Why is PS4 selling more than XB1?

#51Gunvalkyrie2Posted 7/11/2014 8:19:29 PM
mokmuud posted...
dnmt posted...
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
Shura_Surplice posted...
higgsboson1997 posted...
Hey guys, I'm generally a Nintendo gamer now-a-days (though I only had a 360 last gen), so I haven't really been keeping up with the other two consoles much, but, from what I can tell, Sony seems to be demolishing Microsoft here.

I find this a little odd, since, to me, it seems like it was sony who made false promises. From what I can remember, people after last year's E3 had assumed that XB1 was about entertainment whereas Sony focused on the core gamer's wished. However, more than half a year in, to me it seems like XB1 has just as many if not more games than PS4. I don't notice that big of a quality gap as had been claimed at all.

So why has XB1 failed to sell as much? Was the price way too high for people? Or do first impressions of something matter this much?

Because the PS4 is a superior console, costs less and because MS exclusives (the ones available atm) are mediocre at best.

Like Knack?

Nice cherry picking.

I like Knack more than Ryse.

You want to state that - like, in front of other people? ooookay
---
You are ignoring 9 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#52mokmuudPosted 7/11/2014 8:24:59 PM
Considering how terrible Ryse is that's not saying much.
---
PSN: Mokmuud XBL: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#53Balzak74Posted 7/11/2014 9:54:01 PM
For me I had the original Xbox and 360
I have played the Xbox exclusive, and now I want to try the PlayStation ones.

For the last two generations I have found the Xbox controllers more comfortable. But I dislike the Ones controller and find the DS4 more comfortable
---
I am not late, I just live in world that's too early
#54stage4saiyanPosted 7/11/2014 10:04:57 PM
Ryse was mediocre. A 5-6/10 game.

Knack was awful. Anything above a 3 is sacrilege.
---
XBL: JudasKiss12 PSN: Lionheart2390 Nintendo ID: JudasKiss
Currently playing: FFXIV, Soul Sacrifice Delta, Monster Hunter 3U, MGS4 (Plat)
#55FleshCanoePosted 7/11/2014 10:12:52 PM
I would say because of the $100 price difference and negative fallout over the used games debacle.
---
"On the whole, human beings want to be good, but not too good, and not quite all the time." - George Orwell
#56EleckzarPosted 7/12/2014 6:59:00 AM
iamdanthaman posted...
One word: Bandwagon

People can't make decisions for themselves, so they devolve into a hive-mind mentality and buy what they think is "popular" for fear of ridicule instead of making their decision based on what they will enjoy more. Same thing happens in politics and sports.

I have been a diehard Seahawks fan my whole life and it makes me sick to see all these bandwagon fans waving 12th man flags all over the place when they know nothing about the team, but at the same time, it's nice to see my favorite team finally get the national attention that they have deserved for some time.

lol not every person who bought a PS4 has devolved into your so called bandwagon. Perhaps they see the potential in a more powerful system. Xbox 360 only had a lifetime lead over the PS3 of 4 million units and the majority will continue to the PS4. Meanwhile the DRM debacle had a lot of former 360 owners concerned about preowned games. People like myself who prefer to buy preowned.
---
Gamertag: Eleckzar
PSN: Eleckzar
#57_RMT_Posted 7/12/2014 7:04:35 AM
well lets see
399 to 499
Bungie jumping ship to ps4
dumb kinect that you were forced to get
games run better on ps4
games like uncharted 4 and bloodborne being exclusive, compared to halo 5... the same company that made halo 4, which died like 2 weeks after release

i had a ps3 wii and 360 plus a vita and ds. i prefer the playstation exclusives tbh

also Sony doesn't basically piss off indie devs
---
http://i.imgur.com/PgSMGg8.jpg
http://psnprofiles.com/TYruler50
#58EleckzarPosted 7/12/2014 7:07:19 AM
_RMT_ posted...
well lets see
399 to 499
Bungie jumping ship to ps4
dumb kinect that you were forced to get
games run better on ps4
games like uncharted 4 and bloodborne being exclusive, compared to halo 5... the same company that made halo 4, which died like 2 weeks after release

i had a ps3 wii and 360 plus a vita and ds. i prefer the playstation exclusives tbh

also Sony doesn't basically piss off indie devs

I wouldn't say Halo 4 died, mainly the kids jumped shipped to CoD, leaving the hardcore players to enjoy the game without all the squawking.
---
Gamertag: Eleckzar
PSN: Eleckzar
#59rusty12000Posted 7/12/2014 7:12:21 AM
M$ really screwed up with there PR. I could see them trailing the rest of the generation.
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#60iiTryhardPosted 7/12/2014 8:09:38 AM
Golden Maven posted...
Simply that the philosophy behind the XBox One didn't click with gamers, core gamers to be exact. The Kinect isn't really a "core gamer" sort of device, and initially the console was promoted as an "all-in-one" type of console in which the games were not the complete focus.

So, as a gamer, you either picked this more expensive console that happens to play games or just get the console that is almost 100% focused on games.

Whoever took charge of the XBox division is trying to put the focus back on games, but of course there is a lot of work to do. That said, the PS4 isn't all peachy. There is a serious lack of content and Sony has been struggling with studios dropping like flies. People chose their console based on impressions and unfortunately, the PS4 is more or less useless right now. The XBox, at least, has a few games to talk about, and Microsoft has been trying to bring something new to the table. So, if anything, the XBox One has a more solid company backing it and has more ideas and technology floating around the hardware.

pretty much spot on. PS4 has nothing good on the horizon for the next 2 years, while xbox has MCC, forza horizon 2, sunset overdrive, etc. all coming relatively soon. I have a PS4 but i'm trading it because if I don't, it will sit unused for the entire year.
---
Yeezus tour was LIFE CHANGING