Why is Microsoft double downing on power disparity between PS4 and Xbox One?

#21SoulTrapperPosted 7/11/2014 12:46:53 PM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
Well, yes, if you were forced to choose between two identical pieces of ****, except one looks better than the other, you'd go for the better looking one.

No, I'd skip the piece of s***. You don't seem to realize that i'm not forced to buy anything, let alone s***.

Which is why I specifically added "If you were forced".

Skipping something you don't want is always the only logical answer.
#22EnclavePosted 7/11/2014 12:49:11 PM
nickr2d2 posted...
Sevi_ney posted...
Yes. 1080p is objectively superior to 900p and 720p because 1080p is a mathematically larger number. It's not a hard concept to follow if you remove your head from the sand.

@nickr2d2

1. Rude much?

2. What's the point of having a slightly better looking game, if you dom't like the controller, interface, or don't have friends on that console? What if the server connection isn't as good as you're used to?

This is all theoretical, but I don't get what people don't understand about opinions, and prefering one thing over another. At least SoulTrapper and I had a logical discussion with opinions and respectfullness.

People are totally free to have their own opinions, nobody denies that. What's in question is why Microsoft keeps on saying crap like this. It doesn't seem to be helping sales and just gives more ammo to the trolls. They need to stop trying to pretend the PS4 isn't more powerful or that it's extra power is negligible. They need to own up and instead double down on bringing the best gaming experience they can through their 1st party devs. You know, the tactic Sony used last gen when multiplat titles on the PS3 often looked inferior because the system was so much more difficult to make games for. Sony didn't whine about 3rd party graphics, no, they doubled down on their games and ended up with by far the strongest 1st party exclusives of last gen.

That's what Microsoft needs to do right now, not come off as a whiny kid who doesn't want to admit they aren't the best. I really have to wonder at some of the PR people at Microsoft, though they're not as stupid as the people in charge of PR of the PS3 early on, god, nothing is as bad as that crying baby doll commercial.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#23Sniper_BrosefPosted 7/11/2014 2:12:56 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
Which is why I specifically added "If you were forced".Skipping something you don't want is always the only logical answer.

Cool! So now that we know that what system would you buy? The one that is a little weaker, spec-wise, but your favorite exclusives, friends, controler are all accessible through it or the more powerful system with exclusives you don't have much interest in and none of your friends are buying?
---
We're representatives from your nation's government.
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
#24SoulTrapperPosted 7/11/2014 2:50:52 PM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
Which is why I specifically added "If you were forced".Skipping something you don't want is always the only logical answer.

Cool! So now that we know that what system would you buy? The one that is a little weaker, spec-wise, but your favorite exclusives, friends, controler are all accessible through it or the more powerful system with exclusives you don't have much interest in and none of your friends are buying?

Then you buy that console.

But those subjective factors are entirely useless when comparing them, because, wait for it: they're different for everyone!

So knowing that they differ for everyone, what differences are left to compare?
Exactly! How they look!
#25orestes1981(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2014 8:54:16 AM
Well, people will buy what they want to buy. But, Microsoft spending more time trying to rationalize their less-powerful console instead of taking risks. If anything, Sony lets the developers try that, but I see less risk being taken this generation. Microsoft played it too safe, and it will hurt them this generation.
---
Cappin' thine enemy is not exactly something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher
#26Foxx3kPosted 7/12/2014 8:58:44 AM
orestes1981 posted...
First, they back pedal from DRM, and all of the features that would come with it.

Now, they are trying to say people cannot tell the difference between 720p and 1080p? Damage control this early in the generation is going to help consumers increase the install base of their competition. The PR person for Microsoft needs to be fired. Actually, I think the designers for the Xbox One need to be let go as well because they played it too safe this generation.

Oy vey!

They didn't play it safe.

As the story goes, the Xbox One was going to be more powerful than the Playstation 4, but in late development Sony saw an opening in their supply chain and doubled the amount of GDDR5 ram from 4GB to 8GB.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#27SupaflyGibsonPosted 7/12/2014 9:08:56 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
SoulTrapper posted...

Then you buy that console.

But those subjective factors are entirely useless when comparing them, because, wait for it: they're different for everyone!

So knowing that they differ for everyone, what differences are left to compare?
Exactly! How they look!

I see what you're saying. IMO most people value the subjective things more than the specs, at least I do. I have an Xbox bc of my friends, Halo/Gears, and the controller. I feel specs only matter significantly to those who have both and want a multiplat.
---
gt: For Spartaa
#28orestes1981(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2014 9:09:18 AM
Foxx3k posted...
orestes1981 posted...
First, they back pedal from DRM, and all of the features that would come with it.

Now, they are trying to say people cannot tell the difference between 720p and 1080p? Damage control this early in the generation is going to help consumers increase the install base of their competition. The PR person for Microsoft needs to be fired. Actually, I think the designers for the Xbox One need to be let go as well because they played it too safe this generation.

Oy vey!

As the story goes, the Xbox One was going to be more powerful than the Playstation 4, but in late development Sony saw an opening in their supply chain and doubled the amount of GDDR5 ram from 4GB to 8GB.

As the story goes? What story? You mean rumors that came about? It doesn't matter what people said before the reveal. It is done, and the PS4 is outpacing the Xbox One by a good margin. That is why Xbox One is going to China first. They want to try and win that country to make up the vast difference.
---
Cappin' thine enemy is not exactly something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher
#29Foxx3kPosted 7/12/2014 9:11:05 AM
orestes1981 posted...
Foxx3k posted...
orestes1981 posted...

Oy vey!

As the story goes? What story? You mean rumors that came about? It doesn't matter what people said before the reveal. It is done, and the PS4 is outpacing the Xbox One by a good margin. That is why Xbox One is going to China first. They want to try and win that country to make up the vast difference.

*scratching my head*

You mentioned that they played it safe - something that was done before reveals - and I mentioned the story that suggests otherwise and you reply with "WHAT HAPPENED BEFORE DOESN'T MATTER"

Get out of here kid.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#30Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 7/12/2014 9:11:41 AM
MicrosoftLover posted...
PS4 may have the EsRams but Xbox One has the EsGOATS!

thats right, the xbox one has nothing to fear except for...

*rattles*

El Chupacabra
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."