Sooo... Looks like Dark Souls II might be headed to Xbox One.

#1TheCyborgNinjaPosted 7/12/2014 12:31:18 AM(edited)
I guess Tesco put up a page listing it. The date is 31/12/13, which is clearly not real. Otherwise, it seems odd it'd be there, especially with a price. A place I worked at never listed things until the buyers had some rough number to work with. Normally these sorts of leaks are followed by some sort of confirmation a month or so later (Gamescom, maybe for this). Pretty excited at the idea of this happening. Either way, I'll still have Lords of the Fallen.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/dark-souls-2-xbox-one/493-9965.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=493-9965&sc_cmp=tp4_aff_1503186
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#2Darkness3389Posted 7/12/2014 12:32:23 AM
Is this also on the PS4 or is this possibly From Software making up for Bloodborne being PS4 exclusive?
---
GT- EndingEye - Patriots, Lakers, Dodgers, Galaxy & Kings Fan
Kobe Bryant 81 points V.S. Toronto Raptor 1/22/06 Historic
#3wavvvvesPosted 7/12/2014 12:33:25 AM
Dark souls 1 was absolutely amazing, can't say the same about 2. Every boss in dark souls 2 was a generic knight. In the 1st one, there was giant, terrifying demons and monsters.
#4Darkness3389Posted 7/12/2014 12:35:38 AM
wavvvves posted...
Dark souls 1 was absolutely amazing, can't say the same about 2. Every boss in dark souls 2 was a generic knight. In the 1st one, there was giant, terrifying demons and monsters.

I feel like nothing will ever beat DKS 1 not because it was a better game. They both are equal to me, but because it was my first Souls game. I do think that there are way too many bosses in DKS 2 and found myself on shotting a couple of them. Also it seems that reaching the boss is much more difficult then beating them...for example the Chariot Boss.
---
#5TheCyborgNinja(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2014 12:38:09 AM
Darkness3389 posted...
wavvvves posted...

I feel like nothing will ever beat DKS 1 not because it was a better game. They both are equal to me, but because it was my first Souls game. I do think that there are way too many bosses in DKS 2 and found myself on shotting a couple of them. Also it seems that reaching the boss is much more difficult then beating them...for example the Chariot Boss.

I get what you're saying. Even if they were both equally cool, the first one was an original experience and the next was more of the same. No matter how awesome, it's not as original now.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#6Darkness3389Posted 7/12/2014 12:40:20 AM
TheCyborgNinja posted...
Darkness3389 posted...
wavvvves posted...

I get what you're saying. Even if they were both equally cool, the first one was an original experience and the next was more of the same. No matter how awesome, it's not as original now.

Yep...first time I saw the minotaur like demon I was like HOLY CRAP then I crapped my pants after meeting the dragon/wyvern on the bridge lol. Oh yeah, DKS 2 seems to be coming to PS4 as well

http://www.gamezone.com/news/2014/07/11/dark-souls-2-listed-for-ps4-and-xbox-one

Guess this is another game that I'm going to rebuy along with GTA V.
---
#7wavvvvesPosted 7/12/2014 12:40:51 AM
It's not that sequels lose their touch because dark souls was a sequel to demon's souls. It's just, different dev, different game. And it was for the worst.
#8Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 7/12/2014 12:47:51 AM
wavvvves posted...
It's not that sequels lose their touch because dark souls was a sequel to demon's souls. It's just, different dev, different game. And it was for the worst.

wth are you talking about? all three games were made by from software
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#9wavvvvesPosted 7/12/2014 12:50:36 AM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
wavvvves posted...

wth are you talking about? all three games were made by from software

A company isn't a person. Look at 343, they have the original bungie team and bungie now has a bunch of random people.
#10TheCyborgNinja(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2014 12:51:47 AM
I like 'em all. I think the reason Dark Souls is seemingly the most popular is because Demon's Souls was a smaller title in comparison. Likewise, it's hard for DS2 to live up to the expectations set by its predecessor. It's always a risk when changes are made.

I'd be astounded if no PS4 version came out alongside this one (should it be real).
---