Japanese Consumers Find Kinect Very Attractive

#1Exodus_PrimePosted 7/10/2014 8:47:18 AM
Seems like Microsoft has some "surprises" for TGS, whatever that means.

http://xboxonedaily.com/2014/07/microsoft-promises-surprises-coming-to-tgs/

Izumi stated that the console’s preorder numbers are within expectations, and that the Day One Edition is drastically outperforming the Kinect-less SKU

As far as the Tokyo Game Show is concerned, Microsoft has announced that it will be focusing on the new titles announced at E3 and the console’s extensive holiday line-up. On top of the announced software lineup, Izumi suggested that fans be exited for a few surprises that will be happing at the show – a statement that Spencer has been echoing since March.

I hope whatever games they release in Japan also come out in the U.S

---
---
"Trolls are the dudebros of Gamefaqs. They just don't realize it." - curtland
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#2EnclavePosted 7/10/2014 8:51:59 AM
Why would you want the visual novel games they will probably reveal?
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#3YOLOSWAGBROPosted 7/10/2014 8:53:21 AM
Xbox One set to take Japan confirmed.
---
Squat: 295, Bench: 255, Deadlift: 370
#4ghostemp77Posted 7/10/2014 8:59:17 AM
Japan embraces whatever isn't popular in the West.
---
XBL/PSN: DragonGhost2461 3DS FC: 2380 - 2356 - 0444
http://i.imgur.com/dovxshz.gif http://i.imgur.com/akOmHDE.png
#5OmegaTavoPosted 7/10/2014 9:13:23 AM
An xbox site, mmmmmmm, they can't be lying, right?
---
A proud contributor of the videogame industry since 1987
#6Bellum_SacrumPosted 7/10/2014 9:19:05 AM
Let's let the sales instead of the lying representatives speak now.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#7SoulTrapperPosted 7/10/2014 9:24:36 AM
I'm quite curious to see how the xbox one will do in Japan.

The WiiU and the PS4 didn't do very good over there, so I'm wondering whether it's because Japan is more interested in hand held gaming and have turned away from consoles; or if it's because they simply weren't interested in those two consoles.
#8kennyynnooPosted 7/10/2014 9:37:06 AM
SoulTrapper posted...

The WiiU and the PS4 didn't do very good over there, so I'm wondering whether it's because Japan is more interested in hand held gaming and have turned away from consoles; or if it's because they simply weren't interested in those two consoles.

Economy is brutal there, not to many can afford these consoles. I recall working with an assembly line worker who built engines for 12 years with Mazda and he couldn't afford a ps3 and that was back when they were a few years old and the economy was a little better. I made more then him and I was just hired, dude fell in love with wendys(gross) burgers while he was here for 6 months.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#9SoulTrapperPosted 7/10/2014 11:07:58 AM
kennyynnoo posted...
SoulTrapper posted...

Economy is brutal there, not to many can afford these consoles. I recall working with an assembly line worker who built engines for 12 years with Mazda and he couldn't afford a ps3 and that was back when they were a few years old and the economy was a little better. I made more then him and I was just hired, dude fell in love with wendys(gross) burgers while he was here for 6 months.

I forgot to account for the economy.

That would explain why they go for cheaper systems with cheaper games.

It would be quite a feat if the more expensive xbox one outsells the ps4 and WiiU, taking that into the equation on top of the poor history the Microsoft consoles have over there.