Why is Microsoft double downing on power disparity between PS4 and Xbox One?

#11SoulTrapperPosted 7/11/2014 11:22:28 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
I need a link where they said no one can tell the difference between 720p and 1080p...that would just be ridiculous...and sad that they think their consumers can be that gullible and stupid...

insulting smh...

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-vs-ps4-resolution-microsoft-challenges-yo/1100-6421047/?utm_source=gamefaqs&utm_medium=partner&utm_content=news_module&utm_campaign=hub_platform

"If you put third-party games side-by-side that are running at slightly different resolutions or frame rates, then unless you are using a screen that's more than 60 inches big, I defy you to really see the difference," Eagle told CVG. "I personally struggle to see the difference."

He didn't specify what "slightly different resolutions" are, though.
#12Sniper_BrosefPosted 7/11/2014 11:23:53 AM
nickr2d2 posted...
The amount of graphical troll topics lately is incredibly annoying. In fact, it's borderline shameful to be this obsessed with graphics.

smh.

It doesn't matter if it's a piece of s***. All that matters is how good that piece of s*** looks.
---
We're representatives from your nation's government.
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
#13SoulTrapperPosted 7/11/2014 11:25:47 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
nickr2d2 posted...
The amount of graphical troll topics lately is incredibly annoying. In fact, it's borderline shameful to be this obsessed with graphics.

smh.

It doesn't matter if it's a piece of s***. All that matters is how good that piece of s*** looks.

Well, yes, if you were forced to choose between two identical pieces of ****, except one looks better than the other, you'd go for the better looking one.
#14nickr2d2Posted 7/11/2014 11:29:26 AM(edited)
SoulTrapper posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
nickr2d2 posted...

smh.

Well, yes, if you were forced to choose between two identical pieces of ****, except one looks better than the other, you'd go for the better looking one.

I agree, but, IMO, it's never that simple. There's also controller, friends, interface/operating system, and so on.
---
"You're using the wrong words to express your still incorrect thoughts" -Foxx3k
#15SoulTrapperPosted 7/11/2014 11:29:36 AM
nickr2d2 posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
nickr2d2 posted...

smh.

Right, but it's never that simple. There's also controller, friends, interface/operating system, and so on.

Very true.

But those are subjective factors which you can't really compare.

So if you're only going by what you can compare, the choice is obvious.
#16nickr2d2Posted 7/11/2014 11:33:08 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
nickr2d2 posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
nickr2d2 posted...

smh.

Right, but it's never that simple. There's also controller, friends, interface/operating system, and so on.

Very true.

But those are subjective factors which you can't really compare.

So if you're only going by what you can compare, the choice is obvious.

Yeah. It's just that, can it ever be that simple?
---
#17Sevi_neyPosted 7/11/2014 11:38:06 AM
Yes. 1080p is objectively superior to 900p and 720p because 1080p is a mathematically larger number. It's not a hard concept to follow if you remove your head from the sand.

@nickr2d2
---
http://imgur.com/8nh2xDC
#18SoulTrapperPosted 7/11/2014 11:41:26 AM
nickr2d2 posted...

Yeah. It's just that, can it ever be that simple?

Why would it not be possible?
#19Sniper_BrosefPosted 7/11/2014 11:43:14 AM
SoulTrapper posted...

No, I'd skip the piece of s***. You don't seem to realize that i'm not forced to buy anything, let alone s***.
---
We're representatives from your nation's government.
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
#20nickr2d2Posted 7/11/2014 11:43:36 AM
Sevi_ney posted...
Yes. 1080p is objectively superior to 900p and 720p because 1080p is a mathematically larger number. It's not a hard concept to follow if you remove your head from the sand.

@nickr2d2

1. Rude much?

2. What's the point of having a slightly better looking game, if you dom't like the controller, interface, or don't have friends on that console? What if the server connection isn't as good as you're used to?

This is all theoretical, but I don't get what people don't understand about opinions, and prefering one thing over another. At least SoulTrapper and I had a logical discussion with opinions and respectfullness.
---