Dragon Age Inquisition looks awesome. (Gameplay video link)

#1cheezedadadaPosted 7/11/2014 4:55:59 PM
I was just on XBL and I watched the video of Dragon Age Inquisition and was surprised at how good it looks. After loving DA1 and being a little let down with DA2, I wasn't sure what to expect...but I am impressed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJjQVgXbbic

Its about ~16 minutes of gameplay. Maybe most of you have seen it already, but I didnt see it posted here so I figured why not. The dragon fight towards the end was awesome.

Sunset Overdrive, Dragon Age Inquisition and Far Cry 4 are the top three upcoming 2014 games for me.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4, etc.
#2MicrosoftLoverPosted 7/11/2014 4:56:47 PM
cheezedadada posted...
I was just on XBL and I watched the video of Dragon Age Inquisition and was surprised at how good it looks. After loving DA1 and being a little let down with DA2, I wasn't sure what to expect...but I am impressed.

Its about ~16 minutes of gameplay. Maybe most of you have seen it already, but I didnt see it posted here so I figured why not. The dragon fight towards the end was awesome.

Sunset Overdrive, Dragon Age Inquisition and Far Cry 4 are the top three upcoming 2014 games for me.

Who pays $60 a year for Xlive?

I get it for $5.99 on Amazon. Come'on now.
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.
#3dot_hack_pavesPosted 7/11/2014 6:50:32 PM
MicrosoftLover posted...
cheezedadada posted...

Who pays $60 a year for Xlive?

I get it for $5.99 on Amazon. Come'on now.

U wot m8?
---
I am one of the 12 and a 1/2
Gamertag = Paves911
#4Jiggy101011Posted 7/11/2014 7:05:38 PM
I like the lore in Dragon Age. Though I feel like The Witcher 3 will do the open world RGA genre better. I'm hoping DA3 does a better job at storytelling than DA2 did.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Currently Playing: Watch Dogs, The Last Of Us, Assassins Creed Revelations
#5Dev445Posted 7/11/2014 7:24:45 PM
Nice! This is day one for me. Beat the first two I don't know how many times.
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
GT: ThatBoyNice247
#6kungfuj0Posted 7/11/2014 10:14:14 PM
DAI is one of very few games over the years where I can say that the more I see of it, the more I like it. Haven't seen or read anything discouraging about it yet.
---
Sometimes I honestly think that Online is the WORST thing that ever happened to gaming.
#7InjusticeRebornPosted 7/11/2014 10:45:30 PM
I really cannot wait for this. I'd say it's my most anticipated game this year, and there looks to be some really great contenders.

That first area is just... wow. The detail, depth, at least in the realm of location design they've took it further from Origins, rather than it's sequel. The combat looks to be more similar like Origin's, but with the animation taking note from Dragon Age 2.

Skipped the item equip screen, was nice to see appearance changes return though. :D

Was this footage taken from PC?

I knew the return of race selection for the playable character was about, but I wasn't aware Qunari was an option. Going to be spoilt for choice. :)

Cheers for the link cheeze.
---
A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. What about my PlayStation?
#8kungfuj0Posted 7/11/2014 11:39:25 PM
Footage was either pc or xbone. You can see little green A's an such from time to time. No green A button on ps4 that I know of.

And I believe they announced the qunari as a race option a while ago. One thing about that unnerves me a bit though. The female qunari just doesn't feel or sound right with that soft English voice. I feel like she should sound...tougher or something! It's a minor thing though.

I also like that they've tried to blend the combat between the styles of Origins and DA2. So far, it looks like they've done a good job.
---
Sometimes I honestly think that Online is the WORST thing that ever happened to gaming.
#9InjusticeRebornPosted 7/12/2014 12:24:09 AM
kungfuj0 posted...
Footage was either pc or xbone. You can see little green A's an such from time to time. No green A button on ps4 that I know of.

And I believe they announced the qunari as a race option a while ago. One thing about that unnerves me a bit though. The female qunari just doesn't feel or sound right with that soft English voice. I feel like she should sound...tougher or something! It's a minor thing though.

I also like that they've tried to blend the combat between the styles of Origins and DA2. So far, it looks like they've done a good job.

Yeah, I thought that about the voice for the female Qunari also, but I'm hoping we'll have a voice selection like in Origins. :3

Having recently started my re-playing of Origins, I did kind of chuckle when the female Qunari was confirmed in that video (at first I thought it was just a tall slender character with a helmet :P), only because I've just met Sten in Origins, and recently expired the conversation where female Qunari aren't warriors/don't fight. :P
---
A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. What about my PlayStation?
#10Darkness3389Posted 7/12/2014 12:37:31 AM
I have Inquisition already pre-order. I feel weird being one of the very very few people that LOVED Dragon Age 2 and never finished Dragon Age 1. I just like the whole hub city setting of Dragon Age 2 versus the level map like areas of Dragon Age 1.
---
GT- EndingEye - Patriots, Lakers, Dodgers, Galaxy & Kings Fan
Kobe Bryant 81 points V.S. Toronto Raptor 1/22/06 Historic