If you were head of the Xbox division at Microsoft, what would you do to save

#21dolabla(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2014 3:16:54 PM
SculptorOvFlesh posted...
Save what? It's going strong. Maybe you should think of ways to save Sony. They arn't a car dealer that the government will bail out.

I don't know if you've been keeping up with the news, but while the X1 started off well the X1 has seen a drastic drop off in sales in the last few NPD's. I wish it wasn't true, but it's sub-100k in sales.
#22DvoloS88Posted 7/12/2014 3:18:55 PM
Games built specifically for x1 which would include battle toads, banjo kazooie, project Gotham racing, new dead or alive, halo 5 living up to all the hype and surpassing it, and brute force all being exclusive obviously.
Games with gold continuing with great games and deals.
Xbox live gold bumped down to 50$
Faster install times/updates.
Continued support for kinect 2 with straight kinect games that are actually good. (Picture fighter within but actually responsive and working with lots of content, good game play)
Custom soundtracks
cd burning capabilities
3 times the amount of demos available for games than now.
Life time warranty for kinect covering all technical failures like burning out etc.
---
Microsoft fans and Sony fans, can't we all just get along?...
#23aszsithPosted 7/12/2014 3:23:39 PM
It's amazing that people around here still think corporate logos are the driving force behind console purchases.

Software drives console sales. Historically, the summer drought is not the time that consoles fly off the shelves. It is during the holiday season. If the XBOne still has sub 100k sales in November and December, then that shows there is a real demand issue. But not until then. You can't judge a 8 year product life cycle based on the performance in the first off season.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#24Laylow12Posted 7/12/2014 5:33:49 PM
dolabla posted...
Laylow12 posted...
Thanks Dolabla! Can I add you as friend on this site!?

Yes, you may :)

Just always remember, when you're deliberately being attacked on here, you always got a friend in me. Even though I may biased toward the X1 (and the Xbox brand in general), I can always respect an unbiased bystander that's willing to help the community out any way he can (even though a lot of it hurts).

Oh cool. I sent you a friend thing on here. I just tell it like it is. Last gen I was impressed with Microsoft at first until they stopped making many exclusives halfway through the console lifetime. I still supported them at launch until I experienced the XBOX ONE first hand. Feel free to call me out on my facts as I always have the proper links to confirm what I post. I never see them from the people defending the system but Im sure they're all telling the truth.

This gen Sony is supporting the gamers and not focusing on cable TV and advertising. That's what I enjoy, just games. =)
I also have Wii-U because Nintendo has those awesome first party games you can't miss like Sony.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#25Sith JediPosted 7/12/2014 5:45:17 PM
Dolabla topic, stop feeding him.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bandin6385/
#26TheCyborgNinjaPosted 7/12/2014 9:31:34 PM(edited)
Only an ignoramus would be worried about it failing. MS is even working on the next Xbox...

MS can't really do more than it is to best Sony from a software perspective, realistically. The X1 has a good available and upcoming line-up. Something like buying out Capcom or Sega would certainly make name brands matter less to certain people though...

It's mostly just a matter of time, I think. The stigma of Mattrick's ideas will fade with time. The PS3 had an awful start compared with the Xbox One (supply constraints, insulting certain demographics, heavy losses per unit, no games, etc). After about 3 years, it arguably became better than the 360.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo