Sell or Keep Kinect?

#11PackersXLVPosted 7/13/2014 4:21:15 PM
See this the problem like many other things in this world some people love it and some hate it. Most on gamefaqs seems to hate it but everyone that I know have liked it enough to keep it.
#12lightfighterPosted 7/13/2014 4:22:34 PM
Imo , sell.
#13nb003_99Posted 7/13/2014 4:23:36 PM
When the PC version sells for 200?
GameStop will give you 4.95
---
"DRM aside, all of Microsofts moves have been as intended."
- Hentaidoji
#14Darth StalinPosted 7/13/2014 4:28:18 PM
PackersXLV posted...
I'm probably the minority but I hated Kinect on 360 I got rid of it fast but with Kinect 2.0 I can't imagine my gaming life without it.
I like giving it commands and the use of oit in games like madden plus I have Kinect sports and just dance for me and my girlfriend to play.

Same here, hated the X360 kinect but love the new kinect. The voice commands are very accurate now, especially after calibrating it.
---
XBL Tag- Cruxis Mithos | PSN - Cruxis_Mithos
Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360 and PS3.... Will get a Wii U when SSB comes out.
#15SMOG-097Posted 7/13/2014 4:29:10 PM
I bought the kinect-less version. I'm not too concerned ... we have the Kinnect for the 360 and the kids hate it, prefer controllers. It never gets used and collects dust with the PSEYE.
#16Laylow12Posted 7/13/2014 4:29:25 PM
Sell it! Do it quickly too!

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#17boolzeroPosted 7/13/2014 4:33:36 PM(edited)
PackersXLV posted...
I use Xbox on all the time no problem with it but it won't work if your down the hallway or in another room and shout Xbox on. When your in the room it's in you give a firm Xbox on don't shout or yell at it. Also a lot of people use command Xbox friends or Xbox Titanfall that is not correct. You have to say Xbox go to then what you want like Xbox go to Titanfall then it will work fine and it will be less frustrating. My only problem was gestures it was horrible but I fixed that problem. Instead of having Kinect at the bottom in front of my t.v I got wall brackets at wal mart for $2 each and installed them above my tv. I then got a shelf and put one the brackets and put my Kinect on there. The end result was more positive and I can do hand gestures play my two Kinect games no problem.

I'll disagree to a positive view. I've yelled "Xbox On" from across the house from my bedroom, my kids bedroom, for the FROG and I've turned the thing on so long as I've done it loud and clear enough! The same for turning it off as well! I've gotten in bed, which our bedroom is down the hall from the living room, head on my pillow, yelled "Xbox turn off", paused, "Yes" and shut the thing off as well!

I really think it comes down to calibration, and you have to do it several times and with the. Plume at a sweet spot where it is loud but not too overly loud!

I do agree with the gesture problems though... They aren't the greatest and are hit and miss. I've had the thing go crazy because I have raised my arm around my head and it try to detect my hand for no reason. The UI functionality for games is pretty horrid as well, but games themselves seem to work okay...
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#18Darth StalinPosted 7/13/2014 4:32:00 PM
SMOG-097 posted...
I bought the kinect-less version. I'm not too concerned ... we have the Kinnect for the 360 and the kids hate it, prefer controllers. It never gets used and collects dust with the PSEYE.

X360 Kinect blows.....but the X1 Kinect is pretty good. They are definitely different.
---
XBL Tag- Cruxis Mithos | PSN - Cruxis_Mithos
Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360 and PS3.... Will get a Wii U when SSB comes out.