Which is more impressive, Mortal Kombat X or Killer Instinct?

#31boolzeroPosted 7/13/2014 3:55:36 PM
mokmuud posted...
boolzero posted...
mokmuud posted...
We'll with MK I get a whole game from the start.

It was also a $20 digital release game as opposed to a $60 retail. Perspective please. If you are going to make an argument don't make it a stilted one... For the price it is a more than competent product and what it may lack in options it more than makes up for in design and gameplay mechanics.

I disagree.

Clearly, you are a master at debate and articulating the ideas of your multilayered argument...
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#32PorungaPosted 7/13/2014 3:59:55 PM
Mortal Kombat > Killer Instinct in general. On top of that the new KI is simply a bad KI game, and by no means on the same level of MKX, or any other for that matter.
#33boolzeroPosted 7/13/2014 4:00:34 PM
spacejamjordanz posted...
boolzero posted...
mokmuud posted...

It was also a $20 digital release game as opposed to a $60 retail. Perspective please. If you are going to make an argument don't make it a stilted one... For the price it is a more than competent product and what it may lack in options it more than makes up for in design and gameplay mechanics.

The price doesn't excuse a fighter shipping without very basic features. Even Skullgirls had an arcade mode upon release and it's $15. I play KI as well, but that is a fair criticism.

At least you bothered to articulate why you disagreed, so thank you! I can understand your argument, but it can also see the point (which wasn't brought up but is prevalent) in that most fighting game enthusiasts buy them mainly for the competitive online portion. I too like a good Arcade mode, but I personally didn't miss it and never realized it was that sore of a point for some people as to spoil the rest of what I think is an otherwise great fighting game (mechanically) for them! Interesting!
---
#34mokmuudPosted 7/13/2014 4:04:03 PM
boolzero posted...
mokmuud posted...
boolzero posted...
mokmuud posted...

I disagree.

Clearly, you are a master at debate and articulating the ideas of your multilayered argument...

I already said why. As have many others. What more is there to say.
Smh
---
PSN: Mokmuud XBL: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#35boolzeroPosted 7/13/2014 4:04:58 PM
Porunga posted...
Mortal Kombat > Killer Instinct in general. On top of that the new KI is simply a bad KI game, and by no means on the same level of MKX, or any other for that matter.

Honestly, until we've had the game in our hands to see the complex layers of the fighting system. I like both series and I am definitely interested in seeing what they have added, changed and refined in the MK series. So far the trap setting seems interesting, but I dislike the interactive environments as they seem kind of under realized in the footage we've seen so far. Like the Raiden fight, when he gets thrown into the Bazaar stall, I expected the shop items and pottery to break, but the only thing that was interactive was the one piece in the center of the stage. It just seems like and beta concept not fully realized IMO...
---
#36spacejamjordanzPosted 7/13/2014 4:11:06 PM
boolzero posted...
boolzero posted...
mokmuud posted...

The price doesn't excuse a fighter shipping without very basic features. Even Skullgirls had an arcade mode upon release and it's $15. I play KI as well, but that is a fair criticism.

At least you bothered to articulate why you disagreed, so thank you! I can understand your argument, but it can also see the point (which wasn't brought up but is prevalent) in that most fighting game enthusiasts buy them mainly for the competitive online portion. I too like a good Arcade mode, but I personally didn't miss it and never realized it was that sore of a point for some people as to spoil the rest of what I think is an otherwise great fighting game (mechanically) for them! Interesting!

Gamers shouldn't have to wait six months to get basic features that are traditional to fighting games, so it's still a fair point. It may have not bothered you, but it stuck out to me like a sore thumb. I enjoy both sides of fighters. Online and offline, and both sides were lacking. It's better now, and Season 2 promises a slew of new features as well.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#37boolzeroPosted 7/13/2014 4:23:26 PM(edited)
mokmuud posted...
boolzero posted...
mokmuud posted...
boolzero posted...
mokmuud posted...

I disagree.

I already said why. As have many others. What more is there to say.
Smh

Did you expect 12 or 16 characters for $20? You can shake your head like its a clear cut argument, but obviously it's not. Like I said previously; perspective. I don't expect a full fledge fighting game for bargain bin pricing, do you? Who the hell does for that? I can understand if the game wasn't for you or if you didn't like it, but to say it didn't have enough characters for a $20 game seems (and I hate to use this as I'm not trying to insult you personally) a largely entitled mindset. Had they charged $40 for it, I would most certainly agree however, but I just can't with your reasoning. No offense meant and thanks for the civil debate!
---
#38boolzeroPosted 7/13/2014 4:22:07 PM
boolzero posted...
boolzero posted...
mokmuud posted...

Gamers shouldn't have to wait six months to get basic features that are traditional to fighting games, so it's still a fair point. It may have not bothered you, but it stuck out to me like a sore thumb. I enjoy both sides of fighters. Online and offline, and both sides were lacking. It's better now, and Season 2 promises a slew of new features as well.

I guess so. Maybe because I'm older and perhaps have a different outlook on these things. Perhaps that's why I don't perceive them the same way as some of the posters here I guess. I'm not going to say I'm accustomed to be nickeled and dimed, but rather having been a gamer for 4 decades you just see the industry change so many times with so many models and you find you ultimately have no real impact on it as the gamer. You just get used to it the constant changes, so for me (and being honest here, it's not the first fighter to release with no arcade mode and those in the past have been retail games) it just seemed like another in a trend...

Thanks for the insight and some proper debate!
---
#39DarthUchiha91Posted 7/13/2014 4:26:52 PM
MightyMuna posted...
Even though I'm not a fan of Mortal Kombat, I prefer it to Killer Instinct. KI has no gameplay. People are just enamoured with its colorful combos.

Street Fighter, Tekken and Guilty Gear remain king.

I like the way you think.
---
I'm the Barack Obama of fat people
Yes we can...Eat!!
#40mokmuudPosted 7/13/2014 4:34:22 PM
boolzero posted...

Did you expect 12 or 16 characters for $20? You can shake your head like its a clear cut argument, but obviously it's not. Like I said previously; perspective. I don't expect a full fledge fighting game for bargain bin pricing, do you? Who the hell does for that? I can understand if the game wasn't for you or if you didn't like it, but to say it didn't have enough characters for a $20 game seems (and I hate to use this as I'm not trying to insult you personally) a largely entitled mindset. Had they charged $40 for it, I would most certainly agree however, but I just can't with your reasoning. No offense meant and thanks for the civil debate!

For $40 you get 8 characters 8 costumes and some accessories. And no offense taken. I've also been gaming since the early 80s and I would rather pay full price and get a full game than pay half price and have character released one at a time over months and no arcade mode at launch. It's not so much the amount of characters as it is the way the released it.
---
PSN: Mokmuud XBL: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539