Just got xbox one.. Its literally a paperweight... No internet renders it useles

#31dnmtPosted 7/10/2014 5:06:06 AM
Should've gotten.. um, well, literally any other console, TC.
#32TheGam3925Posted 7/10/2014 5:12:39 AM
Rdeal2 posted...
You have internet to post this message so you have access even if it's just your phone you can make it a hotspot and you would have to be living under a rock or bridge to not know that the X1 needed a day one update

Making your phone a hotspot isn't free you know, it's an extra service you need to pay for. Also, depending on the speed of the service it may not even be worth it if the speed is too slow and if his carrier doesn't offer unlimited data and he goes over he will be charged another fee.

It isn't as simple as "just turn your phone into a hotspot" lol.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#33StarmanAnthony(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2014 5:17:01 AM
I'm actually paying $20.00 to use a xfinity hotspot to use my ipad online for a week until my internet is installed.
---
Instagram: tonylainez2
#34Rdeal2Posted 7/10/2014 5:25:00 AM
TheGam3925 posted...
Rdeal2 posted...
You have internet to post this message so you have access even if it's just your phone you can make it a hotspot and you would have to be living under a rock or bridge to not know that the X1 needed a day one update

Making your phone a hotspot isn't free you know, it's an extra service you need to pay for. Also, depending on the speed of the service it may not even be worth it if the speed is too slow and if his carrier doesn't offer unlimited data and he goes over he will be charged another fee.

It isn't as simple as "just turn your phone into a hotspot" lol.

It is for me and every single person i know, if you have a phone contract that requires you to pay to make it a hotspot you are with the wrong provider
#35SnickleseedPosted 7/10/2014 5:33:29 AM
PraiseNatalia posted...
You'd think by now the patch would be implemented already in all new Xbones. Shocking.

THIS. I'm genuinely surprised that they're still shipping unpatched consoles. nearly 8 months after launch
---
not changing this sig until "being an idiot" is a moderation reason
#36axelfooley2k5Posted 7/10/2014 5:41:22 AM
i love how people attack tc

i think it is a situation that shouldnt exist ......at all
thing should have the update on the machine so people without internet can use it

it is a major flaw
good thing i have internet.....i would just return it if i didnt have a way to get that patch on there
although ...tc is posting on gamefaqs.....so he is on the interwebs
#37PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 7/10/2014 5:46:13 AM
It's the same thing with the PS4. Couldn't watch anything without the update. I didn't know that until I moved and couldn't hook up my Internet for a week. Had no cable either. Current gen's different than it used to be.
---
http://www.youtube.com/greeneagemedia
Check me out!
#38chubbychaserPosted 7/10/2014 5:56:53 AM
StarmanAnthony posted...
Just got xbox one.. Its literally a paperweight... No internet renders it useless. we just moved to a new house and becuz of complications getting the internet service provider to come install it properly.. We have been without Internet for over a month.

Come to find out I can't even get past the welcome screen... Without it requiring to connect online..

It just baffles me why would xbox do this? I can't even play blurays... Becuz it requires internet.. Wtf?

Xbone need the internet because they need to 180 on many things they originaly plan with xbone. Its pretty hillarious stuffs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTI3oIKLiNo

-
---
aaaHAA!! X800 XT PE
#39ScRuiPosted 7/10/2014 6:01:48 AM
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
It's the same thing with the PS4. Couldn't watch anything without the update. I didn't know that until I moved and couldn't hook up my Internet for a week. Had no cable either. Current gen's different than it used to be.

No, no... You can't say stuff like that on the Xbox ONE board... The only console that needs the internet for a day one update/patch is the 'evil', 'horrible' MSs Xbox ONE...
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>
#40regs8376Posted 7/10/2014 6:04:00 AM
PS4 doesnt need a day one update to play games or get into the actual UI. It is a bit different.