Major issue with Games With Gold that Microsoft needs to fix

#1Crazy AJPosted 7/13/2014 8:59:26 AM
Basically, if your Gold membership runs out you can't play the game anymore which is fine. But, when you try to pay for the game, you can't! You're stuck with being unable to play the game by any means possible unless you get Gold again! Anyway, here's a chat about this:

REP: Hello, thank you for contacting Xbox Customer Support. My name is ***. Please give me a moment to review your question.
REP: Hi there! How are you doing today?
me: I'm alright, how are you?
REP: That is good to hear, you are doing alright! Keep it up! I am doing alright as well! Thanks for your concern!
REP: As what I understand, you already have downloaded the Xbox One free game with Gold now which is Guacamelee, you also mentioned that you want to buy the game but you can't. You also mentioned that you tried buying it on Xbox One via web site but you still can't. Is that correct?
me: Yes and I'm no longer a Gold member.
me: So I can't play the game because when I boot it up it tells me I need to be a Gold member to play it.
REP: Oh I see. Thanks for the additional information.
REP: As far as I have known, we can actually play the game Guacamelee without a Gold membership me as I have tried it myself before. As what you have mentioned earlier, you have already downloaded the game when you were an Xbox Live Gold member, right?
me: I can't play it because I downloaded it as part of the "Games With Gold" promotion. When the Gold membership runs out you get locked out of the game.
me: And now I want to buy it.
REP: even though you have downloaded it as free games with Gold. You can actually play the game itself if ever the Gold membership ran's out from your account.
me: That's the way it used to work but it doesn't anymore
REP: me may I please have the gamer tag of the account?
me: ***
REP: Thank you!
REP: Now, let us verify the account here on our end.
REP: Sign in that gamer tag on to this link-- verifyme.microsoft.com --
REP: Thank you, may I please have the email of the account as well?
REP: Thanks!
REP: Give me one moment please.
REP: Bear with me.
me: BTW, on Microsoft's website it says "On Xbox One, active Gold membership required to play free games you've downloaded." which was updated in May.
me: In the smallprint on this page: http://news.xbox.com/2014/05/xbox-delivering-more-choices
REP: Thanks for your patience.
REP: as what you have mentioned, the page states that free games with Gold for Xbox One requires you to have a Gold membership on it, is that right?
me: Yes
me: And now that I don't have Gold, I want to pay for the game but I can't.
REP: for some reasons, the code you provided by us earlier didn't work. Can you please try to sign in your account on the page where you got the code again?
REP: We actually just the need the code for some security reasons.
REP: Perfect!
REP: Thank you very much!
REP: as what I can see here on your account the game was downloaded already on your account, and there is no need for you to download or buy it again.
REP: can we try accessing the game and then provide me the exact error message you are seeing if there is?
me: Do you mean launching the game or buying it?
REP: Launching the game
me: Just a moment
REP: Sure thing, take your time please.
me: I have to download it again so it'll be a few minutes.
REP: It is alright, me Not a problem.
REP: Rest assured that it will be working this time.
REP: we would really appreciate if you will contact us back again should the issue still persists.
REP: You may have this reference number *** as a documentation for this chat session.
me: Okay, but please wait until I try to launch the game it's almost done
REP: Oh sure thing!
#2Crazy AJ(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2014 8:59:41 AM
REP: Hi. Just want to check if you are still there, me
me: Yes
REP: Great! Thanks!
me: It's right at the end... 30 seconds maybe
REP: That is good to hear! Keep it up!
me: The message that comes up is:
me: "Renew your membership to play this game"
me: "Because you got this game through Games With Gold you need an active Gold membership to play it. Renew now or try buying the game in the Xbox Store."
me: But I can't buy it on the store or via the website.
REP: thanks for trying. I just actually noticed here that games with Gold updates for May is the one that we are referring to.
REP: can we try to purchase a Gold membership and try playing the game?
me: I don't want to purchase a Gold membership
REP: this is actually a new update free games with Gold this time.
REP: I am afraid that a license of a game cannot be attached twice to your account.
me: I want to pay for the game though.
REP: I am afraid that we do not have any option to purchase the game as you already have this game's license attached to your account's file.
me: It has the option to Buy it for $14.99 but when I click it nothing happens.
REP: This game is actually free game with Gold membership me Gold membership is actually a requirement or pre requisite to play games with Gold.
me: I want to pay for it. I don't want it free.
REP: I am afraid that our only way to play this game is to have a Gold membership on to our account.
REP: I truly understand that me I would really like to get it done for you right away.
me: This is unacceptable and obviously a major flaw with the Games With Gold system and should be fixed by Microsoft.
REP: we are really very sorry for this inconvenience caused to you.
REP: This is not the kind of experience we wanted you to have from us.
REP: No worries, me We will be going to look up for this one. We will make sure that you can be able to play this game without having Gold.
REP: Rest assured, I myself will personally take care of this one.
REP: I will be having a one on one conversation with my supervisor here for this issue.
REP: Just give us some time in fixing this one.
me: Thanks. I really hope that this is fixed soon because I can't play the game.
REP: You are welcome!
REP: Anything for you.
REP: We are so sorry to hear about this one again.
REP: We cannot thank you enough for sharing this issue to us right away.
REP: We and the entire Microsoft will be more than willing to work on this, me
REP: I am glad that we have a very patient customer like you that stays loyal with us.
REP: Microsoft would be glad to have you so far despite of our issue, me
REP: I am glad that I was able to help you today.
REP: Is there anything else I can help you with?
me: No that's it thanks
REP: Thank you for contacting Xbox Customer Support. Have a nice day and take care! Best wishes to you! Please feel free to contact us back again whenever you need help, we will be more than willing to help you resolve any Xbox issues.
#3GambitbuzzkillPosted 7/13/2014 9:02:59 AM
Way too long to read.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#4AceAndJunpeiPosted 7/13/2014 9:03:35 AM
Gambitbuzzkill posted...
Way too long to read.

