Microsoft has said the modding for games is left up to the dev

#1VoidBeyondPosted 7/12/2014 1:40:25 PM
You think Bethesda allow for next Elder Scrolls/Fall Out 4?
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//Steam: Soontowait
FC: 2981-6641-9175//NNID: RaptorCats//Origin: SecondcityTakk
#2VoidBeyond(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2014 1:42:42 PM
For any who ask http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/1izk09/now_that_any_xbox_one_can_be_used_as_a_dev_kit_it/cb9tarf
---
#3BilliePilgrimPosted 7/12/2014 1:44:54 PM
Unless the console versions can ship with the creation kit, I doubt you'll see any mods.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.2| Corsair H60 | EVGA GTX 670 | MSI P67A-GD55 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | Fractal Design Define XL | 750W PSU
http://i.imgur.com/9bAOZZq.jpg
#4Foxx3kPosted 7/12/2014 2:41:09 PM
No I don't think that will happen.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#5VoidBeyond(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2014 2:49:09 PM
Care to explain why?
---
#6BilliePilgrimPosted 7/12/2014 2:57:31 PM
People work for free on mods, the dedicated community for that is on PC. Nevermind all the hurdles and hoop MS would put in the way of the dev trying to distribute mods. Plus, being able to develop your own game is very different from creating a mod for a game. You probably aren't aware, but there was a gap between the release of Skyrim and the release of its creation kit. During that time, mods were sparse and not particularly in depth. It was pretty much custom .ini files and texture replacements.

But really, that's all moot. MS would require some level of control over what mods end up becoming available and that's where this whole argument falls apart. Modding isn't about having some shadowy third party censor your gaming experience, and as such relies on free and open distribution. Something that has never, and will never exist on consoles.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.2| Corsair H60 | EVGA GTX 670 | MSI P67A-GD55 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | Fractal Design Define XL | 750W PSU
http://i.imgur.com/9bAOZZq.jpg
#7Laylow12Posted 7/12/2014 2:59:38 PM
BilliePilgrim posted...
People work for free on mods, the dedicated community for that is on PC. Nevermind all the hurdles and hoop MS would put in the way of the dev trying to distribute mods. Plus, being able to develop your own game is very different from creating a mod for a game. You probably aren't aware, but there was a gap between the release of Skyrim and the release of its creation kit. During that time, mods were sparse and not particularly in depth. It was pretty much custom .ini files and texture replacements.

But really, that's all moot. MS would require some level of control over what mods end up becoming available and that's where this whole argument falls apart. Modding isn't about having some shadowy third party censor your gaming experience, and as such relies on free and open distribution. Something that has never, and will never exist on consoles.

All this and more reasons. It's not going to happen unless we get a Game Genie and there's no cartridge slot for one. =\

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#8agentspoonPosted 7/12/2014 5:01:09 PM
If I remember correctly Todd Howard of Bethesda said that it is possible to play Mods on consoles and that they have played some to test it but MS/Sony wont allow it.

They want to open Modding to consoles, they can see the life it brings to their games but they are not allowed.
---
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!
#9crynryanPosted 7/12/2014 5:12:27 PM
While it won't exactly be like mods on PC, I can see things like extra levels, weapons, characters and such becoming available to create for consoles. Actual modding is taking parts of the original game and changing it, which won't likely happen since people could make it easier to unlock achievements or be able to make themselves invincible in online games.

All they'll likely do, is release their level editor. You create a level, upload it to Microsoft or the developers' site, they bugtest it and make sure it works and doesn't crash anything, and then release to the public.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#10Golden MavenPosted 7/12/2014 5:14:08 PM
crynryan posted...
You create a level, upload it to Microsoft or the developers' site, they bugtest it and make sure it works and doesn't crash anything, and then release to the public.

Not gonna happen.