Crytek are in big financial troubles, no paid salaries!! MS or Sony must step in

#1the_real_onePosted 7/12/2014 4:40:48 PM
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/07/sources-crytek-still-facing-issues-as-homefront-director-leaves/

The subject is sad for such talented studio, I was thinking to take this subject to another direction but this is sad...specially when you hear about people leaving because they didn't get their salaries for long time.

I blame their rush on Crysis 3 and maybe Ryse on this.
Either they had multiple projects failed to meet the break even or they expanded massively without proper plan!
---
In the entire games industry, Nintendo has done the best job of managing their franchises in the long term. EGM
#2Crystyn_7BPosted 7/12/2014 4:53:11 PM
Ryse was commissioned by MS...

I guess publishers are waiting for them to be liquidated to get their IPs for cheap.
#3leatheljPosted 7/12/2014 4:55:26 PM
It's more there engine then there game no one is buying or useing there engine. ms paid them 100% for ryse. But no one wants to use there engine Microsoft wanted a ryse 2 and was willing to pay tons of money for it but they wanted the rights to ryse crytek refused and left now there just a sinking ship. I honestly think they should swallow there pride and reaccept the deal with Microsoft and ryse 2 so they can get paid! Sony and Nintendo don't even seem interested in crytek unfortunately.
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#4Foxx3kPosted 7/12/2014 4:57:12 PM
the_real_one posted...
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/07/sources-crytek-still-facing-issues-as-homefront-director-leaves/

The subject is sad for such talented studio, I was thinking to take this subject to another direction but this is sad...specially when you hear about people leaving because they didn't get their salaries for long time.

Either they had multiple projects failed to meet the break even or they expanded massively without proper plan!

Talented? They keep making pretty games that play terribly and run worse.

I have empathy for the people, but the products are bottom tier.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#5ht02135Posted 7/12/2014 6:07:01 PM
oh oh, home front will probably be dead
#6cloudtheprophetPosted 7/13/2014 12:25:25 AM
Doesn't Crytek have a deal with EA? Why does MS or Sony have to save them?
---
NNID: cloudtheprophet Xbox Live: Cloudtheprophet
http://youtu.be/SiMHTK15Pik
#7Millertime660Posted 7/13/2014 12:27:24 AM
Foxx3k posted...
the_real_one posted...

Bottom tier? That seems a bit harsh to me.
#8shauntenninePosted 7/13/2014 1:24:14 AM
Sony or Microsoft must step in? This is the free market at work. Meaning good products/companies prosper and continue on with business while lousy products/companies don't sell and then disappear.

Why must Sony or Microsoft interfere with that?
#9Auction SniperPosted 7/13/2014 2:36:17 AM
I bet that their properties will get bought up much in the same as what happened to THQ.
---
"Sleep is for babies, gamers play all night!" - Thomas Falsetta
#10MasteroftheArtsPosted 7/13/2014 4:36:46 AM
Foxx3k posted...
the_real_one posted...

No, they make pretty games that play wonderfully and run terribly.

CryEngine is doomed to failure because it sucks at the one thing that determines whether an engine is adopted by developers; its flexibility and optimization. In this regard, CryTek's engine is absolutely dreadful. Crysis 3 is an excellent example of how terrible the CryEngine can be optimized. Possibly the only other engine that can compare to its terrible optimization is Metro's 4A Engine which crawls even with the best graphics cards, and despises AMD.

Meanwhile, the Unreal Engine is picked up by games like Tribes: Ascend, Kinect Adventures, Dungeon Defenders, DC Universe Online, and Unreal Tournament 3; 5 games that are completely different in gameplay and graphical style and quality.
---
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."