Your Ultimate Worsts: Listing all of your worst titles into assorted categories

#21boolzeroPosted 7/11/2014 1:14:13 PM(edited)
Mind you, my list is just going for games in recent memory. I could go all the way back to the Atari/Colecovision/C64 era...

WORST GAMEPLAY: Final Fantasy XIII, Resident Evil 6, Sonic The Hedgehog '06

WORST VOICE ACTING: Two Worlds, the first 3 Resident Evils, most Japanese and European developed games that get bargain basement voice actors in general...

WORST STORY: Final Fantasy XIII and Just Cause 2

WORST CONTROL SCHEME: Dead Rising 1, Too Human, Alone in the Dark

WORST CHARACTER DESIGN: Lost Odyssey with the hook head helmets and pretty much most JRPG's in general with the fashionable but impractical

WORST ART IN GENERAL: No clue what exactly you're asking for. Art design? Maybe Kane & Lynch since they never really captured the same unique feel of the "Michael Mann" ultra gritty real world setting they set out to in design like its cousin game series, Hitman...

WORST LEVELS/STAGES: Alone in the Dark (most f the games levels), Dragon Age: Origins (the whole end), Halo 3 (the "butthole" level).

OVERALL WORST GAME, EVER: E.T. The Extraterrestrial, duh!
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#22Sniper_BrosefPosted 7/11/2014 1:17:13 PM
AceMagase posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...
Jesus, come on guys, not everything has to be some kind of Nintendo and Sony malice-fest. Grow the F up.

who you refering to?

Probably the obvious troll Microsoft Lover.
---
We're representatives from your nation's government.
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
#23Sniper_BrosefPosted 7/11/2014 1:18:24 PM
boolzero posted...
WORST GAMEPLAY: Final Fantasy XIII, Resident Evil 6

Whoa whoa whoa... You didn't like the gameplay to Resident Evil 6? I thought that was literally the one redeeming quality as it made for a really fast paced and fun as hell mercenaries mode. What didn't you like about it?
---
We're representatives from your nation's government.
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
#24boolzeroPosted 7/11/2014 1:37:27 PM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
boolzero posted...
WORST GAMEPLAY: Final Fantasy XIII, Resident Evil 6

Whoa whoa whoa... You didn't like the gameplay to Resident Evil 6? I thought that was literally the one redeeming quality as it made for a really fast paced and fun as hell mercenaries mode. What didn't you like about it?

It dumped horror and tension for a guns blazing approach. Honestly, I haven't liked the direction of the RE series in general. It has become less and less about horror survival and more about ammo management. There really isn't any threat or horror to the series anymore. I almost wish they went more in a Clockwork Tower/ Outlast direction where the characters weren't just walking gun caches.

Some of us want an actual horror game and not a third person shooter with monsters in it if you get my drift!
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#252ndAtomiskPosted 7/11/2014 1:54:10 PM
WORST GAMEPLAY: Urban Chaos. No words can express how bad the gameplay was.

WORST VOICE ACTING: Virtua Fighter. Even in Dead or Alive 5 the English speaking VF characters just sound horrible. It's like they still use voice clips from the Sega Saturn days.

WORST STORY: Star Ocean 3. After the infamous plot twist...no. Just no.

WORST CONTROL SCHEME: End of Honor or whatever it was called. That Jet Li game where the right stick did everything. It just didn't make for a fun game imo.

WORST CHARACTER DESIGN: I want to say Dante's Inferno if only because sewing cloth to your chest doesn't sound like the wisest idea for someone who's about to venture into the underworld. I mean is he just so manly that he didn't need torso armor? And a cross of all things. Something demons will want to destroy on site. Not exactly inconspicuous.

But the worst has to be Tingle from Zelda. I...I just don't even...

WORST ART IN GENERAL: Brute Force. Everything from player characters to the environment was unbelievably average.

WORST LEVELS/STAGES: The Half Life 2 sand trap level. That beach...

