What if XB1 surpass PS4 in sales by the end of this year...

#31dnmtPosted 7/12/2014 5:47:40 AM
I'll bet you a PS4 that it doesn't, TC. It may not even surpass the Wii U this year.
#32ThePaleRiderpPosted 7/12/2014 5:49:52 AM
Crystyn_7B posted...
ThePaleRiderp posted...
Millertime660 posted...
SubSeenix posted...
The boost the PS4 will get through Destiny alone will be enough that Sony could stop selling the console for the rest of the year.

The PS4 is about to double the X1 in sales.
Sunset Overdrive won't sell consoles to people.
Halo MCC will mainly get bought by people already owning a X1
Forza Horizon didn't sell anything on the 360 with that huge install base and will sell less on the X1.

The PS4 has already a baseline that is nearly twice as high as the X1 had with the pricecut effect(which is already gone again)
The Last of Us remaster will boost the PS4 more than any of the X1 Exclusives this year =)

The 25 Countries or what it will launch in september won't do much.
OMG JAPAN - MILLION SELLER COUNTRY...Yeah more like 10k max in the launchmonth.
Same goes for all of the european countries which are PS4 Territory.
And btw in those EU Countries the X1 was already available.Not official but they were in every big shop buyable since day1.
They will sell if im generous 100k max in all of those countries.Something the Destiny Boost for the PS4 will erase in a second.Oh yeah September is Fifa15 Release...Europe will go ham for the PS4 :D

Subseenix! The sales analyst guru in the house!

Can't say that all of it is true but what is more than likely possible is the bit about Japan. The Xbox brand has never been popular over there. With Japan switching to mobile and handheld games console sales are slowing down. That's why the 3DS is the big seller there. A reason the WiiU is picking up there is because they are releasing good games. Bayonetta 2, hyrule warriors, xenoblade chronicles X, etc. The PS4 and Xbox One have the same library just about so it's more than likely gonna have issues selling like the PS4.

It's not like MS will ship millions of units to Japan day 1.

They know way better than any of us just how much or few interest there is in Japan for the XBO.

Yep.
---
Valar morghulis
#33ThePaleRiderpPosted 7/12/2014 5:50:33 AM
dnmt posted...
I'll bet you a PS4 that it doesn't, TC. It may not even surpass the Wii U this year.

With Smash and some of the other games I listed it wouldn't surprise me.
---
Valar morghulis
#34avanentPosted 7/12/2014 5:56:12 AM
kungfuj0 posted...
Here's the better question...

Why is it that people who presumably don't own stock in these companies give a **** about which company sells more units???

I owned an original xbox, own an xbox 360, and am planning to get an xbone in a month or so, yet I couldn't care less about whether or not MS sells more than Sony or vice versa. I don't get a magic prize if MS outsells Sony, and unless you are a stockholder, neither do you, so why even bother with BS like this???

As a fan of gaming in general, I want both companies to sell enough systems and products to stay in business, because that benefits me, the gamer. In all other regards, I couldn't care less about who sells more or about what the margin is or any of the other crap that the fanboys of each system like to spew.

I am in it for the games and nothing else. Whoever can provide me those games is all I care about. For now, that is MS. Tomorrow, it might be Sony. Either way, as long as I get the games, I win. To hell with everything else.

Marketshare and potential revenue for game developers and game publishers. When a system has a huge marketsharae advantage over the other, it entices developers and publishers to produce for that system over the other. Of cour there are other factors, do you want to develop with the kinect, do you want to develop for the wiiU tablet thingy, is someone giving you a bunch of money to make a game for their system, is one of them harder than hell to Dev for... However, it is a big factor.

If you aren't getting kickbacks for developing for a certain brand, and if you aren't interested in doing special things with the kinect, and if the difficulty of development is about the same, then which system are you going to develop for? Probably the one with bigger market share.
#35Dev445(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2014 11:36:34 AM
dnmt posted...

Bet
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
GT: ThatBoyNice247
#36lunchbox2042Posted 7/12/2014 12:05:10 PM
It'd have to knock it out of the park in both China and Japan in order to overtake Sony while being down by around 3.5 to 4 million consoles already.
#37dnmtPosted 7/12/2014 3:06:27 PM
Dev445 posted...
dnmt posted...

Bet

See you in 2015 (;
#38aszsithPosted 7/12/2014 3:17:43 PM
kungfuj0 posted...
Here's the better question...

Why is it that people who presumably don't own stock in these companies give a **** about which company sells more units???

I owned an original xbox, own an xbox 360, and am planning to get an xbone in a month or so, yet I couldn't care less about whether or not MS sells more than Sony or vice versa. I don't get a magic prize if MS outsells Sony, and unless you are a stockholder, neither do you, so why even bother with BS like this???

As a fan of gaming in general, I want both companies to sell enough systems and products to stay in business, because that benefits me, the gamer. In all other regards, I couldn't care less about who sells more or about what the margin is or any of the other crap that the fanboys of each system like to spew.

I am in it for the games and nothing else. Whoever can provide me those games is all I care about. For now, that is MS. Tomorrow, it might be Sony. Either way, as long as I get the games, I win. To hell with everything else.

Get out of here with your reason, logic, and above average sentence structure. This is Gfaqs. You are supposed to just type something like "Xbot lolz" and move on to every other thread on the first page to type the same thing.

But you are correct, for the most part. The one thing you skipped is that even if someone is a stock holder, that doesn't necessarily matter. Sony hasn't paid dividends on stock for a while now (since 2009) due to all of the losses from the pc and consumer electronics divisions (minus Playstation of course). Microsoft only pays dividends on preferred stock, and the payout is rather small unless you have substantial holdings. In that instance, you really wouldn't care about the console wars because you are already wealthy and can afford to buy whatever gaming hardware and software you desire.

source: nasdaq.com
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#39mokmuudPosted 7/12/2014 3:26:01 PM
lunchbox2042 posted...
It'd have to knock it out of the park in both China and Japan in order to overtake Sony while being down by around 3.5 to 4 million consoles already.

Don't forget PS4 is getting ready to launch in China.
---
PSN: Mokmuud XBL: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#40catzrul2002Posted 7/12/2014 4:22:47 PM
dnmt posted...
Dev445 posted...
dnmt posted...

Bet

See you in 2015 (;

Someone should screen cap this, then tell me when 2015 arrives.
---
The secret to the meaning of life is... Hey, Big Zam!