The Witcher 3 drops below 20fps on Xbox One

#41MeghiddoPosted 7/12/2014 5:49:41 PM
RuinerEraser posted...
I remember when I used to game on an Atari and it was the greatest thing ever, now we have all these young little stuck up fart sniffers who moan about frame rates and resolution like it somehow matters.

Entitled little buggers.

I have played games since then too, but don't try to act like those things don't matter...
Resolution, maybe not as much, but frame rate in modern games?
How can you act as if that does not matter??
I agree that judging the witcher 3 based on this footage for the bone is being premature, but come on. Frame rate matters, a lot. 25 or so is the bare minimum, anything below that just looks and plays terribly in modern games. Hell even something like galaga needs at least that
---
Currently playing - doctor, with your mom
Not changing this sig until you die. June 7 2014
#42rx54(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2014 5:50:18 PM(edited)
archibald3 posted...
The fact that neither your topic nor your post makes any reference to this being an unfinished build of the game is deceiving and suggests that you have an agenda. In fact your post is worded to make it seem like this is evidence that the Xbox One will become less powerful over time which is ridiculous. You can deny it all you want but it kind of destroys your credibility. Nevermind that the full analysis article says this :

On that note, performance of the E3 Xbox One build is very encouraging, having been designed with a 30fps target in mind. Unlike The Witcher 2 on 360, we're pleased to see a permanent v-sync in place to avoid tearing. A potential stress-point for the engine is in combat, where we detect stutters down to the mid-20fps range - the additional development time CDPR gave itself should hopefully see optimisation efforts implemented to level out the frame-rate.

I wasn't aware I had to announce that The Witcher 3 wasn't out...
Thought that was pretty obvious.
Also, if it makes you feel any better about my comment that the Xbox One will only get weaker, so will the PS4. Every single generation of consoles get weaker as time goes on

I also said in post #10 that we'll see how it actually is when it is released.
That very youtube channel will do a follow up, and they will release probably 10 videos in a day of The Witcher 3 doing numerous tests on all platforms. It's what they do.
---
PSN - Hunched
Your posts are worthless because they are digital
#43MeghiddoPosted 7/12/2014 5:56:24 PM
rx54 posted...
Every single generation of consoles get weaker as time goes on

What the hell are you talking about? You can't be referring to the graphical quality of games. That objectively gets better and better within a generation
---
#44rx54(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2014 6:03:40 PM
Meghiddo posted...
rx54 posted...

What the hell are you talking about? You can't be referring to the graphical quality of games. That objectively gets better and better within a generation

Jesus.
Both the PS4 and Xbox One are going to be exactly as powerful as they are now forever.
Games will continue becoming more and more demanding on the hardware, and the hardware will not correspond by increasing in power.
PC hardware does the same thing, it gets old and worse at running newer games.

At the end of the PS3 and 360 generation, games were struggling to even function on the consoles at 720p 30fps.
Sure they looked a lot better than the games at the start of the generation, but they could barely run, when the games at the beginning of the generation run very well.

This generation just started, and already the Xbox One is struggling like it's 5 years in.
If anyone thinks games are going to be running at higher framerates and resolutions than they are now in 5 years, they're dumb.

Both the PS4 and Xbox One will be running games at lower resolutions and framerates as the years go by, exactly like every generation before it.

Hardware stays the same.
Software starts needing more demaning hardware.

Is this everyones first console generation or something?
The consoles hardware are at its freshest, their newest, their peak.

Can't believe people think the Xbox One is going to be the first piece of technology ever made that improves as time goes forward or something.
---
PSN - Hunched
#45RuinerEraserPosted 7/12/2014 6:06:58 PM
Meghiddo posted...
RuinerEraser posted...
I remember when I used to game on an Atari and it was the greatest thing ever, now we have all these young little stuck up fart sniffers who moan about frame rates and resolution like it somehow matters.

Entitled little buggers.

