Twitch App Settings, Can Someone Answer

#1Darkness3389Posted 7/11/2014 9:55:01 PM
I notice a big difference in the quality of watching streams on the xbox one versus on my pc. On the xbox one the streams seem to a bit more blurry as if they are running on the medium quality setting and if I watch the streams on my PC on high/source its perfect. I was wondering if there any setting to adjust the stream quality on the xbox one twitch app like you can do when your watching a stream fro the site on your P.C.? I prefer to watch streams on the xbox one because my PC does run pretty hot when watching streams.
---
GT- EndingEye - Patriots, Lakers, Dodgers, Galaxy & Kings Fan
Kobe Bryant 81 points V.S. Toronto Raptor 1/22/06 Historic
#2Its_No_BiggiePosted 7/11/2014 10:00:45 PM
I am curious about your PC specs? If your PC runs hot while watching streams, you have a problem. But I occasionally get this problem as well. I don't beleive there is anything to do about it either. Sorry not much help D:
#3Darkness3389(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 10:04:20 PM
Its_No_Biggie posted...
I am curious about your PC specs? If your PC runs hot while watching streams, you have a problem. But I occasionally get this problem as well. I don't beleive there is anything to do about it either. Sorry not much help D:

My PC usually stays at around the low 50's to high 40s according to speedfan in idle or low use like just browsing. When running videos and stream it gets up to around 60 and the fan starts. Its only 3 years old so I don't think its the thermal paste or fan and I don;t think the fans are clogged. I think everyones PC runs a bit hot when they are using resource heavy things like watching video or streams.
---
#4Its_No_BiggiePosted 7/11/2014 10:33:55 PM
I was mistaking what you meant by hot. When I stream and play something it gets around 50 to 55.
#5crynryanPosted 7/11/2014 10:38:16 PM
When you start a stream, it starts off as blurry and then gets better in a few seconds from what I've seen. If you snap Twitch, and then go back to fullscreen it'll become blurry but stay blurry until you exit the stream and go back. Same thing if you dashboard, do something else, and then come back to it.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#6Darkness3389(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 11:28:45 PM
crynryan posted...
When you start a stream, it starts off as blurry and then gets better in a few seconds from what I've seen. If you snap Twitch, and then go back to fullscreen it'll become blurry but stay blurry until you exit the stream and go back. Same thing if you dashboard, do something else, and then come back to it.

Yeah I get that. I mean the quality of the stream seems different on the xbox one then on a PC. I have my PC hooked up to my T.V. via HDMI cable so when I have both on the same stream and switch between the two the PC stream seem sharper and clearer. It seems like a different between one stream running at High while the other runs at Medium which is the xbox one version. I was wondering if you can adjust the quality setting like you can do on twitch on PC. Also has anyone Twitch on PC been having problems lately like the video stutters? I'm using Mozilla firefox and heard that since Twitch is running at 60 fps that firefox stutters with Twitch now and that chrome is better.
---
#7Darkness3389(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 11:30:43 PM
Its_No_Biggie posted...
I was mistaking what you meant by hot. When I stream and play something it gets around 50 to 55.

Yeah when idle my PC runs between 47-50 degree Celsius and sometimes in the low 40s. When I have a video playing like on youtube or watching a stream on twitch that Temp jumps to 60 but when I close the browser for those videos it goes back down so I don't think its a heat sink issue or thermal paste issue. The vent for the fan is not blocked at all.
---