Okay, so my 360 broke, so now I am gonna make the jump for a newer system.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Okay, so my 360 broke, so now I am gonna make the jump for a newer system.
1 year ago#1
Like the title says. I am stuck choosing which console to choose from. I want opinions from people who own both. And no, I am not a fanboy, nothing to gain from being a fanboy over a piece of plastic. If I could get both, I would. But I am stuck getting one for now. Now this is where it's gonna get complicated for me. I want exclusives on both ends, I play multiplats on Xbox, because I prefer the controller and that's where all my friends are at. I don't care about resolution, if I cared so much about that, I'd play on freaking pc for damn sakes. But from what's been going on, a lot of talk is going about that the Xbox One could possibly get another price drop later this year. Like I said, complicated choice.
---
PSN: Donnie19---Gamertag: Chaos Matazaki---3DS FC: 5000-3303-9111---IGN: Lilith---Friend Safari Pokemon Psychic: Drowzee, Xatu, Wobuffet.
1 year ago#2
Price drop is unlikely but sales and bundles have been popping up all the time for both systems. Just wait for a decent sale and pick one up. Both systems were on sale for $360 earlier in the week.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bandin6385/
1 year ago#3
Be a man. Make your own decision. Like you already said you prefer Xbox cause of controller and friends. Seems pretty obvious to me which say you should go.
1 year ago#4
I would wait, but I'm gonna have the money in a week or two. So I am trying to decide. I don't know if any decent bundles will be around at the time.
---
PSN: Donnie19---Gamertag: Chaos Matazaki---3DS FC: 5000-3303-9111---IGN: Lilith---Friend Safari Pokemon Psychic: Drowzee, Xatu, Wobuffet.
1 year ago#5
Get whichever one you decide on, or a PC.
All have games.
---
"DRM aside, all of Microsofts moves have been as intended."
- Hentaidoji
1 year ago#6
Doubt there will be another price drop, maybe just a limited bundle. I would say stick with the Xbox one. I enjoy the gamepad much better than the ps4 aswell. If you already have friends on the one then there is no reason to pick.
1 year ago#7
I just want opinions on what I should expect from each console. I want to get ideas, on what I should prepare for.
---
1 year ago#8
Expect x1 to have more media center options.
Expect ps4 to game better.
Which I think is weird from 360/ps3 days...
I consider ps3 to be the better media outlet last gen.
7.1 etc...
---
"DRM aside, all of Microsofts moves have been as intended."
- Hentaidoji
1 year ago#9
I don't own both systems yet, there aren't enough PS4 exclusives yet to make me want to buy it, but I have played the PS4 quiet a bit, several friends own both. I do own the Xbox one. Like yourself I've always preferred the Xbox controllers over the PS. This gen is no different, the Xbox controller simply fits my hands better and just feels better to me. There is an argument that the DS4 is more heavy duty and thus better. For me it does feel heavier and more sturdy, but it just feels like a heavy DS3 that's a tad wider with a wired touch pad in the middle. Not saying the Xbox one controller is flimsy by any means though, my daughter has chucked both of mine more than a few times and they worm great still. To be fare and honest the PS4 specks are slightly better, but as you said resolution isn't a huge thing for me, which is where the hardware differences will be. PS4 is a litttle stronger so the games look a little better. For me the decision came down to the Xbox one had better exclusives for the start of this gen, and for me that hasn't changed. Also more of my friends went Xbox one than went PS4, I'm largely a social gamer these days so that had a big impact. As for the system I got it for Christmas, 6 months in and I have no complaints. The voice commands are a great addition, the controller is great, the online is just as good as last gen, the snap feature f***ing rocks. The UI on the PS4 responds a little faster, but the Xbox ones works great and gets better with each update. All in all if I had to make the decision again now, knowing what I know about both system now, I'd pick up the Xbox one first again.
---
Gamertag: ZombiPenguin00
REVENGE SOLVES EVERYTHING
1 year ago#10
Chaos_Matazaki posted...
I just want opinions on what I should expect from each console. I want to get ideas, on what I should prepare for.

Fanboys. Prepare for fanboys.
---
Valar morghulis
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Okay, so my 360 broke, so now I am gonna make the jump for a newer system.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived