Why does Killer Instinct bring back old fighters as DLC?

#1Road_Kill_666Posted 7/12/2014 1:00:40 PM
I wanted to get a fighter but this one seems like its got a super small roster with old fighters coming back very staggered like the game won't be complete till after 2 or 3 seasons of DLC.
Am i looking at this wrong of is this really just an incomplete fighter?
#2gohoanqPosted 7/12/2014 1:02:34 PM
It's bringing back old fighters as DLC because they aren't complete yet and are released when ready.. Not really sure what you don't like about it lol It's a "free to play" fighter with basically a season pass like any other game lately to "complete" the package.
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.
#3Combo626Posted 7/12/2014 1:05:16 PM
Road_Kill_666 posted...
I wanted to get a fighter but this one seems like its got a super small roster with old fighters coming back very staggered like the game won't be complete till after 2 or 3 seasons of DLC.

Yes, you are.
---
PREPARE FOR BATTTTTLLEEEE! - Frieza/Shao Kahn
#4IroncondorzPosted 7/12/2014 2:12:19 PM
Road_Kill_666 posted...

Yes it is incomplete in the sense they never want it to be complete. They are trying a different method to selling the game compared to something like Street Fighter. With SF4 you have all of these different editions and you need to buy the latest one to "keep up" with the community and get the new features. All of the old ones you bought become essentially worthless.

With KI you just buy the season upgrades or even single characters and it adds to the base you already have. So people who are playing the free version or anything more can continue playing with what they have. Yes they want you to keep on buying stuff forever, but so does Capcom. This way is actually a smart idea as those who may not normally keep on upgrading will still be able to taste the new stuff. Also, the overall community has a better chance at staying large(r).

It is DLC, but a little different than buying DLC for a game that will be obsolete later. They want to keep building the game in the future. Not sure if it will catch on, but it is an interesting idea.
#5Megamushroom666Posted 7/12/2014 2:14:09 PM
Cause $
---
www.snackeroo.com
Carmina Burana: youtu.be/fUiEjLwZbTY