Big game changer for XBone--->Free MP. Will it attract more gamers?

#1KMacz31Posted 7/12/2014 3:42:32 PM
Recently MS made Netflix access free. They took that huge paywall down. What if they took down MP paywall? Would that make the Xbone even more attractive? Will it provide the needed boost to garner more gamers?
#2x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 7/12/2014 3:45:41 PM
Probably not becausethe subscription fee is to help pay for the maintenance. PSN became much better now that its paid too. I'd rather pay a fee and have good service rather than free and be like PS3.
#3KMacz31(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2014 3:52:18 PM
I get your point, but for the average prospective buyers, would they really care? Wouldn't they jump on the side w/ free MP? Microsoft has got to do something drastic.
#4x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 7/12/2014 3:53:15 PM
KMacz31 posted...
I get your point, but for the average prospective buyers, would they really care? Wouldn't they jump on the side w/ free MP? Microsoft has got to do something drastic.

You gain the casuals but lose the die hard. Doesn't sound like Microsoft can win by doing this unless the service doesn't take a hit.
#5SupaflyGibsonPosted 7/12/2014 3:56:23 PM
KMacz31 posted...
Recently MS made Netflix access free. They took that huge paywall down. What if they took down MP paywall? Would that make the Xbone even more attractive? Will it provide the needed boost to garner more gamers?

Those dedicated servers don't pay for themselves.
---
gt: For Spartaa
#6KMacz31(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2014 4:19:06 PM
At this point, MS can lose $ on servers (which can be made up from $ from other divisions) or they can lose customers' interest. I think the latter is harder to regain than the former. Plus apple does iCloud for free. If you're gonna take a hit somewhere, don't let it be customers' interests. I think they gotta do something big. Cuz right now, they're behind nintendo wii U, and Wii U just got their jolt of momentum and comeback.
#7leatheljPosted 7/12/2014 4:44:28 PM
Look some ppl are so sour and bitter it dosent matter what Microsoft do ppl will spin It into a negative and call it desparate like the free 75$ Credit with upgrading to xb1 or Unbundleing kinect they will all call it desparate and troll even tho it's what gamers wanted and asked for.
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#8aszsithPosted 7/12/2014 4:50:04 PM
It never makes sense in business to cater to people who are not your customers at the expense of the service you offer to your loyal, paying customer base. In the end you won't win those new people and you'll lose the ones you had.

What Microsoft should do is stay the course and not worry about what bored Internet kids have to say while on summer vacation during the annual gaming drought.

Taking the fee away from Live won't draw in new customers. It will simply cut off a much needed revenue stream.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#9zachokPosted 7/12/2014 5:04:04 PM
aszsith posted...
Taking the fee away from Live won't draw in new customers. It will simply cut off a much needed revenue stream.

Honestly, It probably would bring in new customers, however those wouldn't be paying customers so that revenue stream is still cut...
#10LooksLikeRainPosted 7/12/2014 5:07:07 PM
KMacz31 posted...

Is 5 million consoles and counting, this early in the generation, a failure to you? MS is fine.
---
Hatred outlives the hateful.