Metro remaster set is 1080p/60fps on PS4, 900p/60fps on Xbox One

#141Darkshadow6400Posted 7/13/2014 1:12:25 AM
BushidoEffect3 posted...
Darkshadow6400 posted...
uses "older"

I mean an older implementation. sorry for not putting that there the first time. PS4s setup is longer lasting for developers yes. GDDR5 is better for graphics and gaming. DDR3 is still good for PCs since it's a multipurpose machine.

All good, just wanted to clarify. But I think the reason that Microsoft went with DDR3 as opposed to using GDDR5 like in the PS4, was not to cut corners, but because the OS and apps run better with DDR3, while GDDR5 is more for gaming and not for supporting a large OS with multiple apps running.
---
There are things worth fighting for. And then there is optional DLC in a video game...
#142quincy2000aPosted 7/13/2014 6:56:18 AM
Sin_Angelus_ posted...
There's already enough posts on this board that just waste people's time with biased nonsense, from both sides. Let's drop the little stuff and move on to something else.

Impasse noted. Agree to disagree.

And I'll stop posting about resolution/fps/graphics when Forbes, IGN, Eurogamer...and Microsoft execs trying to reassure his customers do.

Until then, those discussions are fair game. If those discussions go on too long for some people's taste, there are other threads they can read or create their own. But certainly posting within those threads would not be the way to shorten them.
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
#143Delta_F14Posted 7/13/2014 7:27:12 AM
lol @ consoles
---
Vault Dweller > All other Video game characters
#144Madness2012Posted 7/13/2014 9:30:12 AM(edited)
I own both the ONE and the PS4,I buy my multiplats on XBOX ONE,why? Because I enjoy them better,plain and simple,and if you ask me I can't tell the difference.I own 2 games for the PS4 Infamous and Killzone,wow when I play those two on the PS4 it sounds like my PS4 is a jet engine after 15 minutes.The ONE is so quiet I can barley hear it,that might not be a major factor for most
people on which console to buy,but for me....it is......
#145godplaysSNESPosted 7/13/2014 8:47:53 AM
BushidoEffect3 posted...
Darkshadow6400 posted...
uses "older"

I mean an older implementation. sorry for not putting that there the first time. PS4s setup is longer lasting for developers yes. GDDR5 is better for graphics and gaming. DDR3 is still good for PCs since it's a multipurpose machine.

PCs use DDR3 for system RAM, and the GPU has its own VRAM (which on any modern gaming card is at least 1GB GDDR5).
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#146GuiltySoul2005Posted 7/13/2014 9:29:07 AM
Sin_Angelus_ posted...
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
multiplats will ALWAYS, ALWAYS better on ps4. xbone hardware is inferior compare to ps4. no contest.

why does Wolfenstein look totally identical on both consoles?

He then tells you the differences and you cry that they are minor. What is wrong with you?

I think the better question is what's wrong with your brain. First of all, that second quote isn't from me (since you seem to be implying that it was), and I never said they were totally identical. I said it was silly to nitpick over minor differences when the article said they were basically identical except for a minor occurrence or 2 that they couldn't even replicate. Next time, make sure you know what you're talking about before giving me middle-school-girl-attitude there.

No, the question remains what is wrong with you. I know that quote isn't yours, no where to do claim it is. I'm commenting on the string of comments, a discussion, the same one that you replied to. Ps4 multiplats are always superior, whether the difference is huge or not the difference is there. Whether its silly to nit pick or not was not the discussion.

Here, since you seem to lack the intelligence to even follow a discussion I'll copy and paste this very plainly for you.

multiplats will ALWAYS, ALWAYS better on ps4. xbone hardware is inferior compare to ps4. no contest.

why does Wolfenstein look totally identical on both consoles?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-wolfenstein-the-new-order-face-offdigitalfoundry-2014-wolfenstein-the-new-order-face-off

Did you post that article to confirm he was correct?(this is you)

"why does Wolfenstein look totally identical on both consoles?"

"the PS4 and Xbox One versions of Wolfenstein provide an almost identical gameplay"( this is where you got rekt)

Please tell me you're not wasting everyone's time here to point out "minor" differences. Then again, that does sum up this board pretty well. (This is where you rekt yourself)

GG, thanks for playing.
---
PSN: Bigboss-x
#147carljenkPosted 7/13/2014 9:34:09 AM
Typical from a terrible console made by a terrible company.
#148BeefEasterPosted 7/13/2014 9:40:34 AM
I wish ms would have just went with more powerful hardware and made a true gaming console instead of a media player

the worst part is they even tried to convince people that this is what they wanted
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
#149BushidoEffect3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2014 3:28:56 PM
BeefEaster posted...
I wish ms would have just went with more powerful hardware and made a true gaming console instead of a media player

the worst part is they even tried to convince people that this is what they wanted

Agree. Initial marketing and management was not good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D0_Cj1xxDo
---
http://i.imgur.com/exzrVRj.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/35CqqSt.gif
http://youtu.be/lyOHNjZ-2qM
#150Sin_Angelus_Posted 7/14/2014 12:59:29 AM
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
No, the question remains what is wrong with you.

Ouch, nice comeback there. There's that stunning display of intellect again.

GuiltySoul2005 posted...
Ps4 multiplats are always superior, whether the difference is huge or not the difference is there.

Yes very good Einstein, multi-plats have been slightly superior so far. Now let's move on to what the discussion was actually about.

GuiltySoul2005 posted...
Whether its silly to nit pick or not was not the discussion.

Yes it was, because I made it the discussion.

GuiltySoul2005 posted...
Here, since you seem to lack the intelligence to even follow a discussion I'll copy and paste this very plainly for you.

Nah, you just suck at arguing. You can copy & paste and write "rekt" after quotes all you want, you'll still be wrong. I'll say it again for those of you who are a bit slow on the uptake- the difference between "totally identical" (which was clearly hyperbole in the first place) and "almost identical, save for an instance or 2 that we couldn't replicate" is so minor it's not worth mentioning, and certainly isn't worth harping about for multiple posts. That is, unless your intellect is so low that you take console wars personally, to the point that even a miniscule difference is enough for you to throw a hissy-fit over just so you can prove some kind of idiotic, false-sense of superiority. No amount of "GG"s is going to hide that fact friend, so do everyone a favor and stop embarrassing yourself. It's awkward for all of us.