OVERALL WORST GAME, EVER: Tie between Superrman 64 and E.T.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
http://abload.de/img/zeronailed4xz8o.gif
#26s_dubsPosted 7/14/2014 12:54:27 PM
WORST GAMEPLAY: The Witcher 2. Everything else is good to outstanding, but the combat is awful
WORST VOICE ACTING: FFX.
WORST STORY: Beyond 2 Souls. Not even Juno and Green Goblin managed to save it
WORST CONTROL SCHEME: The Witcher 2. The main reason the combat didn't work. Controller or mouse/keyboard, both ways just feel clunky and bad.
WORST CHARACTER DESIGN: Most JRPGs in general
WORST ART IN GENERAL: Most Modern/Military FPS. AKA Brown Shooter Hallway Simulators
WORST LEVELS/STAGES: See above
OVERALL WORST GAME, EVER: To hard to say, so I'll change it to MOST DISAPPOINTING game ever, which is GTAV.
---
FFXI: Zzir Mithra DNC99, MNK99, DRK99, PLD90, Odin Server RIP 2001-2012
FFXIV: Zzir R'zirgo Miqo'te MNK50 DRG50 BLM and WAR next, Midgardsormr
#27TKJassassinPosted 7/14/2014 3:21:15 PM
WORST GAMEPLAY: The Shield: The Game (PS2)
WORST VOICE ACTING: The Shield: The Game (PS2)
WORST STORY: The Shield: The Game (PS2)
WORST CONTROL SCHEME: The Shield: The Game (PS2)
WORST CHARACTER DESIGN: The Shield: The Game (PS2)
WORST ART IN GENERAL: The Shield: The Game (PS2)
WORST LEVELS/STAGES: The Shield: The Game (PS2)
OVERALL WORST GAME, EVER: The Shield: The Game (PS2)!!!!!!!! SO BAD!!!!!!!
---
AfroThunder Gaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrNc-KqS1rw3JIpMFtxo5NQ
#28gamefaqwatcherPosted 7/14/2014 5:02:39 PM
WORST GAMEPLAY: The Getaway. Far Cry 2 is in there. What a boring game.
WORST VOICE ACTING: I'd give that two those harry potter games not using the proper voice actors. Yeah i know it's expensive but it also breaks immersion.
WORST STORY: I'll agree with that Assassin's Creed hater. I hate those transitions to the modern world. Should of scraped that idea.
WORST CONTROL SCHEME: Resident Evil. Well going back to it.
WORST CHARACTER DESIGN: Vaan from FF12. For what we thought was the main protagonist, he was quite the nobody through-out the story.
WORST ART IN GENERAL: Most Modern/Military FPS. Going with that poster because those games really started to show their age at the end of last gen. Not something which will stand the test of time.
WORST LEVELS/STAGES: Dragon age 2. Asset repetition. I can't think of one worse right now but it was open world....damn.

And then this game.....

Robin_Mask posted...
OVERALL WORST GAME, EVER: Kingdom Hearts II, from a simple story to a very stupid and convoluted one just to make sequels and make it a NEW Final Fantasy by force. The first game is still my favorite, but that's the only one I would consider good.

However i don't agree with them turning it final fantasy as 'final fantasy' games are completely different games as they have no relation to the previous. I guess there's those mini-series. My main hate for it comes from the fact that they screwed us over by releasing a game between the two Kingdom heart main titles which linked the story together. This game was an exclusive on another platform.....great move SE......There's a few gameplay improvements but it's so hard to overlook the business decision with what they did to the story. Also the end sucked.
---
You're the hero Gamefaqs deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
#29aj4x94Posted 7/14/2014 5:20:11 PM
WORST GAMEPLAY: Grant Theft Auto IV.
WORST VOICE ACTING: Resident Evil Revelations
WORST STORY: Resident Evil 6
WORST CONTROL SCHEME: Mass Effect
WORST CHARACTER DESIGN: Vaan from FFXII
WORST ART IN GENERAL: Warhammer
WORST LEVELS/STAGES: Tomb of the Giants(Dark Souls)
OVERALL WORST GAME, EVER: Battlefield 4
---
Playing: Half Life 2, Dark Souls 2, Vampire The Masquerade, System Shock 2, Borderlands 2, Mass Effect 2
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94