Metro remaster set is 1080p/60fps on PS4, 900p/60fps on Xbox One

#161KhelThuzadPosted 7/15/2014 4:45:59 AM
Darkshadow6400 posted...
quincy2000a posted...
Darkshadow6400 posted...
quincy2000a posted...
bgwilly255 posted...

Oh look, a kid that doesn't own a Xbox One and doesn't care to own one is coming on the Xbox One board to get attention from Xbox One users. Well here you go.. You may have my brief attention so that you'll drop one less tear as you cry yourself to sleep tonight while snuggled up to your PS4.

Sometimes I wish that story you just made up is true--but, unfortunately, I'm one of the Day One chumps.

I got the Xbox day one, I definitely don't feel like a chump.

Sorry, I guess I could have been clearer.

I acknowledge that some Day One purchasers got exactly what they wanted and feel they got their money's worth.

But there are some of us Day Oners who feel we were royally screwed.

Just out of curiosity, why do you feel you got screwed?

- paying more for a technologically inferior console compared to the PS4.
- paying for a mandatory peripheral that was later removed.
- paying more for a console that just got a price cut.

Take your pick.
---
Trolling? Better get the facts right or get owned.
#162Darkshadow6400Posted 7/15/2014 6:00:28 AM
- The technology inside the Xbox One was known to be inferior before launch, so you can only blame yourself for knowingly purchasing an inferior console.
- I'll give you this one because I know some people were annoyed they had to pay for kinect when they weren't going to use it. But it is actually pretty useful and and helps with navigating the OS and multitasking.
- Price cuts are pretty common in all areas of retail, you can't expect something to stay the same price, especially 6 months after launch. Plus, it was pretty obvious that they'd release bundles and retailers would have sales, especially after the holiday period and they have to move excess stock.

All this is just my opinion though, so take it how you will.
---
There are things worth fighting for. And then there is optional DLC in a video game...
#163quincy2000aPosted 7/15/2014 6:26:31 AM
Darkshadow6400 posted...
- The technology inside the Xbox One was known to be inferior before launch, so you can only blame yourself for knowingly purchasing an inferior console.- I'll give you this one because I know some people were annoyed they had to pay for kinect when they weren't going to use it. But it is actually pretty useful and and helps with navigating the OS and multitasking.- Price cuts are pretty common in all areas of retail, you can't expect something to stay the same price, especially 6 months after launch. Plus, it was pretty obvious that they'd release bundles and retailers would have sales, especially after the holiday period and they have to move excess stock.

Off topic, wasn't gonna go here...

" I'll give you this one because I know some people were annoyed they had to pay for kinect when they weren't going to use it. But it is actually pretty useful and and helps with navigating the OS and multitasking.- "

My sig basically says that--and that's my issue. Never wanted it (as it is), still never even hooked mine up.

Though I acknowledge some might find it useful, I do not.

What I still find hilarious, but stings when I think of it, some GF posters who could not possibly have known for sure that the Kinect was going to be pulled said it early on, at the same time Microsoft was saying the two would never be separated and that the Kinect was an integral part of the X1.

I always try to use links to official sources when I post because they're... well, official. So, as some of my GF brethren called me stupid for believing Microsoft would not separate the two, I went back to the numerous official press releases and articles from Microsoft and presented them here.

Well, I see how that turned out for me...GF posters more reliable than Microsoft executives.

Lesson learned.
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
#164BushidoEffect3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 8:11:15 AM
quincy2000a posted...

Major nelson's own forum post on the official xbox boards. He seemed extremely confident at the time.

http://i.imgur.com/Uagd3JG.png
---
http://i.imgur.com/exzrVRj.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/35CqqSt.gif
http://youtu.be/lyOHNjZ-2qM
#165BaronVladzPosted 7/15/2014 8:21:27 AM
BushidoEffect3 posted...
quincy2000a posted...

Major nelson's own forum post on the official xbox boards. He seemed extremely confident at the time.

Major Nelson is a PR persona with no actual say in the business side nor knowledge of development process
#166dnmtPosted 7/15/2014 8:24:29 AM
BaronVladz posted...
BushidoEffect3 posted...
quincy2000a posted...

Major Nelson is a PR persona with no actual say in the business side nor knowledge of development process

And yet he's the official face of Xbox. A lot of people believe in him for whatever distorted reason.
#167IcedXplozivePosted 7/15/2014 8:32:11 AM
quincy2000a posted...
Darkshadow6400 posted...
- The technology inside the Xbox One was known to be inferior before launch, so you can only blame yourself for knowingly purchasing an inferior console.- I'll give you this one because I know some people were annoyed they had to pay for kinect when they weren't going to use it. But it is actually pretty useful and and helps with navigating the OS and multitasking.- Price cuts are pretty common in all areas of retail, you can't expect something to stay the same price, especially 6 months after launch. Plus, it was pretty obvious that they'd release bundles and retailers would have sales, especially after the holiday period and they have to move excess stock.

" I'll give you this one because I know some people were annoyed they had to pay for kinect when they weren't going to use it. But it is actually pretty useful and and helps with navigating the OS and multitasking.- "

My sig basically says that--and that's my issue. Never wanted it (as it is), still never even hooked mine up.

What I still find hilarious, but stings when I think of it, some GF posters who could not possibly have known for sure that the Kinect was going to be pulled said it early on, at the same time Microsoft was saying the two would never be separated and that the Kinect was an integral part of the X1.

I always try to use links to official sources when I post because they're... well, official. So, as some of my GF brethren called me stupid for believing Microsoft would not separate the two, I went back to the numerous official press releases and articles from Microsoft and presented them here.

Well, I see how that turned out for me...GF posters more reliable than Microsoft executives.

Lesson learned.

So tell me...why did you buy the console (at launch time)if you wanted nothing to do with kinect..
#168quincy2000aPosted 7/15/2014 8:37:06 AM
BaronVladz posted...
BushidoEffect3 posted...
quincy2000a posted...

...then how about this guy...?

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/08/microsoft-says-they-wont-sell-xbox-one-without-kinect/
---
#169quincy2000aPosted 7/15/2014 8:41:30 AM
IcedXplozive posted...
quincy2000a posted...
Darkshadow6400 posted...

Lesson learned.

So tell me...why did you buy the console (at launch time)if you wanted nothing to do with kinect..

Because I've owned all the Xboxes...and assumed Microsoft was going to continue making the best (my opinion) console as they had done previously.
---
#170IcedXplozivePosted 7/15/2014 8:51:00 AM
quincy2000a posted...
IcedXplozive posted...
quincy2000a posted...
Darkshadow6400 posted...

Lesson learned.

Because I've owned all the Xboxes...and assumed Microsoft was going to continue making the best (my opinion) console as they had done previously.

So when microsoft said the kinect will always be sold with the x1 what made you buy the x1 if you didnt like it..i see youre saying they make the best consoles...

so why are you complaining about it now. So what...you dont like the kinect, microsoft changed their vision. Would you like your money back?

If you were against the mandatory kinect in the first place, why didnt that stop you from buying the x1?