Thinking of picking an Xbone soon, have questions

#1neogeoftwPosted 7/10/2014 2:44:12 PM
Last gen I had a ps3, 360, and wii. I played mostly on the 360 and wii and picked up a ps3 when God of War 3 came out.

Anywho, I currently have a wii u, which I have been having a blast with, but am now looking at picking up either a PS 4 or Xbone. I will eventually own both but i'm leaning towards the xbone in the next month or so but have some questions I am hoping I can get answered.

I noticed the xbone has an hdmi in and out. Do I have to have my satellite box plugged into the xbone? What is the line in for?

Does it have mandatory installs? If they do, how much space do they usually take up?

I know MS said they will support external storage, has that gone live yet?

Has games with gold changed? I heard they were moving to not owning the games if your subscription runs out like PS+.

Huge fan of Killer Instinct, but am confused with the current state of the game. I keep hearing "seasons" thrown around. So did they release a full game or are they releasing the game piecemeal?

How long does the controller last in terms of battery life?

Is the cooling system better compared to the first gen version of the 360? Had two RROD's and would not like to repeat that.

Thanks!
#2idrc82Posted 7/10/2014 2:50:26 PM
neogeoftw posted...
Last gen I had a ps3, 360, and wii. I played mostly on the 360 and wii and picked up a ps3 when God of War 3 came out.

Anywho, I currently have a wii u, which I have been having a blast with, but am now looking at picking up either a PS 4 or Xbone. I will eventually own both but i'm leaning towards the xbone in the next month or so but have some questions I am hoping I can get answered.

I noticed the xbone has an hdmi in and out. Do I have to have my satellite box plugged into the xbone? What is the line in for?

Does it have mandatory installs? If they do, how much space do they usually take up?

Has games with gold changed? I heard they were moving to not owning the games if your subscription runs out like PS+.

Huge fan of Killer Instinct, but am confused with the current state of the game. I keep hearing "seasons" thrown around. So did they release a full game or are they releasing the game piecemeal?

Is the cooling system better compared to the first gen version of the 360? Had two RROD's and would not like to repeat that.

Thanks!

- You dont have to have your box plugged into the xbone but it is so youu can also watch tv on it if you choose too.

-Both ps4 and xbone have mandatory installs but ps4 is usually faster in installing.

-Yes external storage is supported, 3.0 usb must be more than 250gb i believe

-Im a little new to xbone so i dont know much about games with gold.

- Killer instinct season 1 is whats currently out and is a full game, i suppose in a sense you can say ki s 1 is like KI 1 and season 2 when its complete can kinda be like a sequel? I dont know im sure someone else can better explain this. But it is an awesome game, i was a fan of the orginal back in the day too.

-i use the ms plug and play charger and it appears to last around 30 hours more or less for me.
---
3ds fc: 4055-3970-3371
PsN: xGambloRx Wii u: Ouroboros-wrath XBONE: T BOMBASTUS
#3phineasfoolPosted 7/10/2014 2:52:29 PM
neogeoftw posted...

Thanks!

You don't have to plug your satellite box in, but you can for added functionality if you want.

There are mandatory installs. It varies in size and can be upwards of 50GB.

It does support external hard drives now.

Games with gold on the Xbox One does work like PS+ now.

Killer Instinct started with a few characters and they have been releasing more. There are currently 8 characters with season 2 to start this fall with more characters.

I usually get about 20 hours give or take out of my controller.

The cooling system is much better. The air is currently broken in my house, so the temp gets upwards of 100 in the house and I haven't had any issues with over heating even leaving it on all day
---
XBLive - phineasfool
NNID - phineasfool
#4neogeoftw(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2014 2:55:10 PM
Awesome. Thanks for the responses.

I have two more questions that popped up.

Does it have stream capability via twitch or some kind of gameplay dvr type function with an ability to share?

Whenever there is a system update, is it like the 360 where the update downloads and it is already applied upon reboot or is it like the ps3 where you have to download an update and then wait again for an installation?
#5phineasfoolPosted 7/10/2014 3:04:25 PM
It does have the ability to stream with twitch.

For updates you can set it to automatically update. I have it this way and it just updates during the middle of the night and I never have to notice it.
---
XBLive - phineasfool
NNID - phineasfool