Microsoft on xbox vs ps4 "we want to be number one"

#21DarthUchiha91Posted 7/12/2014 10:58:00 AM
RockguyKev posted...
1) Don't listen to this guy ^
2) No, seriously, everything he said is ridiculous.

MS can't win this time around and they should just accept that. Gamers are fickle children who want their egos stroked. Sony did that this time and it worked. MS did it last time and it worked. Nintendo never does it and well, that proves my point.

---
I'm the Barack Obama of fat people
Yes we can...Eat!!
#22SupaflyGibsonPosted 7/12/2014 11:00:05 AM
Well what are they supposed to say, that they're content with being number 2? Regardless of their standing with Sony this is great to hear.
---
gt: For Spartaa
#23crucialPosted 7/15/2014 8:10:05 PM
Nothing is better then competition,gamer's win when MS and Sony release exclusive after exclusive to try and one up each other,I hope this gen is Super Nes vs. Genesis all over again,the best gen ever when it comes to what gamers wanted and what they got.
#24chedibang1994Posted 7/15/2014 8:20:38 PM
mjc0961 posted...
Hucast9 posted...
PS4 needs to be cooler, quieter, and I would love for it to have an external power supply.

Not sure if trolling or just stupid. PS4 is already quiet and cool, and external power supplies are complete arse.

The ps4 over heats faster than the one and is a little louder, external is alright
---
Sony for the gamers!!!! More fun on xbox one!!!! Wii u!!!! The devil is a lie!!!! By Ricky Rosay
#25darkphiresagePosted 7/15/2014 9:30:24 PM
chedibang1994 posted...
mjc0961 posted...
Hucast9 posted...
PS4 needs to be cooler, quieter, and I would love for it to have an external power supply.

Not sure if trolling or just stupid. PS4 is already quiet and cool, and external power supplies are complete arse.

The ps4 over heats faster than the one and is a little louder, external is alright

Heard so many conflicting statements about this. It's hard to believe since my and my brother's PS4's are both quiet and barely get lukewarm. I have to turn off everything in the house to hear mine running, and I only sit 4-5ft away from it. But there's a few too many people saying theirs sounds like a jet engine for them to be trolling.

And this is a game forum where experienced gamers come to talk, so I doubt most of them are covering the air vents, or have it in an enclosed entertainment center like idiots. (Though I have had to tell 2 or 3 people that their system is loud because they have it standing vertically and are blocking half the vents.)
---
"Dat b**** crazy."
"Ya, b****** be trippin." - every guy ever and his best friend at some point in life.
#26BPSatsukiPosted 7/15/2014 9:34:19 PM
it's nice to want things
#27Shik_stickPosted 7/15/2014 10:10:29 PM
triple s posted...
Secure some solid exclusives. Make Xbox Live far and away better than PSN....this doesn't seem that hard. Halo 5 must more popular and more profitable than Call of Duty, lol.

Huh, funny you say that since Xbox Live is now a carbon copy of PSN...but still more expensive. Also worth noting is PSn is quickly overtaking STEAM as the best digital game service withe the crazy sales and deals they have been having.

When MS can match that, maybe you can make that comment.
---
Teach me about bozongas!-Jude Mathis
Best game of 2013 , The Last of Us. Sony is on point!
#28quincy2000aPosted 7/15/2014 10:39:49 PM
Laylow12 posted...
Why would anyone want to run their cable box through the XBOX ONE? It degrades the picture quality and costs you money. Check out the picture degradation issue on the official XBOX forums if you don't believe me.

I saw the Gamespot and IGN forum posts about this but nothing official from Microsoft.

Has Microsoft addressed or acknowledged it yet?
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
#29fanboymaycryPosted 7/16/2014 1:47:01 AM
Hucast9 posted...
Someone go tweet Phil Spencer and tell him to read this discussion board occasionally when he has time.

No. That would be horrible advice. There are way too many fanboys sniveling around on this site. They hate and troll just to do it, as if their lives depended on it.

MS can use common sense. The problem they're having is negative brand perception, partially due to their E3 reveal last year. While that won't go away overnight, it WILL dissipate after MS shows a committed focus on their primary consumer -- the gamer. After this year's E3, the hiring of Phil Spencer, and some key changes, they've shown that they've dug in their heels and intend to do just that.

So now, their biggest problem is the fanboy "movement" that seeks to perpetuate the past. There is a very large pocket of absolutely rabid Sony fanatics on the internet who are doing a desperate crusade against the console they see as a bigger threat to the Playstation. Sony doesn't even have to fork over any $$$ for the "24/7 always on duty fanboy" who works for their cause day in and day out. That's what MS is currently up against. They have a fine console. All they need is a strong, varied lineup of compelling software. It's the masses who love to jump on a bandwagon.

Sony fanboys are desperately trying to keep MS being viewed as the "ew" console among the casuals. They talk about power now, but the PS2 was the weakest console during the GC/PS2/XB gen. Before that, the PS1 was inferior to the N64 in terms of polygon processing and was obliterated by the Saturn when it came to 2D sprite handling. Xbox 360 outperformed the PS3 in like for like software nearly 80% of the time last gen. The hypocrisy from Sony fanatics never ceases to amaze. Sony consoles have been outperformed in every gen so far.

MS has to go balls to the wall in pursuit of developer support and exclusives. The games are crucial. Eventually, their console wouldn't be denied with the software to hold it up. The fanboys will still be trying to perpetuate the past. The same way George W. kept trying to remind people about WMDs in Iraq... until it was revealed that there weren't any.
#30blk911Posted 7/16/2014 1:58:07 AM
cheaper
Free online
Big budget exclusives ( GTA/COD) or both

All 3 only way to beat playstation.

VR may be the nail in the coffin for Xbox.