Which is more impressive, Mortal Kombat X or Killer Instinct?

#21MightyMunaPosted 7/13/2014 8:26:59 AM
Even though I'm not a fan of Mortal Kombat, I prefer it to Killer Instinct. KI has no gameplay. People are just enamoured with its colorful combos.

Street Fighter, Tekken and Guilty Gear remain king.
#22DvoloS88Posted 7/13/2014 10:05:27 AM
I'm sorry but I gotta say KI. MK X is just more of the same as far as I'm concerned now with new characters and 3 fighting styles you can only change in character selection. It's still the same old 1 2 3 hit combo game play that requires master input memory for anything more than 3 hit moves. MK has/will have more content but KI plays better no doubt...
---
Microsoft fans and Sony fans, can't we all just get along?...
#23ExempliGratiaPosted 7/13/2014 12:21:28 PM
MightyMuna posted...
Even though I'm not a fan of Mortal Kombat, I prefer it to Killer Instinct. KI has no gameplay. People are just enamoured with its colorful combos.

Please watch evo right now to see high level play. You're clearly mistaken.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#24MightyMunaPosted 7/13/2014 3:16:25 PM
ExempliGratia posted...
MightyMuna posted...

I watched it. Not impressed. MK has far better gameplay in my opinion.
#25mokmuudPosted 7/13/2014 3:25:18 PM
Jiggy101011 posted...
mokmuud posted...
We'll with MK I get a whole game from the start.

I know you are just doing it to troll but don't try to pass off incorrect information to others. You can either buy each individual character or you can buy the full game. It has been like this from the very start.

I'm not doing it to troll. When I first got it there were hardly any characters. Fact is the launched a partial game.
---
PSN: Mokmuud XBL: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#26googlerPosted 7/13/2014 3:39:34 PM
I stopped caring about MK after 3, but being a fighting game enthusiast and having just played KI for the first time, I have to say KI is easily one of the most unimpressive games I've played in recent memory. Gameplay feels like a mix of stolen SF4 sprinkled with KI memes and characters and for something "next Gen" the visuals kind of suck
#27boolzeroPosted 7/13/2014 3:42:54 PM
mokmuud posted...

It was also a $20 digital release game as opposed to a $60 retail. Perspective please. If you are going to make an argument don't make it a stilted one... For the price it is a more than competent product and what it may lack in options it more than makes up for in design and gameplay mechanics.
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#28boolzeroPosted 7/13/2014 3:48:14 PM
MightyMuna posted...
ExempliGratia posted...
MightyMuna posted...

I watched it. Not impressed. MK has far better gameplay in my opinion.

I have to say you must not have played the game to be saying that. KI is probably one of the most complex fighting games I've played, and I've been playing them since my teen arcade days in the 80's and 90's. If you think people are clambering over the game simply because of the combos, you are highly mistaken. That could be said about the old arcade version, but with the new one they have added so many more layers of complexity to the fighting system that you really can't just get by with knowing combos alone.

Perhaps looking up some videos of the training mode and it's numerous lessons will give you some insight into the complexity of the game...
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#29mokmuudPosted 7/13/2014 3:51:17 PM
boolzero posted...
mokmuud posted...

It was also a $20 digital release game as opposed to a $60 retail. Perspective please. If you are going to make an argument don't make it a stilted one... For the price it is a more than competent product and what it may lack in options it more than makes up for in design and gameplay mechanics.

I disagree.
---
PSN: Mokmuud XBL: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#30spacejamjordanzPosted 7/13/2014 3:54:59 PM
boolzero posted...
mokmuud posted...

The price doesn't excuse a fighter shipping without very basic features. Even Skullgirls had an arcade mode upon release and it's $15. I play KI as well, but that is a fair criticism.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138