Why do publishers continue to push CE games into having giant boxes?

#11AlexanaxelaPosted 7/12/2014 5:46:30 PM
*buys collectors edition that comes with extra stuff*
*complains it comes with too much stuff and the box is too big*
---
No matter what happened in the past, it has all worked together to bring you to this very moment. And this is the moment you can choose to make everything new.
#12Laylow12Posted 7/12/2014 5:48:03 PM
Crystyn_7B posted...
Laylow12 posted...
I always buy the limited edition for nearly every release and the limited edition strat guide. I feel your pain TC. Im looking for a bigger house right now and my wife is like "you're just gonna fill this one with videogame crap too"! Im like, nah but so far I have filled a considerable sized room up. If they make a show for videogame hoarders, I'd be a perfect example.

I realize it's not healthy but can't help myself. A good amount aren't even opened yet, so potential for selling some exists. (who am I kidding, i doubt people would want to buy them but you never know).

Don't you have a basement?

Yes, I do but its set up as an entertainment space with a bar, tables and couches. The only place for them is upstairs in my computer room.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#13Crystyn_7BPosted 7/12/2014 6:00:16 PM
Laylow12 posted...
Crystyn_7B posted...
Laylow12 posted...
I always buy the limited edition for nearly every release and the limited edition strat guide. I feel your pain TC. Im looking for a bigger house right now and my wife is like "you're just gonna fill this one with videogame crap too"! Im like, nah but so far I have filled a considerable sized room up. If they make a show for videogame hoarders, I'd be a perfect example.

I realize it's not healthy but can't help myself. A good amount aren't even opened yet, so potential for selling some exists. (who am I kidding, i doubt people would want to buy them but you never know).

Yes, I do but its set up as an entertainment space with a bar, tables and couches. The only place for them is upstairs in my computer room.

Well that's pretty rad but were do you put all the other crap then? Our basement is filled to the brink with tools, bicycles, various winter gear, hiking, etc. despite having a garage as well as 3 floors to put stuff in.
#14aszsithPosted 7/12/2014 6:09:48 PM
Crystyn_7B posted...
Laylow12 posted...

Believe it or not, there are many places where basements are not possible. Florida, for example. It rains too much and basements would flood because of the low elevation. Oh, and there is the lack of solid ground below much of the state due to a huge aquifer. You can't dig too far down in some places without opening a sinkhole.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#15Cal873Posted 7/12/2014 7:16:15 PM
aszsith posted...
Crystyn_7B posted...
Laylow12 posted...

Believe it or not, there are many places where basements are not possible. Florida, for example. It rains too much and basements would flood because of the low elevation. Oh, and there is the lack of solid ground below much of the state due to a huge aquifer. You can't dig too far down in some places without opening a sinkhole.

I would love to have grown up with a basement. Not very possible in Louisiana.
---
Gamertag: LeB1anc
PSN: TheLeBlanc
#16Laylow12Posted 7/12/2014 7:34:52 PM
Crystyn_7B posted...
Laylow12 posted...
Crystyn_7B posted...
Laylow12 posted...

Well that's pretty rad but were do you put all the other crap then? Our basement is filled to the brink with tools, bicycles, various winter gear, hiking, etc. despite having a garage as well as 3 floors to put stuff in.

I have two houses and one of them I have a huge pole-barn type garage because my father (who's deceased) worked on street rods and had a lift and four cars. The houses are only a couple miles apart so until I sell one or rent it out, that's my storage solution. Im not bragging as these are just three bedroom brick ranches with basements but the one house has an acre of land and the large garage.

---
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#17Laylow12Posted 7/12/2014 7:41:45 PM
Cal873 posted...
aszsith posted...
Crystyn_7B posted...
Laylow12 posted...

I would love to have grown up with a basement. Not very possible in Louisiana.

Basements are awesome growing up. You can bring girls down there and have fun without getting caught.

---