The Witcher 3 drops below 20fps on Xbox One

#51MurryEB_Alt1Posted 7/12/2014 7:39:31 PM
MurryEB_Alt1 posted...
You're right, it's current gen.

You understand the point. don't skirt.

And unacceptable. But if you want 20-10 FPS on a 2015 NEW-generation of games. That's your low standards.

But I don't wear skirts
---
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite sig on the Citadel
#52TheCyborgNinjaPosted 7/12/2014 7:39:50 PM
ITT: games look worse the longer a console is out.

I totally forgot how terrible The Last of Us looks compared to Genji: Days of the Blade.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#53LooksLikeRainPosted 7/12/2014 7:40:08 PM
I can't tell if TC is trolling or actually believes what he's posting. For his sake, I hope he's trolling.
---
Hatred outlives the hateful.
#54rx54(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2014 7:42:48 PM
TheCyborgNinja posted...
ITT: games look worse the longer a console is out.

I totally forgot how terrible The Last of Us looks compared to Genji: Days of the Blade.

Who said that?
They clearly don't know what they're talking about, games look better and better as time goes on, they just get harder and harder to run.
---
PSN - Hunched
Your posts are worthless because they are digital
#55acrylick42Posted 7/12/2014 7:46:36 PM
#notsurprised
---
Enchantment?
Enchantment!
#56DeadLock25Posted 7/12/2014 7:48:21 PM
TC, whatever you are trying to say with "Consoles get weaker with time" is simply incorrect.

Consoles do not change as time goes on, you said this yourself. This means they do not get stronger, nor do they get weaker.

Games however become more demanding on the hardware that becomes more outdated (maybe thats what you meant?) but they are still improving because developers become more familiar with the hardware and find new techniques to develop better looking and more content rich games. We have countless examples of games becoming better as time goes on despite the hardware not improving at all.
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244
#57a687947Posted 7/12/2014 7:55:03 PM
BushidoEffect3 posted...
reassurance. Next you know you will defend 10 FPS dips on a 2015 xbone game. not "next gen" at all.

What about nearly 30fps dips in ps4 games? Is that acceptable?
#58unclekoolaid73Posted 7/12/2014 7:59:01 PM
Yep im getting a PS4 Destiny bundle and i'll never buy another multiplat on the ONE. Its simply for exclusives now, its going to be as dusty as my PS3 was last generation.
#59drfirepantsPosted 7/12/2014 7:59:10 PM
rx54 posted...
archibald3 posted...
The fact that neither your topic nor your post makes any reference to this being an unfinished build of the game is deceiving and suggests that you have an agenda. In fact your post is worded to make it seem like this is evidence that the Xbox One will become less powerful over time which is ridiculous. You can deny it all you want but it kind of destroys your credibility. Nevermind that the full analysis article says this :

On that note, performance of the E3 Xbox One build is very encouraging, having been designed with a 30fps target in mind. Unlike The Witcher 2 on 360, we're pleased to see a permanent v-sync in place to avoid tearing. A potential stress-point for the engine is in combat, where we detect stutters down to the mid-20fps range - the additional development time CDPR gave itself should hopefully see optimisation efforts implemented to level out the frame-rate.

I wasn't aware I had to announce that The Witcher 3 wasn't out...
Thought that was pretty obvious.
Also, if it makes you feel any better about my comment that the Xbox One will only get weaker, so will the PS4. Every single generation of consoles get weaker as time goes on

I also said in post #10 that we'll see how it actually is when it is released.
That very youtube channel will do a follow up, and they will release probably 10 videos in a day of The Witcher 3 doing numerous tests on all platforms. It's what they do.

So why didn't you save the initial post for when the game is actually released and they did their follow up tests. Why would you expect a uncompleted game, many months away from release to be running top notch? The only reason why you wouldn't is if you has some kind of agenda. A pathetic agenda from a pathetic small person. Not surprising though, it's what I've come to expect from the sony fanbase. You represent them well.
#60vigorm0rtisPosted 7/12/2014 8:03:46 PM
Laylow12 posted...
RuinerEraser posted...
I remember when I used to game on an Atari and it was the greatest thing ever, now we have all these young little stuck up fart sniffers who moan about frame rates and resolution like it somehow matters.

Entitled little buggers.

When you have two products that cost the same and one runs better looking games EVERY TIME, you would be foolish to settle for less games all the time for years and years. Video games isn't a cheap hobby and people want the most they can for their money, nothing wrong with that.

Now if the weaker product were cheaper and games cheaper, then you have presented the consumer with a real choice; pay more for better quality of the same games or pay less but settle for less quality. That would be one way to address the quality issue fairly for the consumer.

Why are you here, Laylow? You didn't strike me as a contrarian.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif