Which is more impressive, Mortal Kombat X or Killer Instinct?

#51sonicteam2k1Posted 7/14/2014 11:56:27 AM
based on animations along I think KI is better. I love some MK but man they always use some stiff ass animations.

MK X still has those stiff animations on the gameplay they've shown. But I know MK X will be a more robust game overall.
---
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games
#52popping4itPosted 7/15/2014 3:22:10 PM
Tenzhi posted...
The question isn't which one has better graphics, it's which one looks more impressive - a subtle difference. A well done Mugen game could even be a contender in that sort of contest.

this is alot of words to state no opinion at all. in the same vein a ferrai could be slower than a pinto under the right circumstances see how these types of pointless statements dont need to be said.
---
whens mahvel?
#53mokmuudPosted 7/15/2014 3:32:45 PM
SupaflyGibson posted...
mokmuud posted...
boolzero posted...

Did you expect 12 or 16 characters for $20? You can shake your head like its a clear cut argument, but obviously it's not. Like I said previously; perspective. I don't expect a full fledge fighting game for bargain bin pricing, do you? Who the hell does for that? I can understand if the game wasn't for you or if you didn't like it, but to say it didn't have enough characters for a $20 game seems (and I hate to use this as I'm not trying to insult you personally) a largely entitled mindset. Had they charged $40 for it, I would most certainly agree however, but I just can't with your reasoning. No offense meant and thanks for the civil debate!

For $40 you get 8 characters 8 costumes and some accessories. And no offense taken. I've also been gaming since the early 80s and I would rather pay full price and get a full game than pay half price and have character released one at a time over months and no arcade mode at launch. It's not so much the amount of characters as it is the way the released it.

You've left out that you also get the original KI perfectly ported to the X1. Easily worth the $40.

I'm not saying it's not worth it. I'm just saying it's annoying getting it one character at a time.
---
PSN: Mokmuud XBL: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#54mike468Posted 7/15/2014 8:53:08 PM
I've been a Mortal Kombat fan since the beginning. This new game looks great, but I've been moving toward preferring the Street Fighter play style lately and Killer Instinct is better n that regard. mKX will have more content than KI, though.

They'll both be great games though. I love fighting games in general.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#55TenzhiPosted 7/15/2014 10:03:57 PM
popping4it posted...
this is alot of words to state no opinion at all. in the same vein a ferrai could be slower than a pinto under the right circumstances see how these types of pointless statements dont need to be said.

Your analogy is certainly pointless. The fact remains, however, that the game engine not being the cutting edge shiny-new engine doesn't inherently make the game less impressive. To use a similar analogy to yours and make it actually relevant: It's like saying a Chrysler Smart is faster than a Ferrari Testarossa because the Smart has a newer engine. Or, conversely, like saying the Ferrari Testarossa is inherently the more desirable car between the two simply because it's faster.

Also: Isn't MKX multiplatform? Which begs the question of how liking the game more than KI would have anything to do with being a Sony fanboy?
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.