Having constant problems with parties

#1GingaritoPosted 7/12/2014 9:51:43 AM
It's really starting irritate me. I never had any problems on 360 now half the time we can't hear each other or are getting kicked out. Is anyone else having problems?
---
Currently playing - Titanfall and its amazing.
Best games played last year: the last of us , tomb raider. MUFC hated adored never ignored.
#2Xeeh_BitzPosted 7/12/2014 10:01:32 AM
Why you guys keep getting kicked out of parties, you can't just grab every girl's ass at the party and expect nothing to happen.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#3wheelchairboyPosted 7/12/2014 10:07:46 AM
Do any of your party members have strict NAT's or multiple xbox one's in the house? I have 2 xbox ones and use them to play FPS together online at the same time. I know that if I am in a party with the other xbox one in my house any outside person that joins MUST have an open NAT or we won't be able to hear them, no matter what. I also don't know what the problem is but using Microsoft's dedicated servers is also out of the question with this particular setup. I can run parties in COD just fine, but when my two Xbox's try to play Titanfall we can only talk (either in a party or in game chat) until the match starts to load. Once the match loads we can no longer talk. I have to use skype if I want to talk to friends and play Titanfall at the same time. Very annoying.
---
"These wheels are made for rollin', and that's just what they'll do, and one of these days these wheels are gonna roll all over you!" :)
#4CapwnDPosted 7/12/2014 10:29:28 AM
wheelchairboy posted...
Do any of your party members have strict NAT's or multiple xbox one's in the house? I have 2 xbox ones and use them to play FPS together online at the same time. I know that if I am in a party with the other xbox one in my house any outside person that joins MUST have an open NAT or we won't be able to hear them, no matter what. I also don't know what the problem is but using Microsoft's dedicated servers is also out of the question with this particular setup. I can run parties in COD just fine, but when my two Xbox's try to play Titanfall we can only talk (either in a party or in game chat) until the match starts to load. Once the match loads we can no longer talk. I have to use skype if I want to talk to friends and play Titanfall at the same time. Very annoying.

That is pretty much what I was going to ask him, if there's more than one Xbox in the house (for example, an Xbox 360 and an Xbox One). I have help on multiple xbox setups here:
http://s1.zetaboards.com/FewGoodMen/topic/4258282/1/#new

That, and if the modem is actually a modem and not a gateway. If it's a gateway, then you shouldn't be using a router along with it unless you don't have the connection from the gateway plugged into the WAN port of the router. It should be plugged into one of the 4 LAN ports. Or better yet, the gateway should be bridged, then you can plug the gateway into the WAN port of the router. Or even better, buy a modem and get rid of the crappy gateway, and you'll probably get a few dollars knocked off your internet bill every month.

So if anybody wants more help, post the model number of their modem and if they're also using a router, and post the number of xboxes (both Xbox one and Xbox 360) on that connection.
---
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!
#5Gingarito(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2014 11:47:19 AM
wheelchairboy posted...

Yeah there is 2 of us. Maybe that's the problem. Cheers
---
Currently playing - Titanfall and its amazing.
Best games played last year: the last of us , tomb raider. MUFC hated adored never ignored.
#6wheelchairboyPosted 7/12/2014 11:48:01 AM
I would love some help. I have one of those crappy 2wire modem/gateway things from U-verse and it is driving me crazy. I don't think it supports 2 xbox ones at the same time, but I don't know what I can do or buy to replace it.
---
"These wheels are made for rollin', and that's just what they'll do, and one of these days these wheels are gonna roll all over you!" :)
#7Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 7/12/2014 11:59:13 AM
don't get belligerently drunk
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#8CapwnDPosted 7/12/2014 10:33:30 PM
wheelchairboy posted...
I would love some help. I have one of those crappy 2wire modem/gateway things from U-verse and it is driving me crazy. I don't think it supports 2 xbox ones at the same time, but I don't know what I can do or buy to replace it.

You're right, there's not much that can be done. I don't believe that you can use just a modem and your own router. They want you to use that gateway. Are you also using a router? Or just that gateway. If you're also using a router, then do what I said above and don't have anything plugged into the WAN port, plug the gateway into one of the LAN ports.

You could try some of the stuff I posted in the link above, such as putting one of the xboxes in the DMZ. Or, if you don't have both xboxes on at the same time, you could clone the MAC address of either xbox so that they're the same MAC address, and forward ports to that MAC address.
---
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!