The console war is over, Xbox One is the new champion.

#71zxghostravenxzPosted 7/13/2014 7:31:43 PM
I've played MtG for many years now, I have quite the extensive collection dating all the way back to Ice Age expansions and even Mirage. I love the planeswalkers games, albeit I don't like the fact you can't customize your own decks. Many people say card games are boring and stupid, but they're also the most challenging, as you have to come up with constant strategies to defeat multiple types of decks. It's not a game you can just easily throw down a huge monster and think it'll win the game for you. It takes more thought than that, which is what most people don't understand. I've taught a lot of my friends many different strategies of magic, and they love playing the actual card game with me. MtG is for some, but it's not for all.
---
Why settle for 2 birds with one stone, when you can get a whole bunch with one hand grenade GT: zxGhostRavenxz
FC: 0877-0470-0429
#72Tsukasa1891Posted 7/13/2014 7:37:55 PM
RuinerEraser posted...
I firmly believe that Magic The Gathering 2015 will garner enough xbox one console sales to overtake Playstation by the holiday season.

(I'm just going to go with it now because people are insane)

That might of happened, if it weren't also being released on PC, IOS, Android, and the 360. But maybe you're right. Maybe this game will be the one to win the console war and finally bring the 360 ahead of the PS3 again.
---
I was going to post a long and well thought out message ending the argument in this topic, but it would of either been ignored or just go over your head.
#73phineasfoolPosted 7/13/2014 7:38:56 PM
zxghostravenxz posted...
I've played MtG for many years now, I have quite the extensive collection dating all the way back to Ice Age expansions and even Mirage. I love the planeswalkers games, albeit I don't like the fact you can't customize your own decks. Many people say card games are boring and stupid, but they're also the most challenging, as you have to come up with constant strategies to defeat multiple types of decks. It's not a game you can just easily throw down a huge monster and think it'll win the game for you. It takes more thought than that, which is what most people don't understand. I've taught a lot of my friends many different strategies of magic, and they love playing the actual card game with me. MtG is for some, but it's not for all.

I used to play back in the 90s. I found not thinking too much about your deck was better, at least for me. I won a number of tournaments thanks to people overthinking their decks too much. After I quit and sold off my collection I helped a friend build a deck that was like my main tournament deck and instead of just sticking with what I told him, he kept trying to add more complicated strategies and ruined the effectiveness of the deck.
---
XBLive - phineasfool
NNID - phineasfool
#74SupaflyGibsonPosted 7/13/2014 7:56:05 PM
I tried to get into MTG a couple summers ago. I love the game, but it requires a lot of time and money to be worthwhile. Like a lot of money.
---
gt: For Spartaa
#75Delta_F14Posted 7/13/2014 7:57:07 PM
lol @ consoles
---
Vault Dweller > All other Video game characters
#76InfinityOver0Posted 7/15/2014 3:09:29 PM
RuinerEraser posted...
InfinityOver0 posted...
RuinerEraser posted...
SupaflyGibson posted...
dnmt posted...
Pretty sure I can play Magic on PC as well, though.

But not on ps4, which is the entire point. And I love whenever a ps fanboy feels "threatened" he pulls out bloodbourne as the trumpcard. Get lives people.

Right? I was clearly being sarcastic about it as I am sure the majority of Sony console owners don't even care about Magic the Gathering.

Oh well, still can't wait! :D

that's stupid its skipping ps and nintendo, but thats a game i would rather play on pc anyway. it's funny you should say the majority of sony owners dont even care about mtg, which they probably dont, but given how x1 fans are mostly bro shooter fans, i think they care even less. maybe its just a timed exclusive

If you would have bothered to read this thread, Magic 2014 is one of the top live played games on 360, it's almost a million seller. So yeah that whole xbox users are bro shooter stereotype is bs.

you;re right, i didnt read all 50 previous posts. that's cool it's a million seller but ive always preferred the real thing or mtgo. i just dont like how you dont have complete control over your deck in the planeswalker series
---
Hoping for a Cosmos season 2
#77Mr_KillstreakPosted 7/15/2014 3:12:37 PM
I haven't heard of Magic in years, didn't know it was still popular.
#78RuinerEraser(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 3:56:15 PM
InfinityOver0 posted...

you;re right, i didnt read all 50 previous posts. that's cool it's a million seller but ive always preferred the real thing or mtgo. i just dont like how you dont have complete control over your deck in the planeswalker series

You have complete control in this years version, it's going to be epic. Build your own deck.
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)
#79InfinityOver0Posted 7/15/2014 6:14:32 PM
RuinerEraser posted...
InfinityOver0 posted...

You have complete control in this years version, it's going to be epic. Build your own deck.

well its about damn time. shouldve been that way from the start. many cards still wont be available and ive heard rumors of a pay to win model? in any case, glad it finally has more freedom
---
Hoping for a Cosmos season 2
#80Exodus_PrimePosted 7/16/2014 7:22:52 AM
The World Heavyweight champion?

---
---
"Trolls are the dudebros of Gamefaqs. They just don't realize it." - curtland
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita