Just got xbox one.. Its literally a paperweight... No internet renders it useles

#241carljenkPosted 7/10/2014 7:27:32 PM
Never trust m$
#242CaIiber345Posted 7/10/2014 7:37:34 PM
The amount of stupidity throughout this topic is-

*Internet crashes*
---
TwinStickGaming.com | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, Destiny, Rogue Legacy, The Witness, Fallout 4
#243Homie_202Posted 7/10/2014 7:47:15 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
Homie_202 posted...
I am merely pointing out that some people don't research or look stuff up. I agree to an extent that by this point most people should already know about this update. That doesn't mean everybody potentially interested in the xbox doesn't know about it. There are MANY people who buy consoles and know NOTHING about them.

But who cares? That's the buyer's (TC, in this case) fault, not Microsoft's. TC deserves nothing but scorn and ridicule.

Did I at any point in that ENTIRE POST say it was MS's fault? NO. If I did please point it out to me. it's not anybody's fault it is just one of those things that happens. I just merely pointed out that it's not that ridiculous of an idea for people to not know the console needs internet out of the box. As for the comment I made about people not sitting around looking up info still holds true. MS has done soooooooo many 180's (as people around here like to call them) it's not completely out of the question for someone to have heard it needed an internet connection but then later heard it doesn't but maybe didn't get the whole story.

Why is that so difficult for some people to comprehend? Not everybody who plays games pays ANY real attention to the gaming industry. I'm sure the average person doesn't even know it originally needed internet every 24 hours because the average person doesn't care or again doesn't go on the internet or read anything on consoles. Hey just say oh this is what my friends have I'll take it.
#244CRASS5000Posted 7/10/2014 7:53:00 PM
pigboy posted...
Majority of Mom & Dad & causal gamers won't spend 3 months researching on GameFAQ before buying a console.

Perhaps they'll go to the the Xbox website, for 5 minutes of reading, before they purchase a $500 electronic device for their child/themselves? This message is at the bottom of a lot of the pages related to the console " Initial set-up, and some games and features require broadband internet." Actually, you're right, most of them won't

StarmanAnthony posted...
It just baffles me why would xbox do this?

It is definitely an inconvenience and something that should be fixed. But you knew it was required, i.e., essential for operation. How can you possibly be baffled? If you haven't fixed it, you can try calling your local game stores. Sometimes they'll hook up your console, and update it for you.

I'm definitely not trying to defend MS, but our local ISP's are the real villains in these kind of situations.
---
GT. CRASS RAT GT2. LBC iGoNegative
*Official Topic Killer*
#245Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 7/10/2014 7:57:19 PM
I'm baffled that other people are baffled about consumers just stupidly spending money. Why do you think so many americans are in debt? When I see people complaining about how their benefits suck and don't get paid enough to live on and then immediately pull out their iphones I just want to punch them
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#246LaZyEyeZ0oPosted 7/10/2014 7:58:14 PM
are you guys serious?

who searches if xbox one needs day one update before buying? I don't think about that when im buying a new console. Most consoles buyer buy consoles for the EASE OF USE. If i wanted to do research and read up on updates, I WOULD HAVE BROUGHT A PC.
#247StarmanAnthony(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2014 8:09:58 PM(edited)
Okay everyone I have some good news. I have updated the console using someone's cellphone as a hot spot... NOW I signed in updated everything. Played around in the dashboard. Made my xbox one my home. I disconnected the hotspot. And I thought everything would be okay. I can watch some movies now.... It still won't let me... What's happening here? It still requires internet to watch a blu-Ray movie?
---
Instagram: tonylainez2
#248Homie_202Posted 7/10/2014 8:47:15 PM
StarmanAnthony posted...
Okay everyone I have some good news. I have updated the console using someone's cellphone as a hot spot... NOW I signed in updated everything. Played around in the dashboard. Made my xbox one my home. I disconnected the hotspot. And I thought everything would be okay. I can watch some movies now.... It still won't let me... What's happening here? It still requires internet to watch a blu-Ray movie?

U have to download a blu ray app.
#249nickr2d2Posted 7/10/2014 9:02:05 PM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
I'm baffled that other people are baffled about consumers just stupidly spending money. Why do you think so many americans are in debt? When I see people complaining about how their benefits suck and don't get paid enough to live on and then immediately pull out their iphones I just want to punch them

*applause*

TC, sometimes things like this happen. An overlooked detail, or whatnot... whatever. Mistakes hapen. Don't worry about it.

I'd immagine, though, thart many consumers are in the same situation not due to mistakes, but rather blatantly buying the product before doing any kind of research. At all.

It's this kind of mentality that leads to poor economic decisions, and not-well-thought-out politics. And it's becoming more common, sadly.

Lesson here: read up on anything before buying it. The chances of geting burned go down significantly.
But, yeah, TC, I'm not trying to say that you did this. I'm just saying that this is what many modern consumers are doing.
---
"You're using the wrong words to express your still incorrect thoughts" -Foxx3k
#250avanentPosted 7/10/2014 11:17:38 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
Homie_202 posted...
I am merely pointing out that some people don't research or look stuff up. I agree to an extent that by this point most people should already know about this update. That doesn't mean everybody potentially interested in the xbox doesn't know about it. There are MANY people who buy consoles and know NOTHING about them.

But who cares? That's the buyer's (TC, in this case) fault, not Microsoft's. TC deserves nothing but scorn and ridicule.

I completely disagree. Six months later the xbone still requires a day one patch? That is ridiculous. At the start of launch,because of all the policy changes and public outcry, a day one patch was less than ideal but understandable due to the logisitics of trying to go back and change the software... But six months later? That is not acceptable.