Sell or Keep Kinect?

#1razakyPosted 7/13/2014 2:31:59 PM
I just got a brand new xbox.

I put my kinect up for sale on ebay and someone offered me $100.

Im not sure if I should keep it or not. Is it useful? Is it worth it for the voice commands?
#2TOhasNoRingPosted 7/13/2014 2:32:45 PM
Ball is life.
---
Intel Atom 1.20GHz - 512MB DDR2 SDRAM - Serial ATA 5400 RPM HDD - Intel GMA 3600
#3razaky(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2014 2:42:06 PM
TOhasNoRing posted...
Ball is life.

what does that mean
#4PackersXLVPosted 7/13/2014 2:55:24 PM
Well if you've already put it up for sale then you've already made up your mind. But if your asking on gamefaqs if should sell it then your having second thoughts. From my experience if I'm having second thoughts and sell something I later on regret it and you end up wasting money.
#5spacejamjordanzPosted 7/13/2014 2:57:19 PM
I get the feeling that you already made up your mind. Go ahead and get your $100 back.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#6PackersXLVPosted 7/13/2014 3:01:58 PM
I'm probably the minority but I hated Kinect on 360 I got rid of it fast but with Kinect 2.0 I can't imagine my gaming life without it.
I like giving it commands and the use of oit in games like madden plus I have Kinect sports and just dance for me and my girlfriend to play.
#7razaky(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2014 3:05:02 PM
PackersXLV posted...
I'm probably the minority but I hated Kinect on 360 I got rid of it fast but with Kinect 2.0 I can't imagine my gaming life without it.
I like giving it commands and the use of oit in games like madden plus I have Kinect sports and just dance for me and my girlfriend to play.

alot of people have said that the command "xbox on" to turn the console on doesn't work well.

what is your experience regarding this?

im interested in this, if i can star my xbox just by saying"xbox on" and does it reliably that would make me keep it.
#8PackersXLVPosted 7/13/2014 3:17:07 PM
I use Xbox on all the time no problem with it but it won't work if your down the hallway or in another room and shout Xbox on. When your in the room it's in you give a firm Xbox on don't shout or yell at it. Also a lot of people use command Xbox friends or Xbox Titanfall that is not correct. You have to say Xbox go to then what you want like Xbox go to Titanfall then it will work fine and it will be less frustrating. My only problem was gestures it was horrible but I fixed that problem. Instead of having Kinect at the bottom in front of my t.v I got wall brackets at wal mart for $2 each and installed them above my tv. I then got a shelf and put one the brackets and put my Kinect on there. The end result was more positive and I can do hand gestures play my two Kinect games no problem.
#9x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 7/13/2014 3:17:19 PM
razaky posted...
PackersXLV posted...

alot of people have said that the command "xbox on" to turn the console on doesn't work well.

im interested in this, if i can star my xbox just by saying"xbox on" and does it reliably that would make me keep it.

Worked well 75% of the time. others I had to say it multiple times. I sold my Kinect a few weeks ago and haven't looked back. Just wasn't necessary or even interesting to me.
#10Mspaul09Posted 7/13/2014 3:20:35 PM
razaky posted...
PackersXLV posted...

When I fist got mine the Xbox on command never worked, a friend told me to calibrate the Kinect. Once I did that it works like 90% of the time, and when it doesn't it's usually cause there's a lot of background noise.
---
Gamertag: ZombiPenguin00
REVENGE SOLVES EVERYTHING