MS has challenged you to spot the resolution difference on a TV smaller than 60"

#51AzaneAzerPosted 7/11/2014 6:59:20 PM(edited)
50 some people need to head to their local eye doctor.

27 inch screen can see the difference, if a 60 cant.... oh boy.
#52OreoBoy206Posted 7/11/2014 7:06:16 PM
Crystyn_7B posted...
Muryo posted...
MicrosoftLover posted...
Muryo posted...
Lol, why is MS adressing this? The resident fanboys say that graphics don't matter!

They DON'T matter. But I'm tagging your name so that when the true power of the cloud and Xbox One's EsRam is unlocked I can have a little word with you.

It's been like 9 months and no cloud insight.....btw it was recently reclassified as just more "dedicated servers"

The POWERFUL Dx32 (sp) was recently revealed to not having that much power anyway.

Thanks for the tag though.

lol when a troll falls for a troll

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLyHNMOnLTs
#53LooksLikeRainPosted 7/11/2014 9:41:24 PM
BPSatsuki posted...
****ing MS think we're stupid or something. Gamers, who spend many hours on TV, can easily spot the difference between 720p or 792p or 900p or upscaled 1080p versus native 1080p.

This is why I ****ing hate MS, their condescending attitude. they just need to admit their 792p machine ****ing sucks

**** YOU MS!

You sound mad.
---
Hatred outlives the hateful.
#54Millertime660Posted 7/11/2014 9:54:22 PM
LooksLikeRain posted...
BPSatsuki posted...
****ing MS think we're stupid or something. Gamers, who spend many hours on TV, can easily spot the difference between 720p or 792p or 900p or upscaled 1080p versus native 1080p.

This is why I ****ing hate MS, their condescending attitude. they just need to admit their 792p machine ****ing sucks

**** YOU MS!

You sound mad.

butthurt supreme!
#55youngskillzPosted 7/11/2014 10:18:14 PM
oh microsoft, you're so you.
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Arch Enemy, Cantabile Wind, Eye of the Enemy, The Wake, Exhortation, Deals Death, Mechanical God Creation, Fractal Gates, Destinity, Isolated
#56Gunvalkyrie2Posted 7/11/2014 10:24:52 PM
AzaneAzer posted...
50 some people need to head to their local eye doctor.

27 inch screen can see the difference, if a 60 cant.... oh boy.

We all believe u.
---
You are ignoring 9 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#57LonethernetPosted 7/12/2014 8:17:19 AM
Cornbread4life posted...
I was expecting a video or pics or something, not to actually be told to get a second HDTV and game system and do it myself...guess I can't face the challenge.

Here, me from another thread and guide directions of sorts

Lonethernet posted...
http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/02/23/1080p-vs-900p-vs-720p-screenshot-comparison-can-you-tell-the-difference/

Open a couple 720/900 and 1080 pictures in different tabs, then zoom in on the image somewhere preferably a corner to ensure the images are lined up right across both tabs for comparison. The difference is there to see, especially with things like wires or grass, they're cleaner with less jaggies in 1080p. Also look at the edges of surfaces, same thing. The farther away in the game environment the blurrier they become, but that's not so much the case in 1080p.

Notable spots to clearly see the difference for those who say they can't: Batman's shoulder-plate and cowl, since they stand against the backdrop. The grass in Crysis, the vine hanging from the rock on the left, the trees in the background, there's a lot to use here. Many in FFXIV too, the character's hair, armor, chain mail, the sign's almost readable far in the background in 1080, ect. A couple are less noticeable because of the art style, Rome: Total War and Everquest for example.

I compare the difference to going from Component to HDMI for the first time. you can see it's different but you're not sure how... Everything looks cleaner and less jaggy farther away from your point of view, even though you're aware they're technically the same resolution. Imagine those ()@#$ "Captain Picard Facepalm" things people love to put on forums and comment sections; Now if someone made those with a much smaller font and less spaces, with dots instead of characters, ect. the resemblance would be much more clear. The more so the smaller you get, to the point of having a clear photorealistic picture. That's what newspaper images are, a collection of dots making up an image. The closest parallel I can think of to pixels and resolution actually.

---
Been here for years but signed up before the dawn of the 8th gen for the boards! Going all out this time. Weirdtown chat user Lonethernet
#58Darkside_ShadowPosted 7/12/2014 11:02:49 AM
This is embarrassing. I own both consoles. And prefer the Xbox One, controller, online etc.

But stuff like this from MS is just terrible marketing.
How about they focus on games instead to move sales.

A blind monkey can tell the difference. DealwithitMS.
#59TehPwnzererPosted 7/12/2014 11:27:32 AM
I can't believe this. So they're not only admitting there's a difference in quality but still retaining the same condescending attitude while doing it? Their arrogance knows no bounds.
#60Laylow12(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2014 11:07:14 AM
Darkside_Shadow posted...
This is embarrassing. I own both consoles. And prefer the Xbox One, controller, online etc.

But stuff like this from MS is just terrible marketing.
How about they focus on games instead to move sales.

A blind monkey can tell the difference. DealwithitMS.

TehPwnzerer posted...
I can't believe this. So they're not only admitting there's a difference in quality but still retaining the same condescending attitude while doing it? Their arrogance knows no bounds.

I wish they would deliver on "The Cloud" making the XBOX ONE as powerful as 3-4 XBOX ONES or backwards compatibility, anything that is actually real instead of carrying on as arrogant shepherds leading mindless sheep around. We do have our own brains and can see this through this kinda stuff, which I don't think they realize yet.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin