable...

Yeah seriously. I would be a little upset too if I was in the TC's situation.

I said unbelievable, for other reasons... But to each their own..
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>
#6hsu_reddie09Posted 7/10/2014 3:10:30 AM
No, it's unbelievable that people would post this stuff. It's been known since day one this is the case.
#7Styrof0amPosted 7/10/2014 3:10:44 AM
This is why you read up on a product before buying.
After the collective rage outburst following the online check requirement of the XB1, MS announced a day 1 patch, which is needed to enable offline play. Of course to get such a patch, one needs an internet connection.

As suggested above, take it to a friends house, or bring a USB to work, the library, Starbucks, or whereever else you can get online and download the Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/offline-system-update-diagnostic-tool

---

No commentary. No advertisements. Gameplay only ... http://www.youtube.com/user/kyllingefod
#8StarmanAnthony(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2014 3:13:16 AM
Yeah... I mean I understood it required internet but I didn't think it would render it useless it without it... I feel like I waisted $400... If I can't even get past the welcome screen and play some blurays while I wait for my internet situation to get fixed.

I am truly sad... I had that feeling of when you get a new system... Then within minutes.. It went to complete disappointment...
---
Instagram: tonylainez2
#9chedibang1994Posted 7/10/2014 3:15:38 AM
Sorry tc you screwed yourself, but you can do what the others told you in this topic also please research your product first I knew as soon as I was picking up the console so I brought internet the same day
---
Sony for the gamers!!!! More fun on xbox one!!!! Wii u!!!! The devil is a lie!!!! By Ricky Rosay
#10TaffmanGPosted 7/10/2014 3:16:44 AM
Yes, so in other words TC, it's YOUR fault that Microsoft made a console that doesn't work without an internet connection, NOT theirs.

Perhaps if they hadn't backtracked and 180'd all over the place it would work as intended.

Sorry to hear about your console being useless TC, hope you enjoy it when you finally get it working though. Should never have come to this in the first place though.

Should be a case of plugging it in and playing a game, you know like every other games console released. Pathetic.