After the disaster that was Titanfall, look for Sunset Overdrive to be the

#21carljenkPosted 7/10/2014 8:15:01 PM
Titanfall is probably the worst game I've ever played
#22Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 7/10/2014 8:22:56 PM
Titanfall is definitely a fun game. but i don't think it warrants a $60 price tag. for the very little amount of MP variety considering it is only a MP game.
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#23Foxx3kPosted 7/10/2014 8:26:42 PM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
Titanfall is definitely a fun game. but i don't think it warrants a $60 price tag. for the very little amount of MP variety considering it is only a MP game.

Why do you think it's unreasonable an MP only game costs $60?
Do you think it's unreasonable an SP only game costs $60?
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#24Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 7/10/2014 8:38:13 PM
Foxx3k posted...

why are you so keen on defending this game?

it's unreasonable since other FPS have campaigns that last 5-8 hours and MP with more game modes that can have different team sizes for $60.

so yeah.... it's unreasonable... again im not saying it isn't a great game it just doesn't have a large amount of content. and there are single player games that come out not at $60 i.e. Murdered Souls suspect which was $50
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#25killtacular30Posted 7/10/2014 8:39:41 PM
Being Titan Fall had no single player campaign, just the multiplayer part seems like people wonder how come they didn't do more with game? Like adding more modes and other things being they should have had the time to do so without the game having a campaign... The other shooters out there could do a single player campaign plus a good multiplayer...

As far as Sunset Overdrive goes am not sold on yet, I watched a gameplay video of it and the game reminds me of a couple of games all rolled into one, mostly Saints Row for being crazy over the top kinda game... I just feel the game is going be fun for a few hours then it going wear off and just be same old same old kinda of thing... Am not sure but I thought I read somewhere there's no co-op which I think it would have been better to have had that options...
#26Foxx3kPosted 7/10/2014 8:41:34 PM
Foxx3k posted...

it's unreasonable since other FPS have campaigns that last 5-8 hours and MP with more game modes that can have different team sizes for $60.

so yeah.... it's unreasonable... again im not saying it isn't a great game it just doesn't have a large amount of content. and there are single player games that come out not at $60 i.e. Murdered Souls suspect which was $50

I'm keen on defending the 'right' for a video game to be whatever it wants it to be. I openly reject the notion that it must fit into certain buckets of 'gamers' think it must contain.

A game does not require SP.
A game does not require MP.
A game does not require co-op.

I do not think it's unreasonable for Titanfall to contain only MP. I do not think that because Assassins Creed with a team of 1000 employees has SP and MP that Titanfall with a team of 50 must have SP and MP. I do not think that AC having a team of 1000 means they can charge $60 while Titanfall cannot.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#27pnut3844Posted 7/10/2014 8:43:06 PM
I agree, no SP was the downfall of titanfall. Their stats that only 20% finish SP? I don't believe it for a second. Almost all my online and real life friends love a good SP, and titanfall had the potential to have a great campaign. Imo, MP is nowhere near a good quality SP, you can't do it bc there are scripted moments. Anyone who says SP is no big deal better not own any elder scrolls or fallout. Hell any SP game in general.
#28Foxx3kPosted 7/10/2014 8:45:03 PM
pnut3844 posted...
I agree, no SP was the downfall of titanfall. Their stats that only 20% finish SP? I don't believe it for a second. Almost all my online and real life friends love a good SP, and titanfall had the potential to have a great campaign. Imo, MP is nowhere near a good quality SP, you can't do it bc there are scripted moments. Anyone who says SP is no big deal better not own any elder scrolls or fallout. Hell any SP game in general.

Almost all my online friends and real life friends barely touch SP in COD or BF.
---
#29ejay8320Posted 7/10/2014 8:45:16 PM
Foxx3k posted...
Foxx3k posted...

I'm keen on defending the 'right' for a video game to be whatever it wants it to be. I openly reject the notion that it must fit into certain buckets of 'gamers' think it must contain.

A game does not require SP.
A game does not require MP.
A game does not require co-op.

I do not think it's unreasonable for Titanfall to contain only MP. I do not think that because Assassins Creed with a team of 1000 employees has SP and MP that Titanfall with a team of 50 must have SP and MP. I do not think that AC having a team of 1000 means they can charge $60 while Titanfall cannot.

Your missing the point I'll make it simple for you:

Since there was no single player why was the multiplayer modes/content so little. They didn't use any resources to do a single player campaign - where did that time and money go?

No Single Player and Low Content Multiplayer is the Issue with Titanfall not the game play.
#30Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 7/10/2014 8:46:00 PM
yeah that 20% seems far fetched. In between games I'd sometimes just look at the profiles of other players and compare games. 90% of people i came across almost had 100%'d all the achievements for the campaign. very few didn't have the achievements.
---