I have played games since then too, but don't try to act like those things don't matter...
Resolution, maybe not as much, but frame rate in modern games?
How can you act as if that does not matter??
I agree that judging the witcher 3 based on this footage for the bone is being premature, but come on. Frame rate matters, a lot. 25 or so is the bare minimum, anything below that just looks and plays terribly in modern games. Hell even something like galaga needs at least that

I'm talking about the ones who cry over 10 fps. I get it that fps matter in the grand scheme of things. The arguments that happen on this board don't matter.
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)
#46MeghiddoPosted 7/12/2014 6:14:31 PM(edited)
rx54 posted...
Meghiddo posted...
rx54 posted...

Jesus.
Both the PS4 and Xbox One are going to be exactly as powerful as they are now forever.
Games will continue becoming more and more demanding on the hardware, and the hardware will not correspond by increasing in power.

At the end of the PS3 and 360 generation, games were struggling to even function on the consoles at 720p 30fps.
Sure they looked a lot better than the games at the start of the generation, but they could barely run, when the games at the beginning of the generation run very well.

This generation just started, and already the Xbox One is struggling like it's 5 years in.
If anyone thinks games are going to be running at higher framerates and resolutions than they are now in 5 years, they're dumb.

Both the PS4 and Xbox One will be running games at lower resolutions and framerates as the years go by, exactly like every generation before it.

Hardware stays the same.

Can't believe people think the Xbox One is going to be the first piece of technology ever made that improves as time goes forward or something.

Lmao, you know that is not what you were implying.
And even if you were, first you say "consoles get weaker as time goes on", yet now you claim "Both the PS4 and Xbox One are going to be exactly as powerful as they are now forever."

By the way,the graphical quality in games is not solely a function of the hardware's power. You also have to consider game devs learning how to use the hardware in more efficient ways as time goes on.
I don't know what games you play, but the ones I play look better and maintain frame rate as time goes on
---
#47p3r0x1d3Posted 7/12/2014 6:09:14 PM
def trading in my x1 for a ps4 now, this just made me make up my mind, i can't believe i was suckered by ms into thinking i was buying a next gen console.

x1 is a joke.
#48rx54(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2014 6:13:16 PM
Meghiddo posted...
rx54 posted...
Meghiddo posted...
rx54 posted...

Jesus.

Hardware stays the same.

And even if you were, first you say "consoles get weaker as time goes on", yet now you claim "Both the PS4 and Xbox One are going to be exactly as powerful as they are now forever."

THE HARDWARE IN THE PS4 AND XBOX ONE WILL NEVER BE MORE POWERFUL THAN IT IS THIS VERY SECOND.
Exactly how the hardware in the 360 and PS3 will be exactly the same in 500 years from now...

It's the software, aka games if you can't figure that one out, that get more and more demanding, as the hardware stays the same, "making" the hardware weaker over time in comparison to what the products demand...

The software gets more and more demanding.
The hardware does not get more and more powerful.

I can't believe I have to explain this.
---
PSN - Hunched
#49MeghiddoPosted 7/12/2014 6:20:52 PM(edited)
rx54 posted...
Meghiddo posted...
rx54 posted...
Meghiddo posted...
rx54 posted...

Jesus.

Hardware stays the same.

THE HARDWARE IN THE PS4 AND XBOX ONE WILL NEVER BE MORE POWERFUL THAN IT IS THIS VERY SECOND.
Exactly how the hardware in the 360 and PS3 will be exactly the same in 500 years from now...

It's the software, aka games if you can't figure that one out, that get more and more demanding, as the hardware stays the same, "making" the hardware weaker over time in comparison to what the products demand...

The software gets more and more demanding.
The hardware does not get more and more powerful.

I can't believe I have to explain this.

You are still contradicting your original statement
the graphical quality in games is not solely a function of the hardware's power. You also have to consider game devs learning how to use the hardware in more efficient ways as time goes on.
I don't know what games you play, but the ones I play look better and maintain frame rate as time goes on.
I am done arguing with someone who resorts to belittling others when they disagree, not worth the keystrokes
---
#50harcoreblazerPosted 7/12/2014 6:35:20 PM
The game isn't out until next year and people are already analyzing the framerate?

How about waiting until release?
---
PSN/Steam = retrohunter95.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS4HQWWuqP8&feature=youtu.be