i think I'm the only person in the world that absolutely loves HD Ports

#21rusty12000Posted 7/13/2014 5:11:09 PM
Robin_Mask posted...
I'm okay with them if they came out a bit later, instead it is just a desperate move like TLOU.

Halo is a different thing, it has four games and Halo 2 is getting remastered along with online for all four games I think. Also a far better value than TLOU by a longshot since that game just came out a year ago.

I love that TLOU is getting an HD remake. I never owned a PS3 but I do own a PS4 so ill be buying it day one. This generation had a lot of converts so I don't think it was a bad move at all.
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#22PibugoPosted 7/13/2014 5:46:13 PM
Why is this topic missing a good ol' rant? Better fix that right now...

LEGEND_KILLERRR posted...
I know a lot of people just hate the idea of spending money on a game that played 1 -6 years ago

This is not the issue. Aesthetics are irrelevant to me, they have little to no effect on my decision on buying a game, nor it's enjoyment. You are probably already seeing the issue here.
So, do ports/HD ports have their place? Yes. It allows people to play games from older generation(s) on a modern system, or in some cases, bundle multiple games from different consoles to a single system.

The problem? It changes nothing. I mean, a HD Remaster? Get real, man. Graphics should be the absolute lowest rock bottom factor when it comes to judging a game, so that improves nothing. Second problem. They are cash grabs. Yes, these companies are out there to make money, they have their family to feed and all that stuff. But there's a difference between making a game and getting money off of it, and making something purely for the money. These HD ports, dude. They always scream "Please give us your money, pleeeease"

Third problem. I'd rather prefer a remake. Oh, yes, I said it. R-E-M-A-K-E. You know, where they actually improve the game? You might say "Well a remake could be bad so it makes the game worse"... get out. If it turns out to be bad, then you can just ignore it. While you can just ignore (or buy it, and in so doing, giving them their "hard earned" money and encouraging them to do more of them, which gives people like me a headache) a (HD) port, the problem known as "wasted potential" comes up. At least with a bad remake, they tried.

But that rarely is an issue, as pretty much every remake in my life that I've played, have done nothing but improved a game and made it 27 times better. On the other hand, there are the hundreds and hundreds of terrible ports/remasters that made me spit on them.
Anyway, this was my take on the matter :P
---
The stuff I do/post isn't 100% BS -VeghEsther
#23RS_YELARAKAPosted 7/13/2014 5:56:29 PM
I have no problems with HD ports, for $39.99 on release day of course
---
GT - YELARAKA (Member of RS Squad)
NNID - YELARAKA
#24zerooo0Posted 7/13/2014 5:58:13 PM
What I would give to EA for a Star Wars Battlefront HD collection running on Frostbite 3 or even a simple HD port. I would give them my all.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#25puffnbillys420Posted 7/13/2014 6:37:55 PM
I like it...I havent played most of these hd ports so its like playing a fresh game and the ones I have played well I dont have to buy them so why should I care if developers bring them back out
---
Psn: DirtyJoeBro XBL: joe1ah feel free to add me
#26singhellotakuPosted 7/13/2014 7:24:18 PM
what I don't understand is why the hell don't you just play the original versions? I still have about 2 hundred 360 games and about 40 ps3 games because i'm not a short sighted fool.
---
Humanity as a whole gets dumber every time you write sonypony nintendrone or xbot...and weeaboo...I mean, honestly people.
#27Superjudge4000Posted 7/13/2014 10:23:53 PM
Bring back MechAssault damn it
---
Currently playing: Torchlight 2.
#28phoenix9291Posted 7/13/2014 10:45:36 PM(edited)
singhellotaku posted...
what I don't understand is why the hell don't you just play the original versions? I still have about 2 hundred 360 games and about 40 ps3 games because i'm not a short sighted fool.

The return of a game's online multiplayer, improved graphics, added features, packaged dlc, wanting games on one single platform....Pretty close-minded to not understand why others would want remasters.
---
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup
#29Chosen_one_41Posted 7/13/2014 11:02:01 PM
Pibugo posted...
The problem? It changes nothing. I mean, a HD Remaster? Get real, man. Graphics should be the absolute lowest rock bottom factor when it comes to judging a game, so that improves nothing. Second problem. They are cash grabs. Yes, these companies are out there to make money, they have their family to feed and all that stuff. But there's a difference between making a game and getting money off of it, and making something purely for the money. These HD ports, dude. They always scream "Please give us your money, pleeeease"

Why do you assume that people only buy HD ports for the graphics? Every HD port I have ever bought is a game that I have never played before. Like it was great to be able to get the Metal Gear HD collection because I never played a Metal Gear game before and to play all those games before would have had me hunting down 3 consoles I don't even own. Also why is it that when the game is originally released it is not a money grab but the port is? The effort put into the game years ago is still there. HD ports are amazing in my opinion because it fixes a problem in gaming where as a game gets older it gets harder and harder to find, even the systems can get old and hard to find. If we keep porting the "masterpiece" games from older systems than newer generation of gamers wont miss out on some really good games.
---
www.backloggery.com/chosen_one_41
I'm not a real gamer, I actually enjoy playing games
#30phoenix9291Posted 7/13/2014 11:04:20 PM
Well said Chosen
---
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup