Just got xbox one.. Its literally a paperweight... No internet renders it useles

#251StarmanAnthony(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 1:19:21 AM
Bluray app?? Are you serious?
---
Instagram: tonylainez2
#252Homie_202Posted 7/11/2014 1:25:19 AM
StarmanAnthony posted...

Yea both have it. I read an article somewhere (can't remember at the website) saying that the reason at least xbox does it is because then they don't have to pay some royalty. I can't remember the exact specifics but that's why you don't have the app is because if you don't download it it saves MS money so they don't have it preloaded.
#253AltiarLioPosted 7/11/2014 1:27:28 AM
Homie_202 posted...
StarmanAnthony posted...

Yea both have it. I read an article somewhere (can't remember at the website) saying that the reason at least xbox does it is because then they don't have to pay some royalty. I can't remember the exact specifics but that's why you don't have the app is because if you don't download it it saves MS money so they don't have it preloaded.

Same with the optional media update on the 360.
---
http://sadbrazilians.tumblr.com/
Adapt or Die. GT: Tyron3L1o
#254Homie_202Posted 7/11/2014 1:32:46 AM
AltiarLio posted...
Homie_202 posted...
StarmanAnthony posted...

Same with the optional media update on the 360.

Yea that's true.
#255StarmanAnthony(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 5:09:03 AM
Alright thanks. One more day till I get verizon fios... I am like a little kid waiting for this internet to be installed...
---
Instagram: tonylainez2
#256saleamaPosted 7/11/2014 5:39:26 AM
StarmanAnthony posted...
You people are using the wrong comparisons... First it was buying a car that requires gas, then it's a cellphone that requires a data plan... These are all so bad. They always required that type of stuff.

Consoles didn't require an internet connection. For many generations. So those comparisons are wrong and are irrelevant.

Now xbox comes here and it requires an internet connection to even play a movie or play the game you bought at the store.

WHY? Why can't I use the system right out of the box? I even bought the kinect less one. I would think now they would start including the update OR a disc of some sort.

Why? Where have you been the past year? Ok. Since I have not seen it yet because I am only on page 18 I will explain. When first announced, the Xbone REQUIRED a constant online connection. People cried about it. MS tasted your tears and responded by removing all the evil requirments. Since they were deep into the developement of the console, it was far too late for a hardware fix. So they needed a day one patch to remove all the stuff the butthurt masses wanted gone. This was a HUGE change so the system no longer has the functions it was first intended to have. You know, all those things that do not work any more without the update. So...to get the changes in place and make the thing work a day one install, which requires the internet, is required. This literally has been all anyone has been talking about since a month after E3 last year! It is the fastest fix they could have used to get the xbone to market when they did. if they had to change the hardware the thing still would not be on store shelves.
#257blunderminePosted 7/11/2014 6:01:10 AM
You should return it and say F*** off MS
#258suicide machinePosted 7/11/2014 6:55:00 AM
reading though all of this whole thread shows why there's so much wrong with these newer generations of kids/ young adults... and it's coming from both sides of this "discussion".

the older folks reading this thread probably see what I'm seeing...
---
Visit M Slender's Wide World of Gorts! Geeks and Sports Fans, unite!: http://m-slender.tumblr.com
GT: M Slender | Xb1 vids: http://www.youtube.com/soulcoffin
#259saleamaPosted 7/11/2014 7:38:51 AM
Homie_202 posted...
hsu_reddie09 posted...
No, it's unbelievable that people would post this stuff. It's been known since day one this is the case.

Not everybody sits on the internet reading everything about video games to hit the press. It's easy to not know this if you are just a casual player. I worked at GameStop when the console launched 80% of the people didn't even know it originally required an internet connection or that when they changed that you still needed internet to get the update. I had to tell them before they bought it.

Except TC SAID HE KNEW IT REQUIRED an internet connection for a day one patch. He just didn't know it required it to operate... What the hell do you people think REQUIRED means?
#260avanentPosted 7/11/2014 9:10:59 PM(edited)
saleama posted...
StarmanAnthony posted...
You people are using the wrong comparisons... First it was buying a car that requires gas, then it's a cellphone that requires a data plan... These are all so bad. They always required that type of stuff.

Consoles didn't require an internet connection. For many generations. So those comparisons are wrong and are irrelevant.

Now xbox comes here and it requires an internet connection to even play a movie or play the game you bought at the store.

WHY? Why can't I use the system right out of the box? I even bought the kinect less one. I would think now they would start including the update OR a disc of some sort.

Why? Where have you been the past year? Ok. Since I have not seen it yet because I am only on page 18 I will explain. When first announced, the Xbone REQUIRED a constant online connection. People cried about it. MS tasted your tears and responded by removing all the evil requirments. Since they were deep into the developement of the console, it was far too late for a hardware fix. So they needed a day one patch to remove all the stuff the butthurt masses wanted gone. This was a HUGE change so the system no longer has the functions it was first intended to have. You know, all those things that do not work any more without the update. So...to get the changes in place and make the thing work a day one install, which requires the internet, is required. This literally has been all anyone has been talking about since a month after E3 last year! It is the fastest fix they could have used to get the xbone to market when they did. if they had to change the hardware the thing still would not be on store shelves.

It made sense then, it doesn't now. The xbox ones are already imaged with software before they are shipped, all the models made after the first run should of been produced with an updated image that already had the day 1 patch built in.