If you were head of the Xbox division at Microsoft, what would you do to save

#1dolablaPosted 7/11/2014 5:15:54 PM
The X1?

Unfortunately, I don't think it's a secret anymore that the X1 is hurting. It started off good, but sales have really fallen off the past few months. I know brother Phil is doing his best (he was left with a mess), but I'm not sure if it's gonna enough. However, I have been praying for him and the whole the team that they will get this ship turned around.

If you were head of the Xbox division, what would try to do to save the X1?
#2chubbychaserPosted 7/11/2014 5:23:11 PM(edited)
1. 720p

xbone is not strong enough to do 1080p

case point.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aItGKOjrKBQ&feature=youtu.be&t=1m3s

rather than embarassing themselves like this, make sure all 3d, graphic extensive games to run at 720p

eventho 720p is inferior, its still playable

2. Damage control

This hurt xbone most globally

The DRM, spying using kinect (PRISM), #dealwithit attitude, etc

3. Reimburse or give something back to early adopters. Like gifts or something. They got screwed real bad. In just a matter of months
- price drop
- kinectless sku
- A lot of free game bundles
- $75
- etc
---
aaaHAA!! X800 XT PE
#3DMoney3SixPosted 7/11/2014 5:19:51 PM
Cut back on office party's.
There is like 4 birthday parties a month with all the staff. We are way past our budget for cake.

Never mind, bad idea
---
Ain't nutin to it, Gangsta rap made Yoda do it.
#4neogeoftwPosted 7/11/2014 5:42:38 PM
DMoney3Six posted...
Cut back on office party's.
There is like 4 birthday parties a month with all the staff. We are way past our budget for cake.

Never mind, bad idea

At least you get cake. By the time it gets to me there is no cake left. I tried going first but i get called greedy so i end up going last and get no cake.
#5MicrosoftLoverPosted 7/11/2014 5:44:13 PM
Save the X1 from what? It's the FASTEST SELLING console in gaming history!

Don't be mad that your PS4 has no games!

Resolution? You couldn't even tell Killzone was 720p! And it's been scientifically proven that the human eye can't see past 10FPS and 64bit!

You stay on the Xbox One boards trolling while me and all the TRUE GAMERS enjoy Titanfall and Sunset Overdrive!

Seeeeeee yaaaa!
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.
#6ben10pokemon79Posted 7/11/2014 6:14:22 PM
1. Buy Valve and say Half-Life 3 will be an 1080p 60fps game XboxOne Exclusive AND Day 1 owners get it free.

2. Give the Kinect a feature that says "Kinect, activate Cake Launcher Mode" where cake shoots out of disc tray.

3. Eat that cake while looking at vgsales.com and looking at how badly the PS4 would be suffering if any of this was real.
---
Gamertag: Daredad Crust|PSN ID: PlasmaTornado|NNID: CrystalInferno
#7Laylow12Posted 7/11/2014 6:33:13 PM
ben10pokemon79 posted...
1. Buy Valve and say Half-Life 3 will be an 1080p 60fps game XboxOne Exclusive AND Day 1 owners get it free.

2. Give the Kinect a feature that says "Kinect, activate Cake Launcher Mode" where cake shoots out of disc tray.

3. Eat that cake while looking at vgsales.com and looking at how badly the PS4 would be suffering if any of this was real.

Actually, number 1 is quite simply; impossible and buying Valve isn't what I'm referring too.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#8SupaflyGibsonPosted 7/11/2014 6:38:38 PM
chubbychaser posted...
1. 720p

xbone is not strong enough to do 1080p

case point.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aItGKOjrKBQ&feature=youtu.be&t=1m3s

rather than embarassing themselves like this, make sure all 3d, graphic extensive games to run at 720p

eventho 720p is inferior, its still playable

2. Damage control

This hurt xbone most globally

The DRM, spying using kinect (PRISM), #dealwithit attitude, etc

3. Reimburse or give something back to early adopters. Like gifts or something. They got screwed real bad. In just a matter of months
- price drop
- kinectless sku
- A lot of free game bundles
- $75
- etc

Lol
---
gt: For Spartaa
#9FlyinTonitePosted 7/11/2014 6:41:28 PM
X1 is doing fine, the **** does it need "saving" for?
---
Life is tough, like real tough, like tough plus tough times tough to the power of tough.
#10dolabla(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 6:42:04 PM
Laylow12 posted...
ben10pokemon79 posted...

Actually, number 1 is quite simply; impossible and buying Valve isn't what I'm referring too.

I gotta admit, brother.............. it's painful............... it's painful. I realize that you just want what's best for us though, so no hard feelings.