If you were head of the Xbox division at Microsoft, what would you do to save

#11IzanamlPosted 7/11/2014 6:43:00 PM
MicrosoftLover posted...
Save the X1 from what? It's the FASTEST SELLING console in gaming history!

Don't be mad that your PS4 has no games!

Resolution? You couldn't even tell Killzone was 720p! And it's been scientifically proven that the human eye can't see past 10FPS and 64bit!

You stay on the Xbox One boards trolling while me and all the TRUE GAMERS enjoy Titanfall and Sunset Overdrive!

Seeeeeee yaaaa!

I now know whose alt this is. teehee23. You guys remember teehee23. right? This guy.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/teehee23/boards

His precious Xbone got it's ass kicked so many times here, he never came back. Or so we thought. But he's back!
---
The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed.
"Only courage in the face of doubt can lead one to the answer..." - Arcana IV The Emperor
#12Laylow12Posted 7/11/2014 7:36:35 PM(edited)
dolabla posted...
Laylow12 posted...
ben10pokemon79 posted...
1. Buy Valve and say Half-Life 3 will be an 1080p 60fps game XboxOne Exclusive AND Day 1 owners get it free.

2. Give the Kinect a feature that says "Kinect, activate Cake Launcher Mode" where cake shoots out of disc tray.

3. Eat that cake while looking at vgsales.com and looking at how badly the PS4 would be suffering if any of this was real.

Actually, number 1 is quite simply; impossible and buying Valve isn't what I'm referring too.

I gotta admit, brother.............. it's painful............... it's painful. I realize that you just want what's best for us though, so no hard feelings.

Thanks man. I'm all about the gamer and have no allegiance to any company. To prove it, I'd advise anyone looking for a game system to buy either the PS4 or the Wii-U. Either one is good for different reasons or get them both if you don't want to miss any good exclusives.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#13Foxx3kPosted 7/11/2014 7:36:53 PM
1. Start a program that offers publishers incentives by way of reduced license fees, enhanced dashboard prominence, free advertising, etc, for making Xbox One titles the best experience among all platforms. Brand it as "Xbox Premiere Collection" or something.

I'd need to see data to make things more informed...

But I'd look at rates of adoption for instant video,
I'd look at what the most used apps are (probably Netflix) and attempt to give them "only on Xbox" content, such as "synchronized video streaming with party over Netflix" (A feature that it used to have until it was removed)
I'd look at how the upload studio is used and try to find a way of increasing its use as free advertising
I'd get some consulting surveys for why PS4 is outperforming Xbox in the US
- Also, look at how the "Xbox" generalism and standard-assumption is changing with the new generation, and find ways to fix that

etc.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#14thegamer00Posted 7/11/2014 7:40:10 PM
I would let Sony do their own thing which is losing money. Sony will kill themselves. Lost billions each year. Savoring for the day.
#15BoneRevolutionPosted 7/11/2014 7:46:29 PM
breathe.

there you go.
#16dolabla(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2014 1:59:10 AM
Laylow12 posted...
dolabla posted...
Laylow12 posted...
ben10pokemon79 posted...
1. Buy Valve and say Half-Life 3 will be an 1080p 60fps game XboxOne Exclusive AND Day 1 owners get it free.

2. Give the Kinect a feature that says "Kinect, activate Cake Launcher Mode" where cake shoots out of disc tray.

3. Eat that cake while looking at vgsales.com and looking at how badly the PS4 would be suffering if any of this was real.

Actually, number 1 is quite simply; impossible and buying Valve isn't what I'm referring too.

I gotta admit, brother.............. it's painful............... it's painful. I realize that you just want what's best for us though, so no hard feelings.

Thanks man. I'm all about the gamer and have no allegiance to any company. To prove it, I'd advise anyone looking for a game system to buy either the PS4 or the Wii-U. Either one is good for different reasons or get them both if you don't want to miss any good exclusives.

I wish my fellow Xbox community members saw it this way. It breaks my heart when my fellow members become so hostile they start accusing people like you (and other respectable posters) of being a troll. On the behalf of this board, I'd like to just apologize for the way you're treated on here.
#17ht02135Posted 7/12/2014 5:30:54 AM
X1 is hurting because it is inferior in spec. and X1 lockup resources to stupid kinect. tv integration not sufficient and is epic joke. kinect is another epic joke. the only way to compete is to address couple hardware issue and add exclusives and price

1>increase internal hdd to 2tb. trust me, no one wants to spend money on X1 and then spend extra for external hdd immediately.
2>streamline UI to consume less system resource (and get rid of kinect permanently) to free up more resources to dev
3>get rid of hdmi tv integration (lack of coaxial cable is really epic joke, then why bother with tv?) and streamline hardware and do another $100 price drop. $100 below ps4.
4>make xbox live gold better than ps+. it is probably time for gold to be same price as ps4. i am not joking
5>exclusives exclusives

you want to win, you need to give all you got. it apply to everyone
#18Laylow12Posted 7/12/2014 2:02:09 PM
dolabla posted...
Laylow12 posted...
dolabla posted...
Laylow12 posted...
ben10pokemon79 posted...

I wish my fellow Xbox community members saw it this way. It breaks my heart when my fellow members become so hostile they start accusing people like you (and other respectable posters) of being a troll. On the behalf of this board, I'd like to just apologize for the way you're treated on here.

Thanks Dolabla! Can I add you as friend on this site!?

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#19dolabla(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2014 2:53:12 PM
Laylow12 posted...
Thanks Dolabla! Can I add you as friend on this site!?

Yes, you may :)

Just always remember, when you're deliberately being attacked on here, you always got a friend in me. Even though I may biased toward the X1 (and the Xbox brand in general), I can always respect an unbiased bystander that's willing to help the community out any way he can (even though a lot of it hurts).
#20SculptorOvFleshPosted 7/12/2014 3:05:10 PM
Save what? It's going strong. Maybe you should think of ways to save Sony. They arn't a car dealer that the government will bail out.