Xbox One is not for kids

#21redeyes6778Posted 7/14/2014 11:10:08 PM
Forza 5 has a mandatory 14GB download if you get the disc version, the 14GB is not a patch, but a portion of the game that was not put into the disc

From an IGN article

“So when you first boot up the game, we’re going to ask you to log in,” he explained. “And when you log in you’re going to get the Drivatars and you’re also going to get a whole bunch of content: tracks and cars. Our production schedule is such that we are putting them in as late as possible and that means making them free as downloadable content on Day One.

We’re not making a launch game. We’re making Forza 5, at launch.

“[But] that is required content to play the game. We basically have designed the game to work with all that content no matter how late is coming in, in order to make the biggest game possible.”
#22kayoticdreamzPosted 7/14/2014 11:20:57 PM
popping4it posted...
i dunno when i was a kid i figured out all that crap on my own...

inb4 "lol it was so easy back then"

uh no it wasnt. pc games pre-steam were a complete ****-show. digging through sound drivers and essentially trial and error your way through irq and dma settings which would crash your sound and you've have to reboot the computer to get working again.

this. the intelligence of children must be plummeting. no one told me I had to blow in the catridges except my brother maybe but no one told him that. we just figured it out. no one told me how to run PC games.....God only knows how I figured it out but I did. if your 8 year old cannot figure out how to play the game on their own then they just shouldn't play.

and there were plenty of complicated games back then too not to mention writing down save passwords and the hook ups were noticeably more complicated as well as figuring out whether it was channel 2,3 or 4.

I think the problem is games are too popular back then only the ones that really wanted it were gaming.....now days everyone is gaming which means you get idiots who only know how to use facebook. which why Ive said before I hate casual gamers because they literally could not have brought gaming to where it is because casual gamers will never figure out to blow on the catridge. nor could they do like us more hardcore gamers that figured out to play games without tutorials and beat games without youtube.

children need to be left to figure things out on their own now and then. yet the era of casual gaming we are in says NOPE YOU CANT figure out anything on your own because you are a big fat lazy dummy.

if anything gaming was a lot harder back then to set up, play, and actually beat the games. you had to han solo it or find someone else that knew the trick and could show it you.
#23shuggyconeheadPosted 7/14/2014 11:37:32 PM
I miss the good ol' days popping in a cartridge and playing the game instantly...
---
GT:shuggyconehead
#24Jedi454Posted 7/15/2014 12:24:44 AM(edited)
The TC never owned a Ps3.
#25Garage_ManPosted 7/15/2014 12:38:44 AM
Jedi454 posted...

Lol. Ps+ was the best investment I made. That stupid update stuff got old really quick. Every single time you turn it on...updates! God forbid you are me and have a ton of games...you are just screwed.
#26slowdog76Posted 7/15/2014 12:39:16 AM
pnut3844 posted...

Well first off, let me say, and I'm not trying to tell you how to raise kids, but when my 5 year old daughter plays my 360 or xbone, I get the game set up for her everytime. So if there is something she can't figure out, I handle it. Even if she's playing say, ac3 and gets surrounded by enemies, ........

i'm not telling you how to raise kids either, but what the hell you doing letting a 5 year old play something like AC3?
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#27redeyes6778Posted 7/15/2014 12:53:01 AM
slowdog76 posted...
pnut3844 posted...

Well first off, let me say, and I'm not trying to tell you how to raise kids, but when my 5 year old daughter plays my 360 or xbone, I get the game set up for her everytime. So if there is something she can't figure out, I handle it. Even if she's playing say, ac3 and gets surrounded by enemies, ........

i'm not telling you how to raise kids either, but what the hell you doing letting a 5 year old play something like AC3?

better than having her play COD, the swearing in COD trumps anything in AC3, though a 5 year old should not be playing either in any case
#28Garage_ManPosted 7/15/2014 1:06:34 AM
redeyes6778 posted...
slowdog76 posted...
pnut3844 posted...

better than having her play COD, the swearing in COD trumps anything in AC3, though a 5 year old should not be playing either in any case

Better than having her play bad fanservice games too, what's your point? Two wrongs don't make a right... A kid shluldnt be exposed to that nonsense.

Get her a freaking Wii where there are...Idk more mature themes other than killing people. I'd never let any future children I have AT THAT AGE be exposed to that, why not let her watch some M movies too?
#29DavCubePosted 7/15/2014 6:28:00 AM
Jedi454 posted...

Except you don't HAVE to download PS3 game updates. The prompt comes up, but you're given the option to decline. Just like the 360. But not on the Xbox One. Weird, that.
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube
#30MrImpatient35Posted 7/15/2014 8:39:09 AM
My internet speed must be at the speed of light. It took me about 35 minutes to install and update it via that 13GB patch.
---
"It's not my fault that your album went double garbage-bag."