You think Rare will ever make Banjo Threeie?

#1Cowboyfan_19Posted 7/13/2014 10:20:39 PM
I can't be the only one that wants a true sequel to the Banjo series. As much as I love cars and their racing games like Forza and Gran Turismo, Nuts and Bolts was a disgrace to the series. The Xbox one needs some more cool action platformers anyway.

As a side note, it seems like every year the good games decide to come out in October/November, leaving a huge hole in the wallet.
#2RuinerEraserPosted 7/13/2014 10:21:47 PM
No that would be too smart and awesome.
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 and soon Magic The Gather 2015 (only on Xbox)
#3puffnbillys420Posted 7/13/2014 10:22:56 PM
Yep banjo kazooie was a childhood favourite and nuts and bolts was a slap in the face for fans...but I dont think it will happen
---
Psn: DirtyJoeBro XBL: joe1ah feel free to add me
#4cloudriveraPosted 7/13/2014 10:28:03 PM
They might be thinking about it, since they just had that bundle on the 360. I freaking love platformers, so the more the One has the better
---
currently playing: http://www.toysrus.com/graphics/product_images/pTRU1-17042598dt.jpg, http://thegamingpixelshow.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/yT2t8RP.jpg
#5Jedi454Posted 7/13/2014 10:33:32 PM
I preferred Spyro.
#6p3r0x1d3Posted 7/13/2014 10:33:55 PM
i thought nintendo owned the banjo ip and rare just developed/made the game.
#7boolzeroPosted 7/13/2014 10:47:15 PM
As much as I would love that the problem is that platformers have suffered the same fate as JRPG's (I call it the Final Fantasy factor) in that unless they have a pedigree name attached to it (Mario) they don't normally sell well. Look at the otherwise excellent Rayman Legends as a recent example which still hasn't been consider by its studio to sold enough. The problem is that publishers have high volume expectations on theses titles given the amount of money they put in, but very few deliver on the sales. As fanbase's we often live in a bubble and assume things we like do better then they really do.

Aside from the waning diehard fans, very few people know what a "Banjo Kazooie" is, and there is no amount of marketing that is going to sell the games off beat saunter to the casual crowd, and the fanbase won't tolerate it's gameplay being downplayed to meet casual gaming levels. What you have here is a gaming industry stalemate franchise, which is why I think, the property has been on ice for so long and hasn't been approached again (especially after Nuts and Bolts only sold perhaps a little over 700k units worldwide; way short of expectations.

They rightfully are shying away from making a new one because despite fans wanting one, there are not enough fans to justify making one. Video games are a business and it makes no sense for a publisher to back a game that is going to sell poorly, and it's even worse to entertain giving a low rent bargain bin version of a game to your fanbase to supplicate them. So what do you do? You don't make a game until you can figure out a strategy to make that property marketable and hope for the best!

We fans just have to wait for that time...
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#8boolzeroPosted 7/13/2014 10:51:00 PM
p3r0x1d3 posted...
i thought nintendo owned the banjo ip and rare just developed/made the game.

Bzzzz, wrong! That's. to how all deals worked, the problem is that most assume that when a title was published under a company, they owned the IP just because that IP chose not to release under another platform, which is not true. When MS bought Rare, they got their catalogue as well. Monsters Ate My Nieghbors (why the hell haven't they done something with THAT, I still scratch my head in this age of pro online multiplayer), Blast Corp, Banjo Kazooie, the whole lot!
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#9GuyFawkes5Posted 7/13/2014 11:08:33 PM
to be honest I hope not. I am a LONG time fan of Rare, an I personally think Microsoft will ruin it somehow.
---
Down With Big Brother!!!
#10garydavexxxPosted 7/13/2014 11:15:07 PM
Nope, platform games are dead. Unfortunately.
---
They picked an allegiance to a system. And they defend it and will lay their own lives for the console of their choosing. The Game of Consoles is just starting.