SMH.

Do you have the attention span of a fly?
---
You're like a puzzle that can't be solved, some pieces never fill the gaps
#5Crazy AJ(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2014 9:07:23 AM
Sorry, if the REP says "me" awkwardly that's because I replaced my name with the word "me".
#6slowdog76Posted 7/13/2014 9:21:11 AM
yh thats a bit daft. raise a thing about it on xbox user voice. i will support it
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#7youngunner2123Posted 7/13/2014 9:22:08 AM
Crazy AJ posted...
Sorry, if the REP says "me" awkwardly that's because I replaced my name with the word "me".

Stillway to long to read

Can't you just say what was the whole point in your essay
---
Your arms are too short to box with GOD!!!
#8SigmaLongshotPosted 7/13/2014 9:23:59 AM
Actually if that's the case, that's one of those rare situations where the topic creator has highlighted a legitimate issue with Microsoft's service.

It's nothing malicious though, or I certainly can't see that being the case - I mean until you brought it up I never even thought about it. I'm certain this is an oversight that can be rectified. Lodge an email complaint and mark it urgent.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#9rincewind1990Posted 7/13/2014 9:26:32 AM
youngunner2123 posted...
Stillway to long to read

Can't you just say what was the whole point in your essay

He did, in the very first paragraph:
Crazy AJ posted...
Basically, if your Gold membership runs out you can't play the game anymore which is fine. But, when you try to pay for the game, you can't! You're stuck with being unable to play the game by any means possible unless you get Gold again!
#10IChangedMyNamePosted 7/13/2014 9:40:32 AM
I really wish they didn't add this policy. I liked it sooooo much, one of the reason I don't download the free games on PS+ is because I don't know when ill play them and I don't want PS+ (as it is I got it for free) so when GoD started and it didn"t have these limitations I was super excited.

But now, eh.... I'll always have gold but knowing I'm screwed for when I may not stil bothers me.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)