Big game changer for XBone--->Free MP. Will it attract more gamers?

#21KMacz31(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2014 3:45:15 PM
ht02135 posted...
KMacz31 posted...
Recently MS made Netflix access free. They took that huge paywall down. What if they took down MP paywall? Would that make the Xbone even more attractive? Will it provide the needed boost to garner more gamers?

no, i doubt microsoft will do it. i doubt microsoft will do it permanently. if mp paywall is not down permanently, then it is meaningless.

even if they say they gonna do it now, what will prevent them backtrack? microsoft is known to do 180, 180, 180 again and again to screw gaming community.

I agree they may go back on it...but at this moment, they need to do something drastic. This lead is problematic and gotta win back the hearts and minds sooner rather than later
#22orestes1981Posted 7/14/2014 4:16:41 PM
leathelj posted...
Look some ppl are so sour and bitter it dosent matter what Microsoft do ppl will spin It into a negative and call it desparate like the free 75$ Credit with upgrading to xb1 or Unbundleing kinect they will all call it desparate and troll even tho it's what gamers wanted and asked for.

It is desperate. The fact that you cannot accept that doesn't make it any less desperate. They are trying to entice buyers to pick it up, but it seems that it is still not having the positive effect. It is too little, too late. People already know the PS4 is more powerful, and only people that want to own the Xbox One for exclusives will pick it up.

The camera and the price may have turned off people. Now, it is the fact that it is the same price as the PS4, but the $399 model does so much less. Any benefits from Kinect 2.0? Gone. Now, people will see the system for what it really is....a less capable PS4. At least with the PS4, you can buy a camera that works almost as well, and it is a lot cheaper.
---
Cappin' thine enemy is not exactly something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher
#23KMacz31(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2014 6:11:27 PM
If they make gold free, They need to point out that the PS4 is gonna cost you several hundreds more in addition to 400+ tax (~430)-->600, 700 for multiplayer. Makes PS4 the worst choice.
#24pnut3844Posted 7/14/2014 6:14:35 PM
Wait, if they made MP free, then why would you even need to pay for live at all?
#25ShadowNinja87Posted 7/14/2014 6:19:15 PM
LooksLikeRain posted...
KMacz31 posted...
I get your point, but for the average prospective buyers, would they really care? Wouldn't they jump on the side w/ free MP? Microsoft has got to do something drastic.

Is 5 million consoles and counting, this early in the generation, a failure to you? MS is fine.

It's a failure when your competitor is at 9 million and your still stuck at 5 million.
#26KMacz31(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2014 6:24:23 PM
I want MS to do better, and it's better not to be complacent at 3rd place is all im saying. MP is the biggest trump card they got right now. Yes theres sunset over drive and some other games (which i can't even remember). But I think at this time, software alone can't be the main deciding factor. It helps, but you need more.
#27leatheljPosted 7/14/2014 6:26:02 PM
orestes1981 posted...
leathelj posted...
Look some ppl are so sour and bitter it dosent matter what Microsoft do ppl will spin It into a negative and call it desparate like the free 75$ Credit with upgrading to xb1 or Unbundleing kinect they will all call it desparate and troll even tho it's what gamers wanted and asked for.

It is desperate. The fact that you cannot accept that doesn't make it any less desperate. They are trying to entice buyers to pick it up, but it seems that it is still not having the positive effect. It is too little, too late. People already know the PS4 is more powerful, and only people that want to own the Xbox One for exclusives will pick it up.

The camera and the price may have turned off people. Now, it is the fact that it is the same price as the PS4, but the $399 model does so much less. Any benefits from Kinect 2.0? Gone. Now, people will see the system for what it really is....a less capable PS4. At least with the PS4, you can buy a camera that works almost as well, and it is a lot cheaper.

Disagree agree with every thing you said but hey it's your opinion and your entitled to it. Not gona fight with you. Haters gonna hate tho.
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#28phoenix9291Posted 7/14/2014 6:29:54 PM
pnut3844 posted...
Wait, if they made MP free, then why would you even need to pay for live at all?

This. It would be a terrible business decision! They could make it $40 or maybe $30 but not free. That would be be a HUGE loss of income.
---
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup
#29KMacz31(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2014 6:59:59 PM
phoenix9291 posted...
pnut3844 posted...

This. It would be a terrible business decision! They could make it $40 or maybe $30 but not free. That would be be a HUGE loss of income.

I think being in 3rd place warrants losing some profit to win the hearts and minds.
#30phoenix9291Posted 7/14/2014 7:05:06 PM
KMacz31 posted...
phoenix9291 posted...
pnut3844 posted...

I think being in 3rd place warrants losing some profit to win the hearts and minds.

No it really wouldn't. The Xbox One hasn't even been out a year yet. It won't necessarily be behind the Wii U the entire time. Losing the income from Live would be a huge loss and a bad business decision which I have already stated.
You are either trolling, based on the hearts and minds comment, or you have a pretty poor sense of business.
---
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup