Why is PS4 selling more than XB1?

#1higgsboson1997Posted 7/11/2014 10:11:39 AM
Hey guys, I'm generally a Nintendo gamer now-a-days (though I only had a 360 last gen), so I haven't really been keeping up with the other two consoles much, but, from what I can tell, Sony seems to be demolishing Microsoft here.

I find this a little odd, since, to me, it seems like it was sony who made false promises. From what I can remember, people after last year's E3 had assumed that XB1 was about entertainment whereas Sony focused on the core gamer's wished. However, more than half a year in, to me it seems like XB1 has just as many if not more games than PS4. I don't notice that big of a quality gap as had been claimed at all.

So why has XB1 failed to sell as much? Was the price way too high for people? Or do first impressions of something matter this much?
#2ZeroShot101Posted 7/11/2014 10:15:40 AM
higgsboson1997 posted...
Hey guys, I'm generally a Nintendo gamer now-a-days (though I only had a 360 last gen), so I haven't really been keeping up with the other two consoles much, but, from what I can tell, Sony seems to be demolishing Microsoft here.

delete this topic please you're baiting the trolls and fanboys
I find this a little odd, since, to me, it seems like it was sony who made false promises. From what I can remember, people after last year's E3 had assumed that XB1 was about entertainment whereas Sony focused on the core gamer's wished. However, more than half a year in, to me it seems like XB1 has just as many if not more games than PS4. I don't notice that big of a quality gap as had been claimed at all.

So why has XB1 failed to sell as much? Was the price way too high for people? Or do first impressions of something matter this much?

delete this topic please. you're baiting the trolls and fanboys
#3Shura_SurplicePosted 7/11/2014 10:18:11 AM(edited)
higgsboson1997 posted...

Because the PS4 is a superior console, costs less and because MS exclusives (the ones available atm) are mediocre at best.
#4SculptorOvFleshPosted 7/11/2014 10:19:25 AM
Shura_Surplice posted...
higgsboson1997 posted...

Because the PS4 is a superior console, costs less and because MS exclusives (the ones available atm) are mediocre at best.

Superior console. Hah. Enjoy 1080p indies. When's your next big exclusive? o right.
#5AzaneAzerPosted 7/11/2014 10:20:11 AM
The PS4 is factually a stronger system, and was 20% cheaper for the first year.

Subjectively

Xbox one tried to give us Games For Windows Live, the Console, and it upset a lot of 360 owners into going to other mediums, PC, Nintendo or PS4, The Xbox One has done nothing but repeal policies (Kinect Mandatory, DRM DRM DRM, Kinect Bundled, always oneline), while it would of been a fine console had it just not tried to enslave it's userbase.
#6ZeroShot101Posted 7/11/2014 10:20:40 AM
SculptorOvFlesh posted...
Shura_Surplice posted...
higgsboson1997 posted...

Superior console. Hah. Enjoy 1080p indies. When's your next big exclusive? o right.

see! TC please delete the topic it's already baiting the fanboys
#7phoenix9291Posted 7/11/2014 10:20:43 AM
PS4 has more powerful hardware, launched cheaper, and many people hold a grudge from the initial Xbox One reveal.
---
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup
#8GuiltySoul2005Posted 7/11/2014 10:22:14 AM
Shura_Surplice posted...
higgsboson1997 posted...

Oohh you so mad...

The better console is selling more than the worse console. You can't explain that.
---
PSN: Bigboss-x
#9SculptorOvFleshPosted 7/11/2014 10:24:21 AM
GuiltySoul2005 posted...
Shura_Surplice posted...
higgsboson1997 posted...

Oohh you so mad...

The better console is selling more than the worse console. You can't explain that.

Let it sell. people are stupid, and when the games come, there isn't anything on Ps4 to play. They will all collect dust or be traded in. that's if Sony can even hold out that long. You know, money troubles and all.
#10AceAndJunpeiPosted 7/11/2014 10:27:13 AM
Because of a Yakuza conspiracy.
---
You're like a puzzle that can't be solved, some pieces never fill the gaps