After the disaster that was Titanfall, look for Sunset Overdrive to be the

#41pnut3844Posted 7/10/2014 10:11:32 PM
TBONE_OG posted...
pnut3844 posted...
Didn't realize that was you tbone. You said you come from nes era and you consider it the best? Out of all the fps over the years? Different strokes I guess

Ha no worries. Titanfall is seriously the most fun I've had playing a shooter. I say this as a big counterstrike and halo fan.

I'm talking fun factor here, of course. I've played Titanfall for over 5 days, over 1000 games played. I'm 31, so that's a lot of time to dump into a game at my age.

Yes it is fun I give it that. As I said it's more of a casual shooter in terms of competitiveness. But I really hate the fact that it has no SP. You're an older gamer like me so you should know the value of a great SP and it had such potential for it.
#42vashkeyPosted 7/10/2014 10:28:20 PM
Titanfall wasn't a disaster and if you think it's the most overhyped game ever then you havent been gaming for very long.

I doubt Sunset Overdrive is going to be a killer app.
#43blitz_0623Posted 7/10/2014 10:30:54 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble TC but SO won't have as big an impact as TF. If you're calling TF a disaster, then SO will be a catastrophe. Then again, TF was not a disaster, and SO will also move consoles, but I don't expect it to outsell TF
---
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add
#44TBONE_OGPosted 7/10/2014 10:42:12 PM
pnut3844 posted...
TBONE_OG posted...
pnut3844 posted...
Didn't realize that was you tbone. You said you come from nes era and you consider it the best? Out of all the fps over the years? Different strokes I guess

Ha no worries. Titanfall is seriously the most fun I've had playing a shooter. I say this as a big counterstrike and halo fan.

I'm talking fun factor here, of course. I've played Titanfall for over 5 days, over 1000 games played. I'm 31, so that's a lot of time to dump into a game at my age.

Yes it is fun I give it that. As I said it's more of a casual shooter in terms of competitiveness. But I really hate the fact that it has no SP. You're an older gamer like me so you should know the value of a great SP and it had such potential for it.

True. A part of me wants to see a sweet ass SP from Titanfall. But then I remind myself... That's not what Respawn set out to do. They wanted to make one of the best multiplayer shooter experiences. And that's what Titanfall is... For me.

I personally don't find the game that casual. Not really at all. It's very competitive when I play with friends and against other players. There's a lot of variety, elements, and tactics that go into my gameplay. Love me some Pilot Hunter and LTS.

Not all of the shooters I play need to have an awesome story. I'll leave that up to Halo and my favorite TPS, Gears of War.
---
Always O.G.
#45Reece504Posted 7/10/2014 11:02:34 PM
TBONE_OG posted...
pnut3844 posted...
TBONE_OG posted...
pnut3844 posted...

True. A part of me wants to see a sweet ass SP from Titanfall. But then I remind myself... That's not what Respawn set out to do. They wanted to make one of the best multiplayer shooter experiences. And that's what Titanfall is... For me.

I personally don't find the game that casual. Not really at all. It's very competitive when I play with friends and against other players. There's a lot of variety, elements, and tactics that go into my gameplay. Love me some Pilot Hunter and LTS.

Not all of the shooters I play need to have an awesome story. I'll leave that up to Halo and my favorite TPS, Gears of War.

I have no idea where this casual thing is coming from lol this game has more strategy then cod has ever had only game with as much strategy is pvz n maybe bf4. Maybe the people that say it's casual don't realize they are killing AI more than pilots.
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez Wii-U:KnickyKnucklez
#46Homie_202Posted 7/10/2014 11:09:27 PM
I hope sunset overdrive is really good but I have my doubts I will still more then likely be getting it.
#47pnut3844Posted 7/11/2014 9:11:20 AM
Reece504 posted...
TBONE_OG posted...
pnut3844 posted...
TBONE_OG posted...
pnut3844 posted...

I have no idea where this casual thing is coming from lol this game has more strategy then cod has ever had only game with as much strategy is pvz n maybe bf4. Maybe the people that say it's casual don't realize they are killing AI more than pilots.

Well I'm not a big cod player, other than cod4 and BOseries. Everything else is a camp fest. But I will always compare any shooter to halo to see if it will stand up so maybe I'm subconsciously thinking that it's casual compared to halo. Not newer halo, I'm talking original trilogy.
#48EllesarienPosted 7/11/2014 9:18:03 AM
Odd how everyone whines about "Why are you defending the game?".

Umm....Why are your little panties in a bunch about a single game?....most likely not even on the console you own. Never seem to be able to get an honest answer to that one, probably because they can't face their own dysfunction.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#49TheBorderColliePosted 7/11/2014 9:22:28 AM
Titanfall was a "disaster?" How so, TC?
---
Proud supporter of the PS4 and Xbox #1
# of trolling Inbox messages deleted - without reading them - and users reported / banned: 11 :)
#50TBONE_OGPosted 7/11/2014 9:35:36 AM
pnut3844 posted...
Well I'm not a big cod player, other than cod4 and BOseries. Everything else is a camp fest. But I will always compare any shooter to halo to see if it will stand up so maybe I'm subconsciously thinking that it's casual compared to halo. Not newer halo, I'm talking original trilogy.

Have you played Titanfall, pnut?

And trust me, I've played all the Halos... a lot. Halo was why I bought Xbox, and Halo 2 was why I got Xbox LIVE. Such great experiences. And you're not alone. My friends give me crap for saying Titanfall is my favorite/best shooter... because they are big Halo fans. But I mean it. Every time I play Titanfall, I have the best time. It's like the first time I played Halo 2 online, and a lot like the feeling when I dipped into Gears of War mulitplayer on launch day. Awesome.

As for CoD... I was a big fan. I played CoD 2, 3, MW, and then finally stopped when I played MW2 and saw what this wonderful franchise was becoming. "Camp/trash/same damn thing year after year" fest. Funny enough... MW2 is the last game the real Infinity Ward worked on. And now they are Respawn.
---
Always O